• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Craftables Testing

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The exterior north and west walls are very.... tricky. I'm still attempting to do them and not having much luck.
The interior north and west walls can be done - but you need to use a goza. That's all the hint I'll give there.
Insofar as the maximum limit, there is discussion and from @Kyronix that the limit is 70-z... that means 70 tiles up from 0 on the Z axis. Anything higher and it could be removed.

Basically, these new craftable walls and floors are NOT affected by the circle of transparency test - they act like rubble deco and can essentially cause blockage. Keep that in mind when building.

FrejaSP got it right, I just got a bit more technical. :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The exterior north and west walls are very.... tricky. I'm still attempting to do them and not having much luck.
The interior north and west walls can be done - but you need to use a goza. That's all the hint I'll give there.
Insofar as the maximum limit, there is discussion and from @Kyronix that the limit is 70-z... that means 70 tiles up from 0 on the Z axis. Anything higher and it could be removed.

Basically, these new craftable walls and floors are NOT affected by the circle of transparency test - they act like rubble deco and can essentially cause blockage. Keep that in mind when building.

FrejaSP got it right, I just got a bit more technical. :)

I have no idea how high the 70 is? Can you tell me how many floors it is? Clops of Atlantic knows how to do the exterior north and west walls. That is all the hint I give you. There is some really high 18 by 18 on Atlantic near Luna. I will try to count the tiles. Ty for reply.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Scribbles @brianfreud2 the same rules apply with goza use, you cannot block someone else's house, vendor etc. That being said the elevation limit is enforced when you actually drop the craftable items. If you can drop the crafted items, then it's within the limits for elevation. If you are trying to place the item outside of those limits the item bounces back into your backpack and you get a message telling you. The limit is based on elevation and is around 70z off the ground.
From the main thread.
Basically.... so you get a tool, and raise something from the ground 70-times.

Wish @Clops would post a tutorial on how to do the exterior walls. :D Save me worlds on headache! I was thinking it has something to do with ladders...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Fourth floor isn't a problem...

First floor...
\ upload_2015-9-4_21-19-46.png
Second Floor...
upload_2015-9-4_21-20-18.png

Third Floor...
upload_2015-9-4_21-19-46.png

Fourth Floor...
upload_2015-9-4_21-20-18.png

The fourth floor is only adding one more so that isn't a problem.
Yeah so my pictures are all funky, don't ask me what I did lol but you get what I mean...fourth floor is technically only one more floor up

It's going 6th and higher I think, and even a fourth might be an issue if you're next to someone else, you can see that as it is I am partially blocking the water, if that was someones house it wouldn't be allowed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fourth floor isn't a problem...

First floor...
\ View attachment 35963
Second Floor...
View attachment 35964

Third Floor...
View attachment 35963

Fourth Floor...
View attachment 35964

The fourth floor is only adding one more so that isn't a problem.
Yeah so my pictures are all funky, don't ask me what I did lol but you get what I mean...fourth floor is technically only one more floor up

It's going 6th and higher I think, and even a fourth might be an issue if you're next to someone else, you can see that as it is I am partially blocking the water, if that was someones house it wouldn't be allowed.

No one sees new walls or tiles unless they load the house right?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No one sees new walls or tiles unless they load the house right?
Here I am trying to see how high I can build, as you can see I am blocking the water from where I am standing.
upload_2015-9-5_1-14-26.png

When I recall out and back in, here is what I see

upload_2015-9-5_1-16-21.png
upload_2015-9-5_1-16-52.png

Once I step on the front stairs
upload_2015-9-5_1-17-37.png
upload_2015-9-5_1-18-21.png

