• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Fey Slayer option

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am not sure how I missed this, but in the last publish, Fey Slayer is now on the super slayer imbue list.

Has anyone Imbued themselves up a new weapon and done a DH run? Not that he was difficult before, but is he just a total pushover now?

For sure, it'll make getting the keys easier, as killing the named changelings will be much, much easier.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Dreadhorn isn't fey slayer.
Went there with my paladin, a fey slayer sword and got my shapely butt handed to me.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It works against Lady Mel. But you will want to have resist spell for that fight. Otherwise it will end... poorly.
But yeah, 100% fire weapon with double strike + fey slayer + onslaught == lots of damage on Lady Mel.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If a Unicorn and Kirin are both fey, I fail to see why Dreadhorn isn't.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I tried a maul, a longsword and a magic bow, all imbued with fey slayer.
In no case there was extra damage from the slayer.

Everything points that he should be fey slayer, but isn't.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can confirm DH is not Fey. I don't think Shimmering is but not 100% sure. Like Bealank said, 100% fire weapon with onslaught and double strike takes down Lady Mel quite well. I've been using the other swords mastery on her as well to partly offset her hci penalty effect.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. I use a 100% Fire Double Axe with Fey Slayer/50% HSL/81% HML/50% HFA/50% DI on my Whammy when doing the Oaks spawn, farming Cu Sidhes, farming Faery Dust, or killing the Shadowlord at the Wreck of Ararat (he spawns lots of Dark Wisps). I don't use my Whammy for Lady Mel, because of the proximity debuff. Corpse Skin+Onslaught+Double Strikes with that axe, absolutely wrecks any Fey out there. I'll deliberately go negative Karma at the Oaks spawn, just to make it easier to gather up spawn so i can AoE them down with Whirlwind spam. Easy as hell with that Fey Slayer Double Axe.

I wonder if it works against travesty, lady mel or shimmering effusion
Travesty is vulnerable to Fey Slayer only when she's in Changeling Form, which is only for the first few seconds of the fight, before she transforms into you.

If a Unicorn and Kirin are both fey, I fail to see why Dreadhorn isn't.
Yeah, Dread Horn is a corrupted Unicorn, so he should be vulnerable to Fey Slayer, even though he isn't. Especially considering Lady Mel is a corrupted Dryad, and she is vulnerable to Fey Slayer.

Last edited: