• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New "gifting" game - are you playing?

• Thread starter imported_Phoenix_Rising
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Info about the game can be found here.

Will you be playing at all? Discuss.

K

krazykara

Not sure if the Devs thought this one through. Not all founders have lots or can afford the current rates for lots.
Think the lava lamps are pretty cool, but seems to be pretty silly to play a game that not all founders can participate.

Will I be playing? Not sure. I don't log in much like I did this time last year. Have to be honest I have been logging in very seldom. Currently hooked on another game. However, to check out the game pieces I might have to break away and see if I have a match. If I don't no biggy.

I

imported_sullimix

Sounds fun I am in... but was also wondering about homeless sims and how they will be able to put out the matching pices!

D

Dogsoffour

Yep! This sounds fun. Are some designs rarer than others I wonder?

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure if the Devs thought this one through. Not all founders have lots or can afford the current rates for lots.
Think the lava lamps are pretty cool, but seems to be pretty silly to play a game that not all founders can participate.

Will I be playing? Not sure. I don't log in much like I did this time last year. Have to be honest I have been logging in very seldom. Currently hooked on another game. However, to check out the game pieces I might have to break away and see if I have a match. If I don't no biggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a roomie, that works too. You don't necessarily have to own your own lot. (from my understanding)

I will be playing! It sounds fun, and it is a win/win. If you can't complete every obstacle, you still get a lava lamp...maybe not as colorful... but still! TY EA team for coming up with mini games! Love the idea!

G

I am currently homeless. :/ Do you guys think anyone would let me jump onto their lot for the time being to play the game?

G

I was about to ask the same thing. I don't have a home but would love to play the Lava Game. What would we do in that case?

I

imported_CherryBomb

I would be glad to, schnozz, but my lot is in what used to be IH, and I am not certain that counts yet.

CherryBomb

I

imported_sullimix

Schnozbrry and PeeBeeNJay I have a lot with a few spaces left for roomies your more than welcome to bunk with me while playing the game

Sarah Williams or Tina Mare' in game

G

Yeah your old IH lot would count because it is now part of EA-Land.

Ty sullimix for the offer. Might have to take you up on it!

I

imported_sullimix

Great always willing to help my fellow sims
IM in game anytime

L

legal1lpn

This is a very good point. What if you don't have a lot to place the pieces on? (cause you can't afford the land prices)... Does this mean you can only receive the plain lava lamp? Does not seem very fair to offer something to everyone and then only the richest sims will get the best the game has to offer...oh I forgot that is the way it's always been. Silly me for expecting more.

G

Copied from the blog comments:

<blockquote><hr>

Parizad said,

on February 27th, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Goldie said,

Pretty cool! Do we receive EALand Founder Badges as well? And is it possible for me to play on my Sim that is currently waiting to be merged? (In AV, if that helps)

We shut off the legacy cities last week. If the sims have not merged yet, then you can’t access them, right? This only pertains to sims in EA-Land.

I have a question, what if we are a homeless sim right now in EA Land?

How will we put out our pieces?

In the picture, we put the matching puzzle pieces out to show you what they looked like because it is bigger than the icons in inventory. You do not NEED to put the items out. You can keep them in inventory if you’d like.

[/ QUOTE ]

That said, I cant wait to play! What an awesome idea and gift! I must have a rainbow lamp, but maybe I'll keep a white one for one sim.

G

Well, under the condition the lamp and/or certificates are tradeable, those without homes can find a trusted person that DOES own a home to help them out.

If it weren't for my constantly changing schedule, I'd offer to help, but unfortunately I couldn't promise to get the picsicles placed on time.

[Edit: Didn't see ideas were already posted for this issue. I left this thread open before I left and forgot to refresh before adding my reply.
]

R

ryotgrrl13

i am totally gonna play. and i have a few open spots at my house if anyone needs in....and i have my cards if anyone wants to trade!

I

imported_Dane1980

Does anyone elses sign show a purple/blue/green background and say it hasn't been approved?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The page is blank for me *cries*

Gonna read the rest of the thread and see if anybody copied the text.

ETA: I didn't find the original text, just what Niki posted later on.....I am an original founder, however the account that I created is not a founder account, that is does not have the flag. This might seem like a stoopid question but are they talking EA Land founders or original beta founders? Maybe I just need sleep?

*waits to be 'LMAO you silly goose'd to death*

G

What they said was that those that are playing now are "Founders of Ea-Land".

http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=592 to read the blog.

Do any1 have a clue how many weeks this will be going on?

For example if they are doing it for 5 weeks do you have to get all 5 weeks to get the rainbow and could you only get 4 out of the 5?

R

ryotgrrl13

this is for ealand founders. if u are in the game log out to the select a sim screen and back in. u will get an email and the pieces. otherwise here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~from tso blog~~~~~~~~~~~~
When The Sims Online went live on December 17, 2002, everyone that had helped test the game was called a Founder. Because EA-Land is a new game, you guys, our awesome players are now considered Founders. (Yes, it is possible to be both an EA-Land and a TSO Founder.)

It is our extreme pleasure to present to you, our Founders, the Groovy Lava Game!

How It Works
Tomorrow during morning maintenance, we will put two random cards in the inventories of the oldest EA-Land Sim of every subscriber. To play, you will have to find, barter, trade, or buy an identical card. When you own 2 identical cards, put them on your lot. During the maintenance hour we will take them and give you a red certificate of completion in your inventory.

You have until Wednesday to solve the red puzzle.

On Wednesday, we will briefly take EA-Land offline and remove all game piece picsicles in preparation for next week’s puzzle.

In the next few weeks, several more colorful puzzles will be played. Each one will get progressively harder. The winners at the end will receive a rare Founder lava lamp!

Each lava lamp will then forever display the different colors of the puzzle you solved.

If you solve no puzzle, you will get a white lamp, if you solve all puzzles, your lava lamp will show the colors of the different puzzles you’ve solved. If you are good at it, it will flash through the rainbow!

Please Note Again: Each subscribing account will receive two random puzzle pieces on their oldest sim in EA-Land.

Although these random puzzle pieces are only put into the inventory of subscribing players, free players can also play, but they will not be given the 2 random puzzle pieces in their inventory.

You can play with all of your sims in EA-Land, but only the eldest sim in EA-Land per account will receive 2 puzzle pieces. Each sim can play as many times as they want.

G

Its possible to be both a TSO founder and an EA Land founder, subscribers who live in EA Land are elligible.

Your lamp will be how ever many colors of colored tiles you match over the course of the game.

You do not need to live on a lot to play.

G

I figured we could use Stratics as a means of finding trade partners! EA-Landers have already received their cards, so check your inventories and we can all compare and try to get matching cards.

Right now I have Card #9 and Card#2. Does anybody have a match they'd be willing to trade for the opposite card?

R

ryotgrrl13

oh oh i have 8 n 5

and i have someone with 5 n 12...lookin for someone with 12 n 8 possibly to make a 3 way match.

S

Sims2

So question if they are in our inventory can you still see them and verify we

have the pieces or no? i am a homeless sim right now if not i will get a lot or

move in somewhere just not sure and really no where this is not cleared up

rather the pieces have to be on a lot or not? thanks for your help

R

ryotgrrl13

from what i've read it can just be in your inventory. it does not have to be on a lot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have cards 2 and 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a tip in game about somebody with the right cards so that all three of us can have a set. If you're interested, PM me in game as Strike Black.

[Edit: This game is exciting!]

R

ryotgrrl13

did u try pullin them out? or loggin out to select a sim and back in?

G

<blockquote><hr>

When The Sims Online went live on December 17, 2002, everyone that had helped test the game was called a Founder. Because EA-Land is a new game, you guys, our awesome players are now considered Founders. (Yes, it is possible to be both an EA-Land and a TSO Founder.)

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Tomorrow during morning maintenance, we will put two random cards in the inventories of the oldest EA-Land Sim of every subscriber.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking for verification on behalf of free players who might not post, since this seemingly contradiction in phrases confused me, too. Are free players not considered founders of EA Land, and therefore cannot participate in the game? The first quote says 'awesome players' and the second 'subscriber'. I worry that this will cause hard feelings with the free players if they are indeed being left out of things like this. I think since TC3 is unlimited for them that they should be able to play this game there also, at the very least.

G

No now I can't. The propertySim still thinks i'm on the previous property. So I'm not going anywhere. As soon as I can i will try. TY.

R

ryotgrrl13

ok so i'm gettin ready to go to sleep. i have 8 and 5. send me a message if u have a match i'll be on soon as i wake up to check lol. sooooo addicted haha.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Idea, sounds fun - wtg

G

Have cards 3 and 8 here. Look up Cressy Chilton, or either of her 'sister' sims, Afton Chilton or Jaynae Chilton in game to do a swap.

V

vapd3317

Cressy,...look up Spoyld....I believe she has card #8...she just did a trade with me so should do one with anyone else.

M

Monkeybear

I have problems viewing CC picsicles they never load for me

G

<font color="purple">I have cards 6 &amp; 7, will be home after 3pm eastern. Didnt get to check my other acct yet. </font>

G

Who do we tell if one of our paying accounts did not receive cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.