Hope that helps.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How do you raise up the crafted tall wall to fill in the spaces on the north and west castle walls? They have to raise up to fit on top of the short walls that already are part of the castle and keep.
You need to move yourself up, like standing on next floor or on a stair, when you raise the floor tiles.
Are you sure you cannot make a 4th floor? I was told that was as far as we could go with new walls and floors. Filling in stuff is sorta useless for a keep. I will still have skinny rooms.
You can do it right now, but it is not allowed and you risk to get it deleted. I lost a floor, I was building over the wings of my large tower. Lucky I did not finish it but still, if it had been on Prodo, the lose of granit would had hurt badly.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Here's what I've been tinkering with...
First Floor
  • raised tiles on new kitchen to cover stairs. There are other stairs where archways are located to enter from outside (cannot see without Circle of Trans (CoT)
  • The archways are a compromise due to not being able to marry the walls (see the small room in the main hall with that irksome gap)
  • Colored arches, blocks and pavers are Dull Copper Granite dyed with the crimson reward dye - looky like blood! :eyes: Awesome for evil castles!
  • Since there is a floor over the new kitchen, a hole had to be left for the stone oven

Second Floor & Second "half"
  • Private sitting room with verite doors (use verite metal) in north-east tower.
  • Long stairs to get to the northern towers (plan on bridges to the southern towers in some way maybe)
  • Closed North Opening from the main hall
  • The "half" floor suite is actually over the top of the parapet. Since this is raised higher than the normal ceiling level, it will not provide the lovely hiding effect when in the new kitchen, so a "drop ceiling" had to be installed and I used gozas for this (cheaper to manufacture than stone pavers) :

• To place the fireplace over the chimney of the stove pavers, raised gozas were used, then the fireplace "broken" to lower, and once realigned is all fine for chopping (just make sure the fireplace is realigned accurately, or you will lose it if you need to chop it again!) Also, make sure the floor above and the drop ceiling areas are left without gozas or pavers (holes)
  • I left the "holes" in the walls to on the east side of the suite to show how the walls can be placed. Gozas are raised from the GROUND floor - best way to do it - then walls dropped atop them. To fill the parapet holes, need to make the Short Wall, and "turn" it for the appropriate style.
  • The stairs to the half-floor were interesting to make and utilize gozas raised from the ground again. To note, you cannot just use blocks for the first landing (where the Justile Tile is) for it is too high and your head will hit the ceiling above, thus preventing egress. So pavers are used, raised a few time, then the justice tile placed atop them.

Third Floor and Third Half
  • Due to the placement of the pavers, can actually walk off the east and south edged of the floor above the suite. I'm okay with it, but might put parapet in my final design. Since there is egress here, I eliminated the need of a tall stair to get to the floor above the main hall. I like this effect.

I made the castle public, so if people want to come and explore and check out how I test more stuffs, here is the location. I'm considering bridges and such with more towers and what not. I am also testing the placement of various deco items in different ways. Will have a bulletin board for comments.

To Note:
I am building in CC, and checking in EC. EC does really bad CoT which is why building in CC is preferred. To work with this and adding additional floors and such, I'm finding that using the EC is rather cumbersome. Long Live the Classic Client!

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gaps on the south and east are really killing it for me. Hadn't considered you'd not be able to place anything in those tiles.

House looks awesome though aside from that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks for making it public, I wish more would do that, I love seeing others designs.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, those gaps are irking me terribly.
For the suite, I can put stairs along the east wall and that does hide the gap - but the stairs are not necessary to get to the main-hall roof and I like it that way. I am thinking of some other way to hide that gap - or utilize it in some way. I know I can "hide" it with plants or deco, but it still doesn't hide the fact that there is a large gap in my wall, making for a rather drafty suite where the weather can blow snow in.

Hopefully the devs can think of something.

While discussing this with another person who came to visit, the thought of making a "half-wall" that could only be placed in THAT spot may be a fix - or a 1.5 piece that would be used to "overhang" from the one-tile north for the south wall, and one-tile west for the east wall.

Or could be a "multi-tile deed" item that would take more stones (with less chance of success maybe) to alleviate those gaps.

