• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Computer - Question about Classic Client

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I am in the process of configuring a new desktop PC. The only real "gaming" that I do is pretty much UO, using the classic client, oftentimes using multiple clients at once. I am configuring the PC to output to a 3 monitor extended desktop, so I will be getting some kind of GPU to support this, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone know if the CC takes advantage of the mid to high end GPU's? For the purposes of running more than one client, should my focus be on a better processor with more system RAM, or a better GPU with higher dedicated RAM?

Thanks!

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is based on connection speed for internet once you hit a certain point. Get a 670 if you want a cheap 3 monitor solution. My intel quad core laptop from 2007 runs UO as well as my new i7/780ti/8gb ram desktop.

UO classic client does NOT utilize high end resources. A geforce 9800GT and a 780TI would run it very similarly. Running more than one client...just have 8GB ram and an i5.