• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Cu

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Picking a new Cu do starting stats etc make any difference or do I just pick a nice colour ?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure they do:

Try find one with nice Strength and Hit Points if you want good fighting one. (Because STR and HP cost lot training points)
..But still many player prefer color over stats.. your call :)

It is really hard to find one with cool color and good stats.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A silly question ... pre taming what would be considered good stats - Strength and Hit Points ?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye HP and Strength.. because they cost lot more training pots than Int, Mana , Dex and Stamina. SO try get as many "free" points as possible.

And one thing more:

Do not train dex & stamina on first round. They rises automatically (without cost) to 125.. Then train them to 150.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A silly question ... pre taming what would be considered good stats - Strength and Hit Points ?
Typically HP drop by half. In the case of Lesser Hiryu, Dex also drop by half. Skill wise should be 10% I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hp ranges from 1000-1200 hp on a wild non para Cu. That gives you a range of 500-600 hp from the start once you tame. Goof up and get a low 500 hp one and you will spend a ton of points to get those hp's up. Str is not as crucial imo because the wild Cu only has like a 20-30 point window of what their Str is to start plus generally speaking if the Cu has high hp it is going to up in the upper starting Str as well.

The only other stat that some people worry about is their energy and cold resist. They both max at 85, which is overcapped from the 80 you can advance them to. Personally I don't look for the overcap resists. I try to find one with high hp's and 80 in one resist along with 75 in the other. Hitting those resist areas (or slightly under) still lets you hit 70 on all the others.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
If you want to max it with scrolls/abilities/regen.. you want as high HP as possible (600)..since it's very costly to invest in... same for the rest.. especially, STR/INT (int helps mana regen)

Reactions: Pix

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Picking a new Cu do starting stats etc make any difference or do I just pick a nice colour ?
594 HP 611 Str. But you have double those to see the wild stats. You can get them as low as 534 HP. Thats a 180 point difference. Not much but it could make 360 more mana.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just tamed one with 578 HP 611 STR 278 Mana 78 Cold and 79 Energy ... This is a good one or a just OK one ?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tamed one with 578 HP 611 STR 278 Mana 78 Cold and 79 Energy ... This is a good one or a just OK one ?
I think this is GOOD one :). Pretty near max HP and STR. Also resistances are OK. I would train this one myself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as it is a colored one. But maybe that's just me. Good stats tho.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye it is not max. But If you want this kind with cool color (that is under 5% of Cu Sidhes) you need lore LOT (Many hundreds) of them. All depends how much time you want use and if you want cool colored one.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do CU come as 2 or 3 slot? tried to tame one tonight and all i kept getting 3-slotter. Is it pretty rare to be 2? just have to cycle through a few?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately, it was a plain one and it was best-friends with a paragon changeling ...

I died a few too many times to be bothered trying to get a better coloured one, so plain will do :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do CU come as 2 or 3 slot? tried to tame one tonight and all i kept getting 3-slotter. Is it pretty rare to be 2? just have to cycle through a few?
They are 3 slot naturally now. No two slot versions will spawn.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thank you Pawain, i thought i was going crazy. Now, all these CU builds, are they 3-slot based? is it enough points from just 2 rounds of training?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thank you Pawain, i thought i was going crazy. Now, all these CU builds, are they 3-slot based? is it enough points from just 2 rounds of training?
You can have 800 HP 700 STR on a Cu and have room for a magic and scrolls. If it starts with decent stats. Near 580 HP near 610 STR.