Just some of the ideas been brainstorming. @Kyronix - if not in the scope for this publish, perhaps another one sooner than soon? :D pretty please?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what I've been tinkering with...
First Floor
  • raised tiles on new kitchen to cover stairs. There are other stairs where archways are located to enter from outside (cannot see without Circle of Trans (CoT)
  • The archways are a compromise due to not being able to marry the walls (see the small room in the main hall with that irksome gap)
  • Colored arches, blocks and pavers are Dull Copper Granite dyed with the crimson reward dye - looky like blood! :eyes: Awesome for evil castles!
  • Since there is a floor over the new kitchen, a hole had to be left for the stone oven

Second Floor & Second "half"
  • Private sitting room with verite doors (use verite metal) in north-east tower.
  • Long stairs to get to the northern towers (plan on bridges to the southern towers in some way maybe)
  • Closed North Opening from the main hall
  • The "half" floor suite is actually over the top of the parapet. Since this is raised higher than the normal ceiling level, it will not provide the lovely hiding effect when in the new kitchen, so a "drop ceiling" had to be installed and I used gozas for this (cheaper to manufacture than stone pavers) :

• To place the fireplace over the chimney of the stove pavers, raised gozas were used, then the fireplace "broken" to lower, and once realigned is all fine for chopping (just make sure the fireplace is realigned accurately, or you will lose it if you need to chop it again!) Also, make sure the floor above and the drop ceiling areas are left without gozas or pavers (holes)
  • I left the "holes" in the walls to on the east side of the suite to show how the walls can be placed. Gozas are raised from the GROUND floor - best way to do it - then walls dropped atop them. To fill the parapet holes, need to make the Short Wall, and "turn" it for the appropriate style.
  • The stairs to the half-floor were interesting to make and utilize gozas raised from the ground again. To note, you cannot just use blocks for the first landing (where the Justile Tile is) for it is too high and your head will hit the ceiling above, thus preventing egress. So pavers are used, raised a few time, then the justice tile placed atop them.

Third Floor and Third Half
  • Due to the placement of the pavers, can actually walk off the east and south edged of the floor above the suite. I'm okay with it, but might put parapet in my final design. Since there is egress here, I eliminated the need of a tall stair to get to the floor above the main hall. I like this effect.

I made the castle public, so if people want to come and explore and check out how I test more stuffs, here is the location. I'm considering bridges and such with more towers and what not. I am also testing the placement of various deco items in different ways. Will have a bulletin board for comments.

To Note:
I am building in CC, and checking in EC. EC does really bad CoT which is why building in CC is preferred. To work with this and adding additional floors and such, I'm finding that using the EC is rather cumbersome. Long Live the Classic Client!
Nice work!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gaps on the south and east are really killing it for me. Hadn't considered you'd not be able to place anything in those tiles.

House looks awesome though aside from that.
Yeah. I have similar hates about custom house design. I always wished they would let us set two wall segments as overlapping because there are some looks you can see out in the world that you cannot reproduce without doing so.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yeah...it's gonna be interesting...
View attachment 35599

I just hope people are tasteful in their color choices....can you imagine a whole house this color? Yikes!

Am working on more stuff now...I did notice that you can only dye the pieces made with colored granite.
Lol, remind me of some of the houses in el paso...the adobe was like pink and turquoise and yello etc...hmmm, I might have to make one...new plot with no walls then craft colored walls lol

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This sort of customization of castles & keeps looks attractive just... only those who are GM carpenters with Masonry will be able to enjoy it ?? I have a castle and I could use some customization, alas I don't have a crafter :( some other people might have the crafter not the keep or castle ... or are they going to make it available to any owner of castle or keep without the special skills ? i guess not...
Ha...hire a crafter... Make a guild that's like a construction company lol

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Just to show this isn't just for castles and keeps, here's a custom enhanced a bit on the front with some crafted work. It can be seen in Magincia on test center. just west of the dock.
I'm looking forward to a while new slewvog interesting houses

