• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New "gifting" game - are you playing?

• Thread starter imported_Phoenix_Rising
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mameloot

I was planning on purchasing a second account this weekend.
If I were to do this today instead, is there any chance of my first sim in the new account still getting cards?
Or is it to late to get cards until next weeks round?

Thanks,
mame

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Of four accounts, I have one that can see both the cards, another than can see one of the cards, the other is purple and the other two accounts, both cards are purple.

G

This is what Gracie told me to do, I had a card that was doing the same thing as yours, and after I cleared my cache, I could see it. I hope this works for you too.

Clear your custom content cache

located at

Program files/Electronic Arts/EA Land/TSOClient/userdata/custom content cache/objects/ea land

or

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects (note: do not delete your TC3 folder)

Once cache files are deleted, you must restart game.

btw...I just traded my last set of cards!! Woohoo!

L

Layla-Playmate

I have card 10 and card 3, if anyone wants to trade. Even if you just need 10 and don't have 3 or vice versa let me know and I will still take the one you don't need. Look for me in game

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I was about to ask the same thing. I don't have a home but would love to play the Lava Game. What would we do in that case?

[/ QUOTE ]

You still get the cards even is your homeless. They stay in your inventory and you still get credit if they are matching cards. ANd I am definately playing!

G

I have some sims with full inventries, that said if i traded all my cards from my other sims to one sim and placed say 4 sets of matching cards on the lot will that 1 sim get 4 red cards of completion?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I have some sims with full inventries, that said if i traded all my cards from my other sims to one sim and placed say 4 sets of matching cards on the lot will that 1 sim get 4 red cards of completion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect this to be true since it stated we can buy and trade the cards. Even free accounts can try to buy cards from others. I would hope they have this set up to deliver certificiates to anyone for every match they own.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I have cards 8, 12 and 7. IM me in game... Aeliza

[/ QUOTE ]

There are cards listed in the CLASSIFIEDS -- Swap meet/garage sale section of these forums. You may want to list your cards there. I suggest putting the cards you have in the heading of a new post, so people can scan the headers faster. Good luck!

G

I put my card #'s in my bio- Someone with the exact cards as me IM'd me to trade within 5 minutes of landing on the first lot I went to today! Quick, simple, and I met a new firiend!

G

I want to play!

I made a big mistake. I was so happy to finally arrive in EA-Land. I took the cards out of my inventory, and now I can't take them back in without deleting a bunch of crafted stuff or rares.

I feel like a newbie! haha! And I didn't even look at what their numbers were. :O

I

imported_DutchAmerica

*confused*

Do we just need one matching pair to put out or more?

I'm confused because I keep reading I am missing this card or that....

I looked at my cards this morning but they don't have #'s on them but I do now have 1 pair that matches.

G

I finally got to see my cards last night, where are you guys seeing card numbers? I need to trade!

G

If you put your cursor thingy over the card in inventory, it will show a little pop-up box that says card 5 or whatever... Good luck!

G

Wow...I just checked again. Yesterday, a mouse over, gave the card number....today it does not!

Guess the only thing to do it compare your card to these on the Blog link

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow...I just checked again. Yesterday, a mouse over, gave the card number....today it does not!

Guess the only thing to do it compare your card to these on the Blog link

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anybody else see your numbers? It may sounds like an odd question but last night somebody couldn't see their numbers, but anybody else who clicked on the object to see the description could.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I can't see any of my numbers today. Glad I found matches before they took numbers away. Must be harder to trade now

G

Ok according to the chart then I guess I have 2 and 8 anyone have those?

G

I think I have 2 and possibly 5, but I'm stuck in updater hell so I can't get in to check. I also have one that I couldn't see yesterday, can't wait to find out what it is.

Polly

G

I have a 2 and 6 on one sim and 3 and 14 (or whatever the last one is lol). Polly let me know when you get in you can have my 2.

D

Dogsoffour

Is there any advantage to having 2 matches on your sim?

Will all sims be recieving lava lamps, or just the oldest?

What if I buy an extra pair and put in on a non-oldest sim, then would they get a lava lamp?

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

What if I buy an extra pair and put in on a non-oldest sim, then would they get a lava lamp?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering the same thing!

G

I have card 8 and card 4 - if anyone needs a trade, please feel free to contact me.
I'm 'Carol' in EA Land.

