• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New "gifting" game - are you playing?

• Thread starter imported_Phoenix_Rising
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neffyh

Hello I have a 7 and a 5 if anyone wants to trade. and I also have no where to live...dont need a long term home just would really love to play this game
Im Neffy if anyone is interested. thanks <font color="purple"> </font>

J

Justina0618

I also didn't receive cards and my sims are the same age as my friends. I will try to wait for this morning's maintenance and see if they are there.

M

Monkeybear

Ive cleared my cache and hopfully can see my cards after maint, I was told I have a pair already.

Are we allowed to have more than 1 pair on a sim? To get more than 1 lamp

I

Inge Jones

I don't think you get an extra lamp, it just gets more colours on it.

I

Inge Jones

Neffy I went to log in and send you a roomie invite but it's all down for maintenance lol!

G

umm yes Dane1980, MANY of us show only the purple/blue face on the sign with the large words NOT APPROVED. Did anyone at EA games remember that many many of us can not see half of the CC??? and PLEASE don't tell me to land and re-land. This has been going on for over a WEEK, thru maintainance, whatever and now reading posts here am seeing it is a common occurance!

I would love to play this game, It's a good idea however you needed to make sure it was a game we ALL could easily participate in and correct the CC showing as not approved when clearly it is approved. How could you be so unaware that this happens for SO MANY PEOPLE!

G

just a thought, but for those of you not able to play much, why not sell your game piece to a store who can then set it out for sale to a sim needing that particular piece? It would help out someone else for this round, and maybe help you out in a future round. (and you could probably make a few extra simoleans)

I would be willing to set out YOUR piece at our store to help facilitate any matches, as a free exchage as well. That way you could have the pieces for sale OR simply for trading, but I would broker them for you at one central place. (and yes, one puter i own does show the CC, well usually it does anyway, so I CAN see them for the most part, lol) also I rarely play afk so can be there to make the trades for you.
Suz Anne at AAA Store For You

N

Neffyh

Inge Jones thank you so much Ill be on when the game gets back up so hopefully you can find me...thank you again for the offer.

I

Inge Jones

Ok I sent your invite (as Deirdre Singh). You should get it when you log in.

J

Justina0618

ok I am officially sad, where do I need to complain that I didn't get my game pieces?

G

I have a 5 and 7 on one account.

The other one has two matching pieces that say not approved. They match. Does that count? LOL.

J

Justina0618

Ok either I smoke crack or I didn't understand the rules of the game.

It was on my sim that just moved from IH, not the sim I made 1st in EA Land.

Sheesh ty for letting me vent

I

imported_MattelMichele

I will happily open up my home to the homeless, in EA-land in am MicheleMMM, and own the lot Displaced Founders, i have 7 slots open for any displaced founders out there

G

The Stratics Swap Meet would be an excellent place to arrange trades of cards.

I'm going to go see what my red cards are and place an ad about it :p

I

imported_MattelMichele

I have #7 &amp; #5

Sim name: MicheleMMM of EA-land

N

Neffyh

Thank you MicheleMMM we now have our matches
and Thank you Deirdre Singh for making me a roomie I have my game pieces out on the lot

I

Inge Jones

You can have my 9 if you like. I am online now, come and find Deirdre Singh

G

What a great idea ! I think its wonderful to bring community together!:)
On question though..I have been reading and perhaps I am blind and my coffee hasen't kicked in yet, but I too have seen cards that are purple and "not yet Verified" Does anyone know how to solve this?.. Also i would just like to add..if anyone needs a beach property...Im me..I know of a few that are less then going rate right now:) would love to help anyone. <font color="blue"> </font>

G

WOOO RAINBOW LAVA LAMP! Now only if my school didn't stink I could connect and play

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I have a 5 and 7 on one account.

The other one has two matching pieces that say not approved. They match. Does that count? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend has 2 not approved too. I was also wondering it that counts.

A

ayla02

If anyone has an 11 and needs a 5 I would be willing to trade since I hope to have my 11 returned to me.

G

ok silly question I know.. but how do you know they match? Mine are purple and I cant even see an image

I

imported_rpsky3

ok, i know i seen this one someplace, but my cards are disappearing from my inventory. one card is gone now.

also, i can not trade them because my inventories are full on my sims and have no home. what do i do?

