• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

new collectible journals?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There at also at least 4 "History of the Great Work" books as well, but likely more as the story doesn't seem finished.

I have only seen Spector's Collection III on GL, but then we got a sneak peek of it months ago...

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting lots of the lovely journals, Dr Spector's works and the History of the Great Work. I believe they are a set of five. I have picked up Nystul and Minax cards thus far. *Edit* Just got an Elliot Rafkin card too. *Second edit* Got a Shamino card now but I am unsure if this is a new one.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting lots of the lovely journals, Dr Spector's works and the History of the Great Work. I believe they are a set of five. I have picked up Nystul and Minax cards thus far. *Edit* Just got an Elliot Rafkin card too. *Second edit* Got a Shamino card now but I am unsure if this is a new one.
You find out by checking the page Cards of Semidar – Ultima Online

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does Elliot Rafkin fit in UO lore? His counterpart in UO is Ellie Rafkin...

I guess I'll have to read Dr. Spector's journal to find out...

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, not me. I was wrong, only four journals for each series. o.0 Sorry!

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got a five. Apparently I was wrong , sorry

Last edited:

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They spawn continuously. You need to have detect hidden in order to find them; not sure what skill level is needed but a friend was around 86 and was able to locate the chest. By the time she found and looted all 6 six, the chests were ready to be found again.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regal chests keep spawning but u need detect hidden to find them..each on a respawn timer.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
how many of these new journals are there?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found 8 so far.. I, II, III, and IV of the 2 variations. Would be cool to find a white collectible .

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the chests re-spawn on a 5 minute cycle once they are detected and opened.
with GM detect i can hammer off all 6, stop and kill a automation and its time to go again.
im actually very impressed with how fast the re-spawn rate is.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
detect hidden skill to find them????......dohhh....gets check book out ready once again....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what for THP? They're just like the boxes in Exodus.

If you're wanting the books, I'll let you have my spares when I have both sets - I already have some spares.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..and if Petra is missing any then you can have my extras, they appear fairly frequently.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What else can be found in the boxes besides the books and cards?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kotl power cores, Inoperative Automaton heads, some gold and a sprinking of jewels

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a list of cards yet? Books I have gotten 1- 4 of both sets. I thought I had 2 full sets of cards but today I got 2 new ones. Then I found this thread. I will get together a list of what I have once I log back in. I am in need of some sunshine and fresh air.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Is there a list of cards yet? Books I have gotten 1- 4 of both sets. I thought I had 2 full sets of cards but today I got 2 new ones. Then I found this thread. I will get together a list of what I have once I log back in. I am in need of some sunshine and fresh air.
Full list here.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not collecting the books but if you find any of the recipes i'll take those.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The recipes do not come in the regal boxes. From what I can tell the recipes only come from turning the Kotl city drops.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does Elliot Rafkin fit in UO lore? His counterpart in UO is Ellie Rafkin...

I guess I'll have to read Dr. Spector's journal to find out...
Are you familiar with him in Ultima Lore from Ultima Savage Empiers?

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you familiar with him in Ultima Lore from Ultima Savage Empiers?
You are correct that Elliot Rafkin is part of the original Savage Empire game, but in the UO fiction, he was re-imagined as Ellie Rafkin (Valley of One fiction, Exterminating the Infestations quest line). It does seem slightly weird to put a card for a character found only in the original games. There are a lot of such characters. Imagine how weird it would be if there were cards for the likes of Smith, Batlin, Arcadion, Tessa, Samhayne, Gorn, Sentri, Seggallion, and so on? While all interesting parts of the original games, they have no connection to UO.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct that Elliot Rafkin is part of the original Savage Empire game, but in the UO fiction, he was re-imagined as Ellie Rafkin (Valley of One fiction, Exterminating the Infestations quest line). It does seem slightly weird to put a card for a character found only in the original games. There are a lot of such characters. Imagine how weird it would be if there were cards for the likes of Smith, Batlin, Arcadion, Tessa, Samhayne, Gorn, Sentri, Seggallion, and so on? While all interesting parts of the original games, they have no connection to UO.
In our fiction, we made Ellie his daughter and I actually made an Elliot Rafkin character to represent the good doctor. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I know several UO characters have threatened suit if their likeness is used on a card without permission. How cool would it be if you had a 1 in10000 chance say of making a card of yourself with your paper doll doll picture and name? lol