• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New High End Pets?

C

canary

Yes but if you notice my proposal doesn't affect your need for challenge: nothing will prevent you from using a greater dragon or a cu sidhe or a pack of ostards or anything else.

I'll have my buffed paragon greater dragon, you'll have your squirrel and we both will be happy.
*sighs*

There is a difference between reading and understanding.

Gathering from your responses to mine and others on this thread, it appears you are very good at reading... but incredibly horrible at understanding.

Pretty much everyone here disagrees with you that a creature more powerful than a GD should be put in game. And they have even laid out the reasons why it would be poor to implement. Just because you personally want it doesn't infer that, as a whole, it would be beneficial to the game. It essentially would allow any tamer to solo pretty much any situation, whether it be PvP or PvM. There would be no need in game to have anything besides an 'all kill' command at the ready. It would be extremely unbalancing (instead of somewhat imbalancing, as it is now)... you know, that thing you have brought up repeatedly about other templates?

You can choose to hold onto hope one day it will happen, though... but you might be waiting a long, long, long time.

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really liked the I idea on variation for Greater Dragons. Changing so that the different colors have different attack and resists but otherwise being equal in strength is just what the doctor ordered. Half the fun in a tamer is finding the perfect pet for the situation, like the perfect slayer weapon. This, in my opinion will bring back taming without buffing or nerfing a thing. Some color, switch some resist attack stats and walah.

I would like to add something in for tamers that would be nice and would increase TEAMWORK. Have more Pack instinct beasts and possibly "friend" species that get boosts from working together. Then enable animals in the same party to be able to utilize the "pack" instinct. This will create parties with variations of smaller slotted animals to work together rather than only using the Greaters. Just throwing it out there. :coco: