• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] New Fisherwoman Template

Cuno

Adventurer
Hi guys. Would appreciate your thoughts on this template I'm working on. I'm basically converting my tamer to a fisher. I don't play my tamer much and I wanted to do a little more with her. So, here is how she looks right now:

Taming - 110
Lore - 110
Vet - 100
Magery - 100 (including +15 jewelry)
Spell weaving - 100
Meditation - 100 (including +15 jewelry)
Fishing - 95 presently and I plan on 120.

I think I will remove spellweaving and probably Vet. Any suggestions on how to complete this build? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Consider digging up one of those event +15 Magery spellbooks (ToT, or the Undead slayer from the Halloween events) for the character. When you're fishing, you won't need the extra +15, but may need it for dungeon fishing (and, if you do Scalis, there's better chances for a drop if a Fisher does it, and your pet might not be as useful as you would like). If your tamer's an elf, you might be able to work in the +10 Med leaf armor craftable.

I wouldn't remove Vet because it helps with stable slots, IIRC. And, noting sucks more than having to have someone else rez your pet if you have taming. You get blank stares and worse.

And, remember to rebuild your suit for the new role. I've got 3 characters (one a tamer) with over 800 skill points. In fact, my Tamer/Bard has 6x120 with gear PLUS 106 Magery. My fisher, on the other had, only has 720 skill, but is 6x120 as a Mage/Mystic/Fisher, and has a medable suit with all-70s, max INT/FC/FCR/LRC/LMC, close to 20 MR, 60+ SDI and a bunch of other useful bonuses - with a 0-resist Pendant of the Magi in the neck slot. And, that's without anything from the new loot system, just common event stuff, artis, martis and a couple of reforged items that most people would have recycled. I'm sure you can do better suit-wise if you put your mind to it, and it's amazing how much a part of the character the right suit can become. Most of that latter suit predates Kingdom Reborn, let alone Stygian Abyss or Eodon.

Cuno

Adventurer
Thanks Basara. Good idea on updating my suit. I usually wear a 2k luck suit (with statue) but I could probably add more skill points with some different pieces. I'll keep experimenting with the template and see how it goes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, luck really doesn't play a part in fishing, except for the boss fights, so you can always keep 2 suits - one for tamer adventuring, and one for day-to-day fishing.

And, I was slightly off on my fisher's template; I actually have one piece of skill bonus and 1 skill that only goes to 100:
It's usually
Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Mysticism 120/105 (+15 from Jewelry)
Focus 120
Fishing 120 (when I'm not fishing I can swap out on soulstones for 120 Resist)
Inscription 100
35 Meditation (just for the better chance to start meditation, as my suit is all med - I could put 15 into Mysticism, but I'd have 20 useless skill points since the character is human and all skills are treated as 20 when at 0)

Last edited:

NerdHawg

Adventurer
My fisher currently is as follows:
120 taming
120 lore
115 eval int
120 magery
100 meditation
120 fishing
While there is no definitive "fisher template" to be honest, it does help to have some sort of ranged attack (magery, bow, etc). The way I have mine I can fish yet still do other things productively. Hopefully that helps?

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My fisher template is:
120 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Hiding
95 Stealth (can go to 120 with items)
75 Chilvary

I have a lot of fun stealthing around in Dungeons to fish :)

Cuno

Adventurer
Nerd. I'm heading in a similar direction. How do u feel your build works out? Do u ever have any trouble?