• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New CoaCoa Tree Bug

• Thread starter Richtor Darkbane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Richtor Darkbane

I have been growing a CoaCoa tree in my characters pack, when it hit growth stage 7 (i think) the one where it blooms into the actual tree, I got sick of looking at it in my bag, so i tried locking it down in my house to finish growing it. The problem is it says "You are not allowed to access this." ?I know this happens with many plants in stage 7, and can be worked around by clicking the plant and clicking "Set Security" and lowering the security level. But the CoaCoa tree offers no "Set Security" when clicked, making it impossible to grow in my house unless I set the security from the start, so now I get to look at this big blob in my backpack everywhere I go... :sad4:

R

Rix/\

not really that new, release it back to your pack , water it what ever then lock it back down. It's a pain but it works until they can fix the issue. I'm on my 2nd generation of cocoas.

F

feath

or, you can put it in a pouch, in your backpack, and still have it grow without you having to look at it every time you open your inventory.

V

Vertigo

Or put it in your bankbox. Or place it in a blue beetle. Lots of choices.

R

Richtor Darkbane

or they could get really crazy and fix them the way the are supposed to work when locked down inside a house!

I don't think it's to much to ask that in game items work properly as intended and not be so buggy... especially new items. I can understand the old bugs, those were inherited, but they need to either stop creating new bugs or fix them properly. I appreciate the work around ideas, but really the item should work as intended and we shouldn't have to work around the bugs.

E

Evilminion

I've heard conflicting stories on whether a plant will still grow when "parked" on a beetle.

Has anyone here used a beetle to store plants, and if so, have they had success with it?

T

Teeshy

Yup, I use my beetle =) You can't tend them on the beetle, have to move them to your pack to water etc, but they grow fine. Get the growth check at the same time you log in, same as when you have them in your own pack =)

K

Katlene

i just bummed that they just used ohii tree graphics for the cocoa tree :(
but new content yay

S

Sky-byte

I've also noticed this, and not only is it with the cocoa trees, but the other new plants as well. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, i guess until then, i'll grow them in my bank

W

Warrior of Time

or they could get really crazy and fix them the way the are supposed to work when locked down inside a house!

I don't think it's to much to ask that in game items work properly as intended and not be so buggy... especially new items. I can understand the old bugs, those were inherited, but they need to either stop creating new bugs or fix them properly. I appreciate the work around ideas, but really the item should work as intended and we shouldn't have to work around the bugs.
You never know what they are working on till the next patch after the bug was found.

As for the o'hii tree. You should see what they did to it in KR. Now the o'hii, cocao, and willow looks just like every other tree in KR. I think we may get something we don't want.

Pick out a pine tree, see how it looks too.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only new plant that I can lock down and tend after its bloomed is the cactus.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

QFT

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Or go