If you start with 534 HP you wont get 800HP with a magic and scrolls.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One question guys. Should I train my cu to max dex and healing before begin the animal training?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Max dex and stam are cheap when it comes to builds but if you have the time why not. I would just let healing raise as you fight. You will have those who will say if you do a Chiv Cu it will be impossible to train healing above 80-85 because the Cu will always use Cleanse By Fire instead of curing poison with it's healing to gain.. but all you have to do is take the Cu to Rotting Corpses tell it to "all stop" "all guard me" and it just stands there refusing to attack or cast anything and uses its healing skill to cure the poison.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max dex and stam are cheap when it comes to builds but if you have the time why not. I would just let healing raise as you fight. You will have those who will say if you do a Chiv Cu it will be impossible to train healing above 80-85 because the Cu will always use Cleanse By Fire instead of curing poison with it's healing to gain.. but all you have to do is take the Cu to Rotting Corpses tell it to "all stop" "all guard me" and it just stands there refusing to attack or cast anything and uses its healing skill to cure the poison.
Ive used Cus all my taming life. I had never got a cu above 92 healing. I got a white Cu about a month ago and put Chiv on. Its the only Cu I have with over 100 healing!!! I finally get a Cu high enough to res me, but that ship sailed years ago...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ive used Cus all my taming life. I had never got a cu above 92 healing. I got a white Cu about a month ago and put Chiv on. Its the only Cu I have with over 100 healing!!! I finally get a Cu high enough to res me, but that ship sailed years ago...
Takes hours and hours at rotting corpses to get it to gm. Have seen folks running around with 120 heal on a Cu... Don't even want to imagine how many hours/days that took even with whispering..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Takes hours and hours at rotting corpses to get it to gm. Have seen folks running around with 120 heal on a Cu... Don't even want to imagine how many hours/days that took even with whispering..
I dont purposely skill pets or people I play or afk at the slimes. Was pure luck for me.

Discord is the answer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mine has slowly gotten up to 105... I don't think the game or I will be around long enough to reach 120...

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Using whispering while fighting narvey you can usually get to 110 healing, have not had time to see if it will go higher.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Having high starting cold and energy, means max for fire and physical are lower. A lot of damages come from these, esp fire.

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Having high starting cold and energy, means max for fire and physical are lower. A lot of damages come from these, esp fire.

You can get 120 healing on a CU. Have a mage cast poison on it while discoed. If Chiv tell it to all stop after the first hit from the mage. It takes 24 hour or less to 120

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For me, chival is even more difficult to raise than healing. My cu has 87 chival and 101.2 healing lol. I'm training him at navrey all the time. any tips to raise?

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
For me, chival is even more difficult to raise than healing. My cu has 87 chival and 101.2 healing lol. I'm training him at navrey all the time. any tips to raise?
I would go to Humility, kill off Bog Things or Plague Beast Lords until I got a Paragon one. Then I would find a ledge to get the Cu up on (or some other "creative" way to keep the Cu and the critter from touching each other) hit Whisper and let the Cu cast Holy Light a lot.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would go to Humility, kill off Bog Things or Plague Beast Lords until I got a Paragon one. Then I would find a ledge to get the Cu up on (or some other "creative" way to keep the Cu and the critter from touching each other) hit Whisper and let the Cu cast Holy Light a lot.
Thank you :)

Do you know if I would need to disco the Cu to get to 120 skill? At 115 I remember you need the satyr trick. Because I dont know if pet skill gains works the same way as our .

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you :)

Do you know if I would need to disco the Cu to get to 120 skill? At 115 I remember you need the satyr trick. Because I dont know if pet skill gains works the same way as our .
You are welcome..

Can't say for sure but discoing them is always a good idea imo. Anything that makes skill gains is always a plus.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an idea, but have not tried it yet. I wonder if using a Dimetrosaur (that's the one that poisons everything around it, right?) would work. Plenty of rivers to teleport across and keep it at arm's length. You'd still need to disco your Cu probably, and the tamer will have far enough behind not to get poisoned.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Good thought.. never considered trying it though. Just assumed their pois attack would not come across the river. Worth a shot though.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, update on using a Dimetrosaur to train healing. It does work. I am not sure how high it can go but I was getting gains at 80 healing without Disco. That poison field has a 16 step radius, I kid you not. Your tamer has to be 17 steps away in order not to get hit.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Good to know.

I knew the area it hit was large as heck. Best area effect on a pet imo and one of the main reasons I have one in my stall. Makes champ spawn lower levels fly by between him roaming around in one area and me popping off essence of wind and wildfire in others.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to know.

I knew the area it hit was large as heck. Best area effect on a pet imo and one of the main reasons I have one in my stall. Makes champ spawn lower levels fly by between him roaming around in one area and me popping off essence of wind and wildfire in others.
You mean it's better than Goo?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I like it better than Goo, but I guess it's a personal preference. I never could get Goo to hit on a huge area like the pois effect does.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The above was before the recent patch... but it took very Long to kill the dragons. I won't call this OP but anyway that is history now.