G

Can anyone repost the pictures from the blog to here? There are a few people who can't access the blog. Thanks to rizzo and aster I can read it but I can't view picture links and stuff like that

A

ayla02

<blockquote><hr>

ok, i know i seen this one someplace, but my cards are disappearing from my inventory. one card is gone now.

also, i can not trade them because my inventories are full on my sims and have no home. what do i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to do but post about it (I did) Hope and wait. ;(

G

here is the picture of the matching cards.....

but if your like some of us.. your card is purple and says "this object is not approved"
I have 2 cards that way on my 2nd account and a friend of mine is the same way.. his cards are purple. Hopefully this will be fixed.

I

imported_CherryBomb

They should not have locked the new post. My cards disappeared, too. If anyone gets cards, SET THEM ON YOUR LOT ASAP. They do not stick in inventory very well, apparently.

CherryBomb

G

I kinda like those purplish cards. Can we keep those and match?

(I have a feeling this is like asking for cream bear suits for males...lol)

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

They should not have locked the new post. My cards disappeared, too. If anyone gets cards, SET THEM ON YOUR LOT ASAP. They do not stick in inventory very well, apparently.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. They never should have closed it. I do not have a lot to place my cards out. so i guess i am just out of luck, screwed like the way they do all the time that they are famous for. I sure have had lots of trouble with this game the past week or so. just disappointing.

N

Neffyh

Do we only need one pair? thats how I was reading it but in the lot im in now someone said you need to sets of pairs. I only have one pair on my lot i traded the other. <font color="purple"> </font>

G

Didn't receive any game pieces.

To resolve the purple/blue/green issue, empty your cc cache folder.

Z

Zinzi

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like my 4 cc paintings disappeared from my inventory... is someone going to do something about this? I also lost some expensive cc statues from inventory. I am getting a bit peed off - it all costs money and I don't have a lot of that. If you have an inventory, things you keep in it should be safe.

K

Kiwi Lover

Mine was there then tso crashed on me like it does then i came back and one of the cards is mia. Am i suppose to bribe someone for the second one now? bribing all people 2000 for a number 6 card

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and this can be found?

I

imported_Dane1980

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and this can be found?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question exactly.

G

The issue with the blue/purple non-approved cards seems to directly related to individual cards, not anything to do with the computer or cc cache.

I have two 'normal' cards, but the cards on my son's account are both buggy ones as seen from either his computer or mine. I have restarted several times, and even traded them back and forth, but the same 2 cards stubbornly remain non-approved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the lava lamp goes into our inventory right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably, but there's no rush to clear a space, the game has several weeks to run yet.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

The issue with the blue/purple non-approved cards seems to directly related to individual cards, not anything to do with the computer or cc cache.

I have two 'normal' cards, but the cards on my son's account are both buggy ones as seen from either his computer or mine. I have restarted several times, and even traded them back and forth, but the same 2 cards stubbornly remain non-approved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was unable to see my cards in my inventory after I cleared my cache. However, once I set the blue/purple cards on my lot, then cleared cache, restarted game and then loaded house.....upon landing the cards finally loaded properly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone elses sign show a purple/blue/green background and say it hasn't been approved?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got several of those as well on my multi's accounts. Hoping they will turn into a real card soon. :p

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm playing.
We been waiting for them to add fun, well they are...
So I'll be participating. I hope I complete it too because I love having stuff! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and this can be found?

[/ QUOTE ]
Program files/Electronic Arts/EA Land/TSOClient/userdata/custom content cache/objects/ea land

Empty the cache (delete all files) re-start the game.

There could be as many as 6000 files in there - delete them all. (don't worry, you will get them back as you re-visit the various lots.)

G

In the comments section of the blog, Parizad and Sarah provided answers to some of the questions asked in this thread. We've stuck those answers up as a News post on Stratics for those who can't access the blog.

The News post that contains the comments can be viewed on the TSO EAL Stratics main page, http://sims.stratics.com, or by clicking here.

C

Catwoman1966

I have a 3 and a 5 if anyone has these and wants to do a trade, message me.

Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.