• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Dragoon Trainie

Anubis1671

Visitor
Hello
I have been back for about a month now mainly fishing the high sea. I saw the post about the Dragoon and I want to start one. Now I purchased a mythic character token so I plan on doing 90 Bushido , Chivalry , Swords , Tactics and Anatomy. I have another character that has 85 resist so plan on stoning that and giving it to him. I have also purchased my PS. Now I have never trained either Chivalry or Bushido before. I have kept some loot from sea monsters and other kills so I have full 100 LRC with LMC. Should I train these two skills up 1st? I saw a post about training Chivalry to 120 so plan on doing that. I have not found a post about training bushido yet. Can someone advise good way on training that? Also if I train these should I also raise focus and meditation to keep my mana regin. high and then just get rid of them once done?

Another thing I have never made a macro before. I see one will be needed to switch to a 1 handed weapon to drink pots and then switching back to my 2 handed weapon. Can someone please describe how to?

Thanks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Go to a dungeon, find a monster that can give you gains in swords, then spam lightningstrike and whatever chiv skill will gain you in chiv at the moment. Train all skills at once, and gather profit as well.

What client are you using?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Go to dungeon blackthorn, find the room with the brigands and the rotting corpses and spam momentum strike.
Make sure you have hit life leech, hit mana leech and hit stam leech on your weapon. Have undead slayer imbued on it as well if possible.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
All of the skills in that template are extremely easy to work, you would be better off selling the token (which are overpriced) and working them from scratch imo, you would get the same result in about 2 hours.

Type UOguide Chivalry into Google and you'll see it has what to cast at what level to gain, though I always substitute Dispel Evil in, because it is a lot faster (both to cast and gain from). Obviously pack on as much mana regen as you can and casting stuff. It doesn't hurt to set your stats for int while training either which is also extremely fast to do when you're at the skill cap. For Bushido you can macro Lightning Strike a horse. The only macro you need is Last Spell for working these.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'd tend to agree with @Lord GOD(GOD) , above, that for these skills, a Mythic token is not really saving you much. In general it's not really saving much. I'm not sure it is quite as little as 2 hours, but at most to move that set of skills all to 90 is maybe 5 or 6 hours. As a new player, you'd probably find the gold you get from selling the token more useful than the token itself, provided you haven't already bought a few hundred M gold too.

A mythic token can save you a bunch of time if you're going to use it on skills like Stealing, or Dicso/Provo (not peace though), or Taming. Maybe lockpicking, though I seem to remember getting that to 90 in just a couple hours too.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the rest here. Mythic tokens are overrated. Its better to invest in scrolls of alacrity or scrolls of transcendence. Beyond 100 skill these are very helpful

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except, for Swords and Tactics, you can train every skill in your house that you listed. It may even be possible to do Swords and Tactics in home lol

Anubis1671

Visitor
Thanks for all the input. I have decided to start my Dragoon from the beginning. Hopefully will know all the in and outs by the time I am ready for all the end game stuff. I did use my token to make a supporting toon since I do not have one. Need someone to make my armor , pots and imbue. Also Carto. and LP (of course to T Hunt on him) . With some pink scrolls already have 100 alchemy LP and Carto. Be legendary on BS in a day or two and I will work on Imbueing shortly afterwards to get to 120. Did not want to spend a lot of time raising these skills.

Now some quick questions. Couple of weeks ago some stranger gave me about 650mil and gave me access to house to loot it . Had about another 400mil with stuff which I have sold some mounts and other things. That is how I bought the token and all my PS scrolls. Now I see Slither selling for about 175 mil , should I buy that? Is that something really needed to make this template work? Also is the most current template 120 Swords, Bushido, Chivalry, Tactics, Parry , Anatomy or Resist? I did see before 120 Swords , Bushido and Chivalry. 115 Tactics and Anatomy (100 real) , 85 resist and 60 Parry. I have purchased my PS scrolls based on this. Lastly I tried playing on EC but crashed way to many times so I am still on the classic one. Am I handicapped playing on the classic server?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Save the Mythic Token for some harder skills to get started such as taming, discordance, etc.

I don't know. I think you should skip the Slither. Get a good middle of the road suit to start and then start gaming Medusa until you get your own Slither. Then it will really mean something to you and your UO experience.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Now I see Slither selling for about 175 mil , should I buy that? Is that something really needed to make this template work? Also is the most current template 120 Swords, Bushido, Chivalry, Tactics, Parry , Anatomy or Resist? I did see before 120 Swords , Bushido and Chivalry. 115 Tactics and Anatomy (100 real) , 85 resist and 60 Parry. I have purchased my PS scrolls based on this. Lastly I tried playing on EC but crashed way to many times so I am still on the classic one. Am I handicapped playing on the classic server?
I wouldn't use a Slither on a dexxer, there are many more useful talismans you could use, most of which are a helluva lot cheaper; Primer, Trinket, Soldier's Medal. Unlike the sampire which can easily be classified to require a minimum of Bushido and 99 Necro in order to satisfy the name, the dragoon is, as far as I can tell, no different other than it specifically doesn't have Vamp Form, so may therefore include absolutely anything else (including Necro for Wraith or spells) as do all sampire variations. No, there isn't a lot you can do in the 'E'C that you can't do in the CC, though I would get UOA for the ability to have dress macros, trap box, apples, pots macros and a customisable display in the title bar. However, for the most part you can play a dexxer in CC without UOA pretty easily, it has extensive targeting and macro options with multiple lines.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stylewise necromancy is a no go for the dragoon template. The idea behind the template is not having necromancy at all and using 120 chivalry for divine fury. Its a paladin variation not a sampire one.

Slither is one of the best talismans for this template, 1st to compensate the defence chance penalty while under divine fury, second for getting 10 hpi which is very good.

Crafting my suit i considered nearly all other talismans (except enchantress caneo) and slither combines extremely well with the rest of the gear

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm not saying it's a sampire variation, I'm saying that like sampires people will make a dozen different variations of it regardless, someone will build it with Fencing or faster weapons and no need for Divine or it's penalty etc, someone else will do it in Wraith Form, someone else will do it with Discord.

Slither has 2 mods that count for this template. Most other talismans have more than 2 mods or functions. Which makes it easier to add the DCI/HP on the rest of the gear.

Though to be fair someone's just given him a bil he's not likely to give a f either way.

There's always more than one way to do things in UO.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slither has 2 mods that count for this template. Most other talismans have more than 2 mods or functions. Which makes it easier to add the DCI/HP on the rest of the gear.
Fully agree with this. My first samp suit was with Slither because people were saying that it's uber. After many changes to my suits, the Slither was replaced by an MPO and then a Soldier's medal. Either of those IMO adds more "juice" to a suit then Slither.