• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Faction Items

S

Splatter666

Are th enew Faction Items Insureable?
When yes why???? u can BUY than for gold, the normal Arties are than worthless because every PvPler needs to go in faction because the items are so overpowered.

Pls make them not insureable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they are insurable. No they shouldn't make them non insurable. They should make them more expensive silver wise. 10k silver for tier 1 items, 20k silver for tier 2 items, etc.

The normal arties are not worthless, they are pretty much just as good as they were before the pub. The new arties don't raise the caps, they just allow you to have an assortment of addition mods. If you are a good pvper you will still be able to roll people with the items..

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo no, wouldn't want to make them uninsurable, because then people might *gasp* actually run the risk of losing something valuable. Can you comprehend anything so ridiculous?

L

Lord Patapon

Ooo no, wouldn't want to make them uninsurable, because then people might *gasp* actually run the risk of losing something valuable. Can you comprehend anything so ridiculous?
Yeah, been there, done that. :D

I don't know about insuring them or not, but the thing is, the durability is low on them, plus you gotta keep the rank to use those, plus they're hard to repair.

And for the 10k silver proposition for tier 1 ... I mean ... come on.
If this was created to brought people to faction, I think some of those new people who are not used to PvP (much) will never make it, even for one item.
(OR, all they gonna get is one artie every 4 months :D)
Tell a PvP newbie to gather 10k silver at 30 silver a kill... he'll be like " erm ok, I haven't got a single chance to make it."

If the durability thing is well calculated, it shouldn't be a problem, really; plus, if you stop playing factions for a while, there's chance you lose your ranks because players of your factions will make kill points while you don't play, and you'll lose a rank or two once in a while.

So ... I understand the worries, but it's not THAT unbalanced...

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm I really don't have problem with the new faction items except for the following possible changes.

1. shift them all 1 rank higher
2. make the cost tier based
3. (not sure if this is already implemented) add durability to ring, bracelet, talisman.

P

PingThing

I agree they are way tooo cheap in price. As for getting the silver, it sounds like you will be able to get enough during the event if you are a trammy type char. But these were ment for faction players and factions is a PVP platform. So no a tram with no pvp training shouldn't be able to get them.

On a side note.... I would love to be able to get them out of our bags. I so want a set just for my collection. would even be open to the ideal of once you place it in a secured container it can't be equipped by anyone. this would make it a collectable only at that point.

Ping

C

Clarifier

Yeah, been there, done that. :D

I don't know about insuring them or not, but the thing is, the durability is low on them, plus you gotta keep the rank to use those, plus they're hard to repair.

And for the 10k silver proposition for tier 1 ... I mean ... come on.
If this was created to brought people to faction, I think some of those new people who are not used to PvP (much) will never make it, even for one item.
(OR, all they gonna get is one artie every 4 months :D)
Tell a PvP newbie to gather 10k silver at 30 silver a kill... he'll be like " erm ok, I haven't got a single chance to make it."

If the durability thing is well calculated, it shouldn't be a problem, really; plus, if you stop playing factions for a while, there's chance you lose your ranks because players of your factions will make kill points while you don't play, and you'll lose a rank or two once in a while.

So ... I understand the worries, but it's not THAT unbalanced...
So killing 350 demons or whatever is hard?

P

pavel.vesely

So killing 350 demons or whatever is hard?
Well it isn't pvp. You think that real pvper will farm ogre lords or wisps for hours every week?

These items are not unbalanced. They will be hard to get, and imposible to keep. Does it matter it they are blessed, if total durability of item is 1005?