• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Invasion - first hints

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just spent time on Test Center to have a better understanding of the oncoming event.

The invasion will take place in one of the legacy cities at a time (both facets). It consists of different waves of monsters (that already exist in game - i e demon type, undead type, elemental type, etc...). They form little groups led by a captain spreading around the city. They are summoned through a beacon (kind of lighthouse) located in the city.
Hunters need to kill the spawns to allow the captain to be reachable. When the captain is with its spawn it is yellow and cant be hit. once the spawn is killed (4/6 creatures) it turns red and is "vulnerable".

Captains are of different types. They look humans and use the same tactics and skills than we do ourselves. They are deadly enough and hardly can be killed solo. (at least i couldt myself).

I met 4 types of Captains so far. Archer (more deadly than Medusa) bard (its disco last for 2 minutes) Necromancer
(tough use of necro spells) and mage (as deadly as Perry !) :rant2: but up to 9 kinds exist...

Killing the spawns can give a chance to minor drops (same as those we know but in different shapes). Killing captains give reward points and after killing enough of them can allow the beacon to be destroyed.

with enough points you can be elligible to major arties (that also can be obtained by switching minors to what i ve been told); luck has an impact on the drop rate devs said....

To be continued...

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info! I thought it was more like the covetous spawn or the last city invasion with hoards of monsters good to hear atleast its 4 to 6 creatures. I wont try to solo for sure, going with guildies. Is it best to attack one foe each to keep the group busy or try to lure away one or two and all jump on the same one?. Ill start as tamer, dont lik emages when summoms cant be used.. Atleast till we know a bit more. And I guess healers wont get anything...

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems i havent been clear enough... a captain has a "team" of 4/6 monsters BUT there are plenty of those teams at the same time !!!
I think the idea is good enough to lure a team away from the others, kill spawn and deal with the Captain with a GD as tank and healing and direct spells support...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a page for the arties, they work like the Tokuno minors to majors, hand them in and get swap.
Don't worry about rushing to get enough while the invasions are on, Kyronix has said they'll be staying in game somewhere after invasions stop.