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ha...hire a crafter... Make a guild that's like a construction company lol

I used to be in such a guild... Was Better Homes of Sosaria I think... Anyway our motto was something about beautifying UO one home at a time. We had a website and everything. Though I think it died... I had designed probably 5 or 6 homes mostly on Atlantic... Was fun for awhile but somewhat annoying and took up a lot of time which I don't have anymore.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 Top floora.png 13.png 14.png 1 Top floora.png 1.png 2.png 2a.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png 13.png 14.png 15.png 16.png 17.png 18.png Just wanted to share for those who have not visited my castle. I also would not like my last 2 and a half years work to get lost with the new craftables patch. Most of that time has been spent gathering building materials and a lot of the ideas were simply the solutions to the issues a previous design had created.
I wish I had a second castle to design myself with the new craftables. Or even the time to do some work on tc. I always find something new to add and I have a few projects and additions planned. I have no intentions to change its general design. Only to fill gaps with the remaining rubble pieces it is missing from the Magincia collection.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get the wall pieces to go on top of the existing Castle walls?

Thanks, Katrena

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no this recipe's in Resource bag on TC1.
Also that armor need Tiger Pelt & Dragon Turtle Scute to craft - pobably some new "Leather" from Eodon.

Somebody know the properties of this Armor?
Is this only new type of studded armor with same propirties or it differs significant in some way ( more then distribution of base resists) ?
On part 2 Eodon release at TC1 this new armor turns usual leather armor. Not studded.
Or it was initialy not studded and i confused that?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On part 2 Eodon release at TC1 this new armor turns usual leather armor. Not studded.
Or it was initialy not studded and i confused that?
No as of right now there is no known way to get the recipes to make the armor.... so no clue if it's good or bad or what... likely it's like plate and leather... don't know.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No as of right now there is no known way to get the recipes to make the armor.... so no clue if it's good or bad or what... likely it's like plate and leather... don't know.
I recal that first time i checked the tailoring menu (First Release of Time of Legends on TC1) this new armor was in Studded armor section. Or im confused?
But now, when Second part (Eodon) released at TC1 this armor placed in Leather armor section.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe we can have studded of Dino hide :p

I really would love some new metal armor, special more female metal item and make the female plate less heavy as that's the only one we have now. also a metal skirt, some nice female protection of legs, arms and head. I found a few ideas on the web. I like the chain armor, need some spiral / plate /chain metal for arm, hand, leg and neck. maybe a little like the bone armor for legs and arms
Female_armor.jpg

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we can have studded of Dino hide :p

I really would love some new metal armor, special more female metal item and make the female plate less heavy as that's the only one we have now. also a metal skirt, some nice female protection of legs, arms and head. I found a few ideas on the web. I like the chain armor, need some spiral / plate /chain metal for arm, hand, leg and neck. maybe a little like the bone armor for legs and arms
View attachment 36467
Design ideas are nice, but new armor types what wearable "women only" will doo more disbalance in armor market / choosing the sex for new characters...
Ohh... there is a risk of converting this thread in femenist-sexist-... flame :stir:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Design ideas are nice, but new armor types what wearable "women only" will doo more disbalance in armor market / choosing the sex for new characters...
Ohh... there is a risk of converting this thread in femenist-sexist-... flame :stir:
No they should have a male part too, like chain legs vs chain skirt oe chain female armor vs chain tunic. I hate to run in male armor, I want to look female.

Even with a female plate armor, the legs, arms, hands and helm make the suit very bad for females

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No they should have a male part too, like chain legs vs chain skirt oe chain female armor vs chain tunic. I hate to run in male armor, I want to look female.

