• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New ideas that I had in mind for UO.

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, can we get perhaps a Stablemaster inside the Gauntlet. Would be a nice addition for Tamers inside the Gauntlet.
I also would like to see a way to save your customized home onto a blueprint. So, if you go to move to a different location you are able to double click your blue print and place your saved customized home onto your new housing spot. Also you could perhaps sell your blueprints too other players.
Can we also please, please somehow make armor made from dragon scales usefull !! In my opinion I think dragon scale armor should be better than armor made out of ore or leather.
Be nice if the advanced tinkered golem made using the gadgetry table be made stronger. The way it is now seems to be too weak.
Finally, I would really like to see Vice VS Virtue system or perhaps a new system made the way how the old Chaos/Order guilds were where you were able to attack the opposing faction in any facet.

Let me know what you think of my ideas. And if you have anything to add, then plz feel free to do so.

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring back the old guildstones for people who like them. Perhaps have new, different shaped guildstones that you are able to choose from. Now, I'm not saying to replace the new system.
Also, add customized shapes or symbols for guild abbreviations.

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I have another idea. I would like to see voice chat added to the game !! If you had to pay an extra $1 or $2 a month. I would gladly pay to have that feature. I don't know if it should only be limited for guilds and factions. Or if everyone within so many steps from you can hear you.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the voice idea. I would like to see in game vendors owned by broadsword selling game codes for gold and offering brokerage services.

I would also like to see NPC assassins that you could pay to kill someone.

Ohh nearly forgot I would like to see free xsharing one day a month for global events that give super duper one off rewards.

I would also like to see people stuffing up the time differences and being stuck on a foreign shard for a month. ;)

Last edited:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the blue print idea... and being able to sell them.

Blueprints are awesome but we would need a new template to create them.

Architect with inscription? What else?

I LOVE guildstones but I think this may be the issue with them:

I got the guildstone for the guild [Fel] from an idoc, so that guild abbreviation is unusable I think so long as that stone still exists.

Potentially every zero to four letter guild abbreviation could become tied up on a guildstone forevermore.

:(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dragon Scales were useless they day they were introduced sadly. I too would LOVE to have some use for them. They should be the most awesome armor in game and they are NOT. We also should be able to make a shield with them. Perhaps other things should use them. Perhaps they can be something we can enhance with as well.

Also... as for the housing idea. This is something I've suggested dozens of times. As someone who enjoys housing design and deco being able to sell a design would be awesome.

I too miss guildstones. Guilds need a boost in more ways than one. There should be incentives to being in a guild .... having a guild... and doing things as a guild.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please get rid of this dead horse smiley, it's only used to try to stop someone from having an opinion.
If you don't like what posted, don't reply or reply in a polite way, where you give you tell why you find it a bad idea.
I've never used it. But I think that smiley could be quite useful for quite a few threads now a days.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we also please, please somehow make armor made from dragon scales usefull !! In my opinion I think dragon scale armor should be better than armor made out of ore or leather.
This. Dragon armor and scales need a revamp. As is stands now, each scale accept for yellow adds 11 total resist, which is right between dull copper (10) and shadow iron (12). And if you were to attempt to make a full dragon suit, you'd have to use a mish-mash of colored scales instead of one color. The luck bonus from yellow scales is pointless.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blueprints - I have suggested this several times.
they would just need to match up to the different size plots.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please get rid of this dead horse smiley, it's only used to try to stop someone from having an opinion.
If you don't like what posted, don't reply or reply in a polite way, where you give you tell why you find it a bad idea.
It's actually the most appropriate smiley available, as with UO, we really are flogging a dead horse. This game is waaaaay past its sell by date and is only kept alive by the pixel addicts.

It is now a niche game that will never develop or grow. It's kept on life support by developers who are there simply to keep it going and to throw the addicts a bone every now and then.

It's the game I've had the most fun in ever, and I still keep tabs on how it's all going but really .... if you ever expect it to grow or attract new players in any numbers or be developed in any way then it's simply not going to happen. It's dying a long slow death through years of mismanagement. If it were an animal you'd put it down out of kindness.

So with UO we really are :bdh:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the voice chat too! That way they can explain to me how thee bangeth my mother via voice instead of general chat after they die to my waaahcha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voice chat...

I can't type so I was eagerly awaiting in game voice chat in World of Warcraft.

Some things happened that I didn't expect.

My guild leaders, a husband and wife team, the wife's voice sounded like a tiny little gnome. Creepy-ish.

Then, one of the guys in the guild Nate (age unknown) also happened to be in the chat, when all of a sudden I get jumped on by his Mom.

I am a mom myself so I'm sure I would have freaked out also to hear a female voice coming from my son's computer , IF I WASN'T A GAMER, which I guess she wasn't.

First we could hear her behind him in the background, cursing someone or something, another child, the cat, I don't know.

I said something in chat, she heard me and came to investigate.

I said to Nate "Tell her it's okay I'm a Mom myself in real life. You're safe."

Wrong Thing To Say.

The you know what hit the fan.

I got called a perv and a few other unpleasant things. It's been some years ago now and I'm still not fully recovered from that.

It ended with her leaving to continue cursing at something or someone else in the background again, and me not being too happy with in game voice chat.

So if we do get in game voice chat, remember, WARN your mom ahead of time that she might hear female voices coming from your room!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people that play UO are married with kids..or older. I think we should warn our wives lol

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm over estimating the financial demographics of the game, but doesn't anybody wear headphones/mic while on a voice chat??

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walmart headset with space suit helmet mic attached thank you kindly

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe I'm over estimating the financial demographics of the game, but doesn't anybody wear headphones/mic while on a voice chat??
I hate headphones they hurt my tender elven ears.... however I do use speakers and a mic when I talk in Vent. I would love an IN-Game Voice chat. Though it would need to have channels and guilds ought to be able to get their own channels with Guildleaders being able to appoint mods for their chat. As well as alliance chat channels. Would be super awesome.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would love to be able to annoy people with bodily noises.
Well then you should play in the EC with Pinco's... I think Pinco had a sound file thing that did burping, farting and such which was mildly amusing.