• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] New Holiday Gift Boxes

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone seen any rare colors of these yet? Some have popped with a different pattern than usual. Please post or list any rare colors you have seen so far.

Charels

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you mention the year I can give you a better answer. I collect all gift boxes of all shapes and styles. Feel free to PM me

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Post made me laugh sorry.

Hard to say what's rare yet we JUST got them.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some. To many toons to go through right now. Hope this helps and gives you an idea :)

zxcvb.JPG

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
At midnight tonight they got turned on.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At midnight tonight they got turned on.
Ohh, well that makes sense. I am in MTN time zone, so would be after midnight on east coast. Thought I read on UO.com that patch was installed last week. Hmm. Well some funky looking boxes this year.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I posted this on the other thread, but just for coverage...

This is what I got when going through my acc.

The red numbers is the hue of the box.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Friend got these; hue 3 on the left, abyssal on the right.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dear do we really need 120 + colours lolz... ...really hoped they had stuck with the olde retro 13 colours....give us something to make a set....aka the bells and statue busts etc...ill keep suggesting and so forth.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
oh dear do we really need 120 + colours lolz... ...really hoped they had stuck with the olde retro 13 colours....give us something to make a set....aka the bells and statue busts etc...ill keep suggesting and so forth.
I've not tested it yet; are the boxes with hues under 1000 dyable with any of the tubs? If they are, it becomes just 9 colors to collect - 8 rares ones and 1 that can be whatever color you want to dye it.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not tested it yet; are the boxes with hues under 1000 dyable with any of the tubs? If they are, it becomes just 9 colors to collect - 8 rares ones and 1 that can be whatever color you want to dye it.
None of the boxes are dyable, just checked on it.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OK, I'm confused. I logged into 5 of my characters. All were supposedly given gift boxes. All had the holiday gift text on the screen as I logged in, yet only 2 of my 5 toons have boxes in their packs. More interesting is that I now have an empty backpack on one of my toons PPD's, yet it weighs 4 stones (like there is an imaginary gift box in his pack)...

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You got the invisible one, Scott!
But to be serious, that's odd and unfortunate. You can have the regular, not special colored ones I got.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I'm confused. I logged into 5 of my characters. All were supposedly given gift boxes. All had the holiday gift text on the screen as I logged in, yet only 2 of my 5 toons have boxes in their packs. More interesting is that I now have an empty backpack on one of my toons PPD's, yet it weighs 4 stones (like there is an imaginary gift box in his pack)...
Make sure your client is patched up. Recently i have had the problem when opening another window via client.exe, i dont see new content on that screen. No idea why. But i noticed today that when using it, I do not see the new style boxes.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Make sure your client is patched up. Recently i have had the problem when opening another window via client.exe, i dont see new content on that screen. No idea why. But i noticed today that when using it, I do not see the new style boxes.
That was it - updated client and there they were! Ty kind sir...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
We don't have "toons" in UO. That's where your problem comes from.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do i need the 3d client to do color hues?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We don't have "toons" in UO. That's where your problem comes from.
Toons, Chars, - It's all the same... Pixels that make up a player's Modus Operandi on screen... Least I know my pixels are prettier than your pixels (Gang Sign Inserted Here)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are we going to assume that the Blaze, Glacial, and Ice colors on the square gift boxes are the rare one's again?

I've not seen any circular or rectangular boxes that look rare thus far.

Side Note/ P.S. - Buying red color 32 boxes on ATL pictured in @Peekay 's photo above.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Those are what I received on atl... Not sure what the bottom right one is in the second picture, but it sure is pretty!

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
OOOH! Pretties! *gang sign*
All my spiffy looking boxes are on shards I never play... ;(

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
OOOH! Pretties! *gang sign*
All my spiffy looking boxes are on shards I never play... ;(
Someone (Brianfreud usually, no pressure Brian) usually does a world tour box transfer towards the end of the month

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok this is how this works IMO:

1. The current hues are more or less the same as the one photo shown by Nails and previous ones and some Tye-dyed combos.
2. It's the patterns that's making them stand out.
3. Because black and white have the most contrast they appear to be the more rare and desirable but quantity wise i don't think they are anymore rare than the others.
4. There are 3 designs (I am only speaking about the new box designs)
a. regular bow
b. large bow
c. cross-shaped bow
5. so all these hues are possible and in equal chance and each hue has 3 possible bow types.

Now prove me wrong :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Are we going to assume that the Blaze, Glacial, and Ice colors on the square gift boxes are the rare one's again?

I've not seen any circular or rectangular boxes that look rare thus far.

Side Note/ P.S. - Buying red color 32 boxes on ATL pictured in @Peekay 's photo above.
I got one of the blue/white rare ones in a rectangle this year. Still 2200 or so chars to check, but I've been getting almost more of the new boxes than the older types.

@Manticore, my experience last year was that I got 2 abyssal, and none of the white/blue. For the other 6 rare colors, I had at least 10 of each. I heard similar reports from all the folks I trade with, though most of those who got either of them got white/blue, not abyssal. If the colors keep the same rarity as last year, I'd put it at something like 5% chance of a rare color, 0.5% of white/blue, and 0.1% chance of abyssal...

Also... has anyone checked to see if the ones with hues under 1000 can be dyed?

Last edited:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one of the blue/white rare ones in a rectangle this year. Still 2200 or so chars to check, but I've been getting almost more of the new boxes than the older types.

@Manticore, my experience last year was that I got 2 abyssal, and none of the white/blue. For the other 6 rare colors, I had at least 10 of each. I heard similar reports from all the folks I trade with, though most of those who got either of them got white/blue, not abyssal. If the colors keep the same rarity as last year, I'd put it at something like 5% chance of a rare color, 0.5% of white/blue, and 0.1% chance of abyssal...

Also... has anyone checked to see if the ones with hues under 1000 can be dyed?
They can not be dyed, I tried couple days ago.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok this is how this works IMO:

1. The current hues are more or less the same as the one photo shown by Nails and previous ones and some Tye-dyed combos.
2. It's the patterns that's making them stand out.
3. Because black and white have the most contrast they appear to be the more rare and desirable but quantity wise i don't think they are anymore rare than the others.
4. There are 3 designs (I am only speaking about the new box designs)
a. regular bow
b. large bow
c. cross-shaped bow
5. so all these hues are possible and in equal chance and each hue has 3 possible bow types.

Now prove me wrong :)

Mesanna recently posted on Uhall that thier are 8 rare hues this year, OK you are wrong :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so in other words there are 24 rare boxes this year, 8 hues and 3 designs.

Can someone post the 8 colors?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
so in other words there are 24 rare boxes this year, 8 hues and 3 designs.

Can someone post the 8 colors?
The ones that Mesanna has identified so far correspond to the rare colors from last year - see Nail's post further up (post #10)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 additional rares graphics...

The old boxes still spawn this year in the "rare" colors too so 24 new rare boxes + 40 old rare boxes for a total of 64 boxes?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im only counting the abysal, and maybe the voidish one as rare. other ones all look the same to me :)