Even with a female plate armor, the legs, arms, hands and helm make the suit very bad for females
I would agree with you only if that new (and old!) female armor will male-wearable bacause .... you know... some male also like to wear nice female clothes :rolleyes2:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you dye plain granite stairs/walls or does it have to be dull and up?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks!! I'm not sure what to think of this. It makes sense BUT it might cause a real pain in buying.
But not all like colors, some will buy plain to fit the original castle wall, floor tiles and stairs

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow I think when it goes live you wont be able to dye the coloured granite either. Too many options for huge hideous coloured borg cubes.
At least the natural granite colours look better as stone and could be believed than bright blue or day glow yellow stone? Paint maybe but who paints a castle.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Somehow I think when it goes live you wont be able to dye the coloured granite either. Too many options for huge hideous coloured borg cubes.
At least the natural granite colours look better as stone and could be believed than bright blue or day glow yellow stone? Paint maybe but who paints a castle.....
If they tried to stop that it would stop folk from dying 100's of other items and if they wanted to hear the wrath of 100's of their players then yes... they would do that.... but my guess is they wouldn't want to further annoy the player base so that will never happen..... besides they have pointed out the fact that these are dyable because they WANT you to be able to dye them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless you load the house you will not see the new walls,stairs, doors, floors. So color of them will not matter.
Exactly. You won't see anything people put on their homes as add-ons like these tiles unless you actually step onto their house. So don't get your panties in a wad over something that isn't going to effect you unless you go out of your way to be effected by it.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for you testers: Say a player places a plot and uses all craftable walls. If these walls don't load can a mob cast or player attack someone on their plot?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Question for you testers: Say a player places a plot and uses all craftable walls. If these walls don't load can a mob cast or player attack someone on their plot?
Good question, someone may need to test that. Think we already have several goza floors, so maybe some of the owners of them do have the answer

Lady Elvy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay so since I see everyone mainly talking about the currency stuff and the masteries, I thought I'd start a thread about the new craftables and the things we'll be able to do with them.

I just started experimenting, and I only had like 500 granite to copy over but here's the few things I've done so far.

Please feel free to build and share you're own! :) And anything that's wonky or off, feedback is, of course, appreciated in a nice way :)

View attachment 35562

Not enough to do the whole area but technically I can turn this whole upper area into a floor..that's pretty awesome! AND IT MATCHES!

View attachment 35563

New floor above a tower....in progress. 5 pieces of granite per floor tile...*note to self, mine like crazy*

View attachment 35564

STAIRS! NO GOZAS! OMG.....yeah I'm excited!

Okay...your turn! :)
ok i may sound like a dummy but how do i even pales the doors,im trying to get into one of the small side rooms of my castle,from the courtyard?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok i may sound like a dummy but how do i even pales the doors,im trying to get into one of the small side rooms of my castle,from the courtyard?
I don't think that you can place a door through an existing wall. AFAIK the doors are intended for new walls that you added.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Correct...you cannot change the existing structure but you can add to it.

Here is my work in progress...lotta granite :/ lol
upload_2015-10-9_9-21-7.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok how did you pales the door that goes strati to the small room with the coffin?
Craft the doors with a tinker and just place it like you would anything...but the doors have to be locked down. The wall/stair and floor pieces need to be double-clicked.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any ideas what drops the new crafting recipes?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Any creature in the Valley of Eodon has a chance to drop a recipe.

I've been killing tigers, corpsers, vampire bats and the occasional tribal guys with my turtle and have gotten 3. You can even get them doing the turtle champ spawn.

Daniele

Visitor
My question is has anyone been able to make stairs to the roof of their castle? If so how did you do it? Or is the ladders still the only way to get on top of your castle? Just want to get on top of my castle to put up my raised garden beds. Don't want extra levels at least not right now.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is has anyone been able to make stairs to the roof of their castle? If so how did you do it? Or is the ladders still the only way to get on top of your castle? Just want to get on top of my castle to put up my raised garden beds. Don't want extra levels at least not right now.
Check out posts number 51 and 56 in this link:
http://stratics.com/threads/any-castle-customizing-pics.352444/page-2

NOTE: You need to place stone pavers on the top because you can not walk over the wall.