• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Computer - Trying Enhanced Client

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Super huge touch screen! Got to learn this new targeting system. Really like the neatness of the hotbars.

Anyone have any tips?

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use EC because of loads of hotbars and new macroses which could replace UO assist. Also you have more view - good for running away from PK hehe

But classic client is nicer looking. I would prefer new resolution in classic client, than to play with new one.. But still there are no changes, I get used to the EC :)

p.s.
gratoz with new PC *grins*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next you should try out Pinco UI.

This is how I roll:

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@DJAd Interesting... does Pinco UI pull those player health bars automatically or did you pull them there? That's the only benefit I see from this screen shot. I like your map usage over radar... I may close my paper doll and do the same. I don't like that your health bar is way over to the top left though... how can you focus on maneuvering around the world and keeping an eye on your health if you have to look all the way over there?

@Tanager I noticed I could zoom out and see more map area, good for fleeing, but character sight distance remains the same, so no real advantage. Monsters and / or players don't load until you're right up on them when zoomed out, which could make that seemingly awesome escape route not so good after all. I prefer to stay at standard zoom so I can better judge distances and I wont be wasting pre casts when targets are out of range.

Touch screen is so awesome... I think I have an advantage now, as I could just touch the spells in the hot bars that aren't bound to the keys without having to aim a cursor.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@DJAd Interesting... does Pinco UI pull those player health bars automatically or did you pull them there? That's the only benefit I see from this screen shot. I like your map usage over radar... I may close my paper doll and do the same. I don't like that your health bar is way over to the top left though... how can you focus on maneuvering around the world and keeping an eye on your health if you have to look all the way over there?
It will show all the health bars itself and show them like in the screenshot. That pic is edited though to show them all full as an example. I have the small map in the top right hand corner and I can press the "m" key to bring up the larger tactical map if needed.

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Tanager I noticed I could zoom out and see more map area, good for fleeing, but character sight distance remains the same, so no real advantage. Monsters and / or players don't load until you're right up on them when zoomed out, which could make that seemingly awesome escape route not so good after all. I prefer to stay at standard zoom so I can better judge distances and I wont be wasting pre casts when targets are out of range..
Yep, characters dont load until they come closer, but you could see where to run.. Where more trees or good palce to hide.
Damm.. Why everyone at SP stratics forum calling me Tanager :lame: I am Tangar :shots:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Give it three weeks... seriously. You will get over the art.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOCC is the only client for the same reason that there were no Matrix sequels.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
UOCC is the only client for the same reason that there were no Matrix sequels.
At least you don't have to watch The Matrix in a little postage stamp sized window on your big screen TV.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UOCC is for n00bs who want to get violated and dry looted, repeatedly within an hour, losing a few major suits in the process.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOCC is for n00bs who want to get violated and dry looted, repeatedly within an hour, losing a few major suits in the process.
Not saying I agree or disagree, but what makes you say that?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is Stratics... All you need is speculation and an opinion. Facts are not necessary... (see the F2P thread for more examples of this phenomenon)

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at Apollyon, trying on the big boy pants. Cute.

Now shh, the adults are talking.

At least you don't have to watch The Matrix in a little postage stamp sized window on your big screen TV.
Eh, you get used to it. 800x600 on my 46" is still bigger than full screen on my old CRTs back in the day.

And you can open more packs in the blackspace. Packs and maps and paperdolls, oh my!