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they don't have to be put on the oldest sim. It is getting confusing which one will be my oldest as merges roll through.
I just have the cards on the sims they were given to.

G

I've got 11 &amp; 12 on one sim and 5 &amp; 6 on another

Find me in the game: CaseyCaitlin &amp; Casey Caitlin

N

Neffyh

My oldest sim on Ealand got hers yesterday and I have already traded and got my pair..but im concerned also that when the merges keep moving on and my AV sim gets here she will be my oldest but at the moment my IH sim is the oldest will they just give my AV sim the certificates that i have collected up until then or will I just have a two lava lambs at the end of all of this that wont be fullly colored?

R

ryotgrrl13

woohoo for all you that got a match...but i didnt lol..i have 8 n 6....find me if ya can trade!

V

vapd3317

Neffy and Niki. I don't believe that merging sims will be getting the cards. They are designed for EAland founders and should be going to the oldest sim on the account that is currently residing in EAland. Not those yet to move there. I may be wrong, But that is how I understood the game description.

G

I have cards 8 and 9... find me in game if you can trade!
TootieChickenShorts

EDIT: I have found a match!

N

Neffyh

TY Rapd for the info...I just wasnt sure since my IH sim is the one who got the cards no my sim I made for EALand. I hope that is how it will be ty again.

G

That's how I understood it too. Its for the EA Land founders who hopped in there when it opened. Not sure what the deadline is/was though.

G

As I read this, it is a series of puzzles.....over several weeks. Each a color, and the more puzzles you solve, the more colorful your lamp will be. If you solve none of them, then the lamp is white. And we do seem to be talking about one lamp per account.

From the blog:

"You have until Wednesday to solve the red puzzle.

On Wednesday, we will briefly take EA-Land offline and remove all game piece picsicles in preparation for next week’s puzzle.

In the next few weeks, several more colorful puzzles will be played. Each one will get progressively harder. The winners at the end will receive a rare Founder lava lamp!

Each lava lamp will then forever display the different colors of the puzzle you solved.

If you solve no puzzle, you will get a white lamp, if you solve all puzzles, your lava lamp will show the colors of the different puzzles you’ve solved."

If the puzzle pieces are going to be handed out each week, and we continue to have our old sims merged, then it would seem to be a possiblity that a different sim may get next puzzle.

Or.....they could continue to hand them out to the ones they did before.

I

imported_Spacey

Have no fear if you haven't matched your cards. I have a friend who has not yet matched her cards. She doesn't post in Stratics so I am relaying the message. I will post in swaps once she tells me the numbers.

G

I have cards 5 + 7. Sims name is HeHe. Will be on about 715am est. Come find me!

D

Dogsoffour

I posted a question in city hall and on the blog hoping to get an answer from a Dev or someone who knows for sure.

<blockquote><hr>

Trying hard to get this question answered by someone who knows for sure:

[/ QUOTE ]

The question I asked was quickly locked and I was told to post it in here.

It has now been 3 days since I asked and 2 days from the end of the red card event, and this thread is kind of dying. I'm looking for an answer to the question or if someone could me some advice to how to get an official answer. Do I need to IM a dev in-game?

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

Info about the game can be found here.

Will you be playing at all? Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

any one that is is not palying is NUTS Phoenix_Rising lol
btw i still have 3 cards that i can trade with, same name in EALand

G

If you get a chance can you stop in the town hall and ask for us Dogs?

M

MrMiagi

How can you find out what number your cards are? I need to finish this today...

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

Click here to see pictures of all the pairs. They took the numbers off them in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link! now out of those, which two are the considered rare? anyone know?

M

MrMiagi

I have cards 1 and 9, anyone want to trade or sell me their 1 or 9's? I will pay 5k for a 1 or 9. Contact Ceri M ingame.

J

JRock

Does it matter how many cards we have? We all just get one lava lamp per account, right?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

U get one standard white (no color changes) lamp if you do not match any of the cards so far their have only been red cards the rest will come in the following weeks.

Your lamp will display colors based on the card color u have matched and I believe if you match all of them, it will have rainbow colors (according to parizad on the blog).

So yeah you will get a lamp but it will just be white if you don't solve them.

M

MrMiagi

Stil got cards 7 and 4 left to trade. Contact Ceri M ingame. Infact I am going to bed now but i'll check back in about 6-7 hours, reply here or mail me ingame if you want to trade with me before the next downtime starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.