• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New(ER) Sampire Template

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been tossing around the idea of making a new sampire template. Something I haven't seen played..just looking for some ideas, if it'll work or even be something worthy.

20 Necro(switch jewls for wraith)
120 spirit speak(for mana leech purposes)
120 swords
120 parry
120 chiv(with Max karma for max buffs)
100 resist(switch out for anat for non casting)
120 tact(extra damage?)

Ok so basically what I'm going for here would take an awesome suit which I think I could farm the pieces for easily.

4/6 chiv
55 lmc
180+ stam
35 ssi(15 on jewls,5 cloak,and divine fury)
100 damage increase(20 divine fury 80 suit)

Basically what I would do is spam holy light at 4/6 casting and since you can attack while casting spam armor ignore through it (not sure if possible) with hit spell on weapon and 100 life leech, hit area
That does 20+ holy light damage,150-180 AI,and hit spell damage,hit area.

Plus may eliminate need for whirlwind weapon

Is this possible, and or feasible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think you can't do the HolyLight + AI, doesn't casting the HL cancel the toggle on the AI? So that makes keeping track of things ... problematic. This is more or less the build of @CorwinXX wraith fencer I believe.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not actually sure if it cancels the toggle..I do know you can swing while casting. But idk if the toggle goes off..that's mainly why I posted before I started tinkering around testing

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to overcap your overcap on DCI. Divine fury does a number on that stat.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm not actually sure if it cancels the toggle..I do know you can swing while casting. But idk if the toggle goes off..that's mainly why I posted before I started tinkering around testing

Just tried it. Set my primary ability, cast Holy Light = ability cancelled. So you're going to have a hell of a time, probably better off to just concentrate on AIs - in which case you need quite a lot less SS to keep up with leeching.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I would make my macro in UI
Cast holy light
Set ability primary

But if it doesn't work or seems to be a hassle where I'd lose effectiveness I'll just scrap the idea completely..the idea of 4/6 is what I liked for the extra HL damage..I can survive and kill everything with 0 casting. I was just trying to fit a bit more damage output

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can't. It take 1.25 sec to cast HL (0.75 to cast and 0.5 to recover). And during this time you can't use AI. Hit spell and Hit Area may do very little damage depending on target's resists. In cases when they do noticeable damage it is better to use DS instead of AI.

If you want to maximize your damage think about Double Strike + Corpse Skin + Discordance. This is a lot things to cast... especially if you also need to cast DF and CW.

320 for sword/tactics/anatomy
140 for necro/ss
140 for disco/music
95 chivalry
80 bushido
775 total

80 SS is enough for mana leaching. 120 may be even worth than 80 if a boss you fight run out of mana too fast.