• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New design!

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got twitchy about my last design some time in January, sat on the urge to do something until March, and then couldn't come up with any good ideas till May... but I finally pasted together something I kinda like, and got it torn down, put back up and redeco'd to some degree of neatness in 2 days. Not sure it's perfect, but I thought I'd share... ^^

One thing I'm not entirely happy with is how busy the walls look. I like the asian lattice walls, but on the interior of the house they always seem like too much, and so I hung curtains to kinda tone down the visual clutter... but I'm still not sure I got the color right. *shrugs* If you guys have any suggestions, throw 'em! If ya like it, cool.

Attachments

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice design! Cozy and yet uncluttered. For the walls, what you could do is replace any north and west walls (the inside walls) with a plainer wall type, like the wood and plaster or more yellowish plaster in the sandstone wall menu. Essentially when you're inside the house, you would see lighter colored inside walls and the lattice would still be visible on the outside, and here and there with chosen accents. That might seem weird though, but I think it could work.

L

LordWinters

Very nice looking house.

I think Sarsmi is onto something with the north and west walls.I'd try using the same walls your neighbor to the east has that's in the 1st pic.

M

Millie

I like the lattice walls. It give it an open air feel. Love the layered look and admire any one who can do it. I just can't grasp how to make multi level houses. Great Job!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very well done I love how you designed the house. Customizing houses is one of my favorite things to do.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very nice design.... and I agree with Sarsmi.... using other walls on the interior isn't a bad Idea.... I've done it with the plaster when I wanted the "tree" look on the outside but it was WAY too busy to have on the inside.

Z

Zabrina

Looks great :) I dont think the walls look too cluttered either, the plain and simple deco tones it all down anyway. But from one deco'er to another, Im sure you Have to try out the other wall suggestions just to see what could be done differently ^^

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll fiddle with that! It can't be much worse than it is currently :p

As far as the layered house look, Mille: I cheated :eek: I wandered a bunch of shards looking for nice designs, and then used HouseBuilder to edit them. So it's not a direct copy of anyone's home, but it does share a lot of aspects with other peoples'.

The original home design was one I found outside Zento on another shard (can't remember exactly, but I got screenshots of it), iirc. I modified the basic design to incorporate a pond (idea from Kelmo - thanks!), a well (idea from MarkeeDragon's UO Homes gallery... no name on the photo, sadly... the gallery has a bunch of cute ideas though, and might be neat to dig through if you've got a lot of time some day), the little shed, and the entrance arch, which was inspired by Ankanna. :) The deco is all mine, though!

S

Stupid Miner

I got twitchy about my last design some time in January, sat on the urge to do something until March, and then couldn't come up with any good ideas till May... but I finally pasted together something I kinda like, and got it torn down, put back up and redeco'd to some degree of neatness in 2 days. Not sure it's perfect, but I thought I'd share... ^^

One thing I'm not entirely happy with is how busy the walls look. I like the asian lattice walls, but on the interior of the house they always seem like too much, and so I hung curtains to kinda tone down the visual clutter... but I'm still not sure I got the color right. *shrugs* If you guys have any suggestions, throw 'em! If ya like it, cool.
It the walls do look busy, but even still, it's a very nice house.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Fixed" the walls with the dark plaster as suggested. I like it much better now! ^_^ Thanks, guys!