• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New emote sound effects are awesome & bugged.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love love love the new emote sound effects in the EC! :) This is one of the coolest editions to the game in a long time imo!
Please please please add it to the CC so everyone can enjoy this and interact with each other via emotes!
Also a clickable button that brings up all available emotes would be a great addition.
I had to manually create 32 macros (3 hotbars worth) to get all the emotes setup and it takes up a bunch of screen space! Plus the icons don't even have the emote names listed on them so I gotta mouse over each one to see what they are making it a struggle to find the emote I need in time. It would be better and easier if it was just a drop down menu with all the available emotes displayed in text form.

Here is the only problem I have...
When I was playing with my friend who was on the CC, I could hear both her and my sound effects whenever someone did an emote. In both a male and female version.
But when I convinced her to download the EC so she too could hear the emote sounds, she was only able to hear her emotes and not mine.
But I am still able to hear both. WHY?
It is 1000x better when I can her both her and my sound effects it makes sitting in a house a blast. Both *fart*ing and hearing both versions is so fun to me.
But for her she can't hear mine and is very sad and disappointed and is gonna uninstall the EC and go back to CC. *sigh*

Any idea why I can hear both players emotes and she can't?
I am on an old converted EC with User Settings deleted after the UI change and she was on a fresh install EC.
Shouldn't the default be to hear all players emote sound effects?
It adds SO much immersion to the game!
But when she can't hear my sound effects it feels lacking.
Like it's a 1-sided thing for her. Boring. She can't receive my sounds. So she can't interact with me.
She when she *farts* I hear it and giggle.
When I *fart* she hears nothing and so it feels dead.
So umm fix it please. Make the sound effects global.
I have no idea why I am hearing both and she isn't.
Anyone else able to hear other players emote sound? Or anyone else only hearing it one sided? What gives?

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were found in the Publish 86 notes.
http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-86-Notes
I will paste them here.

Added the sound to the following emotes:
  • Sounds only audible to local client
  • *yawn*
  • *sigh*
  • *shh* / *shush*
  • *scream*
  • *puke*
  • *oops*
  • *oooh*
  • *oh*
  • *no*
  • *laugh*
  • *kiss*
  • *huh*
  • *hic*
  • *hey*
  • *growl*
  • *groan*
  • *giggle*
  • *gasp*
  • *yeah*
  • *whistle*
  • *spit*
  • *snore*
  • *sniff*
  • *sneeze*
  • *yell*
  • *fart*
  • *cry*
  • *cough laugh*
  • *cough*
  • *clear throat*
  • *cheer*
  • *burp*
  • *blownose* (It is actually *blow nose*
  • *applaud*
  • *ahha*
  • *ah*
There are both a male and female version for each of them. It's very cool.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please please please add it to the CC so everyone can enjoy this and interact with each other via emotes!
please don't :)

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could always add a toggle on/off for people who wish to hear the emotes and for people who don't.
Could also have an option to block the text of the 32 sound effect emotes too in case everyone spamming emotes gets annoying and clogs your journal.
But the default should be on. With the option to turn it off. Just like the footsteps sounds.

We still can't figure out why I can hear other players emote sound effects and she can't.

Here is an update on the weirdness...
I created new male and female characters on Test Center 1 using 2 accounts on the same PC.
They could not hear each others emotes.
So I went on the characters we were using before.
And I can still hear her emotes when I am on the male character.
Yet I cannot hear the male emotes when I am on the female character.
So its not a PC to PC issue.
Or a client to client issue.
It has to be a setting.

Okay so I copied my characters user data onto the Test Center 1 character and...
I still can't hear the sound effects.
So okay its not a user setting?

THEN WHAT IS IT??? :confused2:

I like it so much better when I can hear both players sound effects. Yet I don't think the devs intended for this to happen. Yet it is happening for me. Am I the only one able to hear other players sound effects? Why? And why only on that character?