• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New here..

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my bad english, this is not my first language.

I'm new here in OSI (a started my account 4 days ago) and I choose Lake Superior because it's the shard with the best ping to me.
I've played UO a few years ago in free servers (emulators), so almost everything in the game is new to me.
Well, I've a few questions...
1. What's the CAP (maximun value) of FC, FCR, SDI, DI, etc etc.., that CAP is different for PVP or PVM? I don't find any page on stratics that clarify that.
2. What's the best shard/server for PVP?
3. Where can I get a "talisman" people use? (sorry, I know this is a newb question)
4. Is there any spanish-spoken people here?
5. PVP players use UOAssist? any other tool? only UO macros?
6. What is the best/easy way to get a lot a gold? doing PVM? selling items to vendors? to players? or any other?
7. I want to upgrade to Mondains Legacy but gametimecodes.com says that my account must be older than one month. Is that true? I have to wait a month to create a elven character? :thumbdown:

Thanks for reading, and thanks for those ppl than will answer me :)

ps: thanks to "Roland" (in-game character) for giving to me a LRC 100% on my 1st hour online.

Cheers.

I

Infiniti

Welcome to the boards and to Lake Superior. I hope you enjoy both. Sorry I can't answer your questions but I don't pvp. I'm sure you will get lots of help on here though. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my bad english, this is not my first language.
Guarantee your English is better than my Spanish. :)

1. What's the CAP (maximun value) of FC, FCR, SDI, DI, etc etc.., that CAP is different for PVP or PVM? I don't find any page on stratics that clarify that.
Here is a link to the item properties page here. Some of it is out of date a bit and I'm not sure on which ones for certain or how much out of date they are but it will at least give you a starting point.
2. What's the best shard/server for PVP?
No idea on this one really, as I am a transplant from Catskills and haven't really even gotten a start on PvP here on LS as of yet.
3. Where can I get a "talisman" people use? (sorry, I know this is a newb question)
This would depend on which one your wanting to use. Some can be attained by completing quests in Heartwood and/or NPCs around Britannia, others can be attained through the community collections thing at the Britain Library, while still others can be attained as loot from some of the higher level ML creatures.
4. Is there any spanish-spoken people here?
I can curse a bit in Spanish (my wife is Mexican, so I hear those words a lot...lol).
5. PVP players use UOAssist? any other tool? only UO macros?
When I was doing on Catskills, all I used were in game macros and some on Assist. Not really sure these days, but from threads on UHall and other places (not to mention screenshots on other boards) alot of people are using illegal third party programs which can get you eventually banned from the game.
6. What is the best/easy way to get a lot a gold? doing PVM? selling items to vendors? to players? or any other?
I do a little of both hunting and run vendors out of my library. I'm not rich by any means and can't afford any of the top gear in the game or the extreme rares, but I'm existing quite comfortably.
7. I want to upgrade to Mondains Legacy but gametimecodes.com says that my account must be older than one month. Is that true? I have to wait a month to create a elven character? :thumbdown:
Not really sure on this as I can never even get that damned site to even let me in to order anything for some reason (says my accounts don't exist) but you might try checking some of the brokers sites. You can usually find the code cheaper through one of them than through uogamecodes.com.

Welcome to the shard and if you need anything, let me know.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome.

I'll take a stab at answering your questions tomorrow.....Tired tonight. And your questions involve thinking!

*chuckles*

Or at least remembering coherently.

-Galen's player

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the welcome! :)

Desperado_SE thanks for your answers but I don't see any link on your answer #1
On #7, you are right the site it's uogamecodes.com and they say I must wait a month to Upgrade :mad: