• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New heads?

W

Wolfways

I have three questions about the heads you can choose during character creation. As i assume they must be for rp purposes...

1) Will old characters be given the option of choosing a new head?

2) Since orcs are so much more...beefy now, what is the point in giving players the choice of an orc head? We can't change our body size!

3) Why can't i play a ratman?! :cursing:

:p

W

Wolfways

Characters that were created before the other races heads were introduced.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can already change faces and bodys on the NPC Bodysculpture in towns. It worked for old characters in KR so it will work with SA client too.

W

Wolfways

You can already change faces and bodys on the NPC Bodysculpture in towns. It worked for old characters in KR so it will work with SA client too.
Bodysculpture? I've never heard of that? Why does noone tell me anything? :twak:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bodysculpture? I've never heard of that? Why does noone tell me anything? :twak:

Yup it worked with SA client. You find them often near Mage shop or alchemist shops. There is one in Luna in the mage shop. :)

W

Wolfways

I just went to Brit and had a look, checked the alchemist shop first as i thought they'd be around the hairstylists :p

Nice that it's free, not that i would've minded paying prices similar to hair changes, but contrary to their title they do not change your body :(

And i still want to play a ratman! C'mon EA, haven't you seen the amount of Skaven fans asking for playable skaven in WAR?
We love our ratties! :D

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can change there faces and bodies to Skeletons or Meer or Vampires or Pirates. And several different ones.

W

Wolfways

I can change there faces and bodies to Skeletons or Meer or Vampires or Pirates. And several different ones.
Oh, i never got naked. As there's only the change face option i never thought of stripping.

*recalls back to Brit*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The meer, savage and pirate ones are one of my favorites. :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish they'd add the various faces and elderly skins to the NPC spawning options so random NPCs would get them.. same goes for the Native one on Savages, the Pirate one on Pirates, and so on as necessary. Make Inu look like a Crone already, I say. That and I wish they'd take a look at the jawlines and such again so they can make the shading match for the basic faces..

W

Wolfways

I like the tattoos on the Papua one, but when i used savage paint they vanished and i was completely white...except on the paperdoll where nothing changed.

F

Fink

"Hell Yes" to Ratmen, preferably with the Classic look (Ratmen are one of the few mobiles I felt was better as it was rather than the updated look. Another one was skittering hoppers; when did undead bunnies suddenly become locusts?)

I wish they'd take a look at the jawlines and such again so they can make the shading match for the basic faces..
And the foreheads, try using about any of the custom looks with a bald female. Head looks like someone's thumb with a squashed penny stuck on it.

Also, allow vamp form pallor to show on the pirate paperdoll. Undead pirates, please.

W

Wolfways

"Hell Yes" to Ratmen, preferably with the Classic look (Ratmen are one of the few mobiles I felt was better as it was rather than the updated look. Another one was skittering hoppers; when did undead bunnies suddenly become locusts?)QUOTE]

2D ratmen stood upright too much.
3D ratmen...Steve Buscemi...enough said.
SA ratmen are near enough perfect.

I'd love a ratman expansion! (with playable ratmen)
Ultima online:Vermin Horde.
The rats emerge from their tunnels, taking over Sosaria one sewer at a time :please:

:D

Locusts splat really well!

T

Trebr Drab

My biggest concern here is the immersion break when we have undead and other traditional enemies at the banks and elsewhere. I think offering races is good, but I think it should be done with much more depth.

And Ratmen would be very cool! As would Lizardmen.

W

Wolfways

My biggest concern here is the immersion break when we have undead and other traditional enemies at the banks and elsewhere. I think offering races is good, but I think it should be done with much more depth.

And Ratmen would be very cool! As would Lizardmen.
Well you know there'll be undead, orcs, vampires, etc. using the towns anyway, but let's face it, the only time there's real immersion is when you're around roleplayers (IMO).
UO needs rp guilds like Shadowclan orcs back.
I'd like to see a rule-enforced rp server...but that'll never happen.

My wife and i used to use the UOassist function that let you change your character to any of a huge list of creatures (only visible to yourself) and rp'd with each other.

T

Trebr Drab

I love roleplay, and I thought the Shadow Clan Orcs were great. They made it happen even without reinforcement from the game. The problem is immersion and cohesiveness of the game fantasy is ruined when players can take something and basically change the fiction by "being" something that doesn't adhere to the game's true fiction.

The developers can allow for it by actually making the races, giving them meaning (i.e. NPC merchants and banks don't function for them in the human cities, guards give them warnings and "watch" them inside the human cities, different tamables, etc.).

There also needs to be some fiction to allow for the mingling of the races. Maybe Juo'Nar's black necklace is found and used by a more neutral persona to cause the neutral undead to be risen, and a city for them created at the spot of said "resurrection". The Juka and Meer need to come to an alliance with the humans and elves, at least towards a neutral stance.

What would be great would be for new races to "own" dungeons or parts of them, in a sense. Ratmen owning part of Ice Dungeon, with an entrance to a new underground city for them. Lizardmen owning the top level of Despise, with an entrance to a new city for them. And an automatic membership in Minax's faction for them while in Fel (not sure of the complete ramifications of that idea.)

W

Wolfways

There also needs to be some fiction to allow for the mingling of the races. Maybe Juo'Nar's black necklace is found and used by a more neutral persona to cause the neutral undead to be risen, and a city for them created at the spot of said "resurrection". The Juka and Meer need to come to an alliance with the humans and elves, at least towards a neutral stance.
I don't see a need for races to be neutral. Personally i'd prefer if races were KOS by guards in cities where they were hated...aslong as they had somewhere to go for shops, banks, etc.
Being able to create housing in the styles of the races would be good too...which of course would decrease the sense of immersion if they were built anywhere, although with players already being able to use house tiles from any area the immersion doesn't exist anyway...for me at least.
But tbh UO is the one game i have felt the least immersion in. I've never felt the urge to read up on UO's background like i have with some other mmo's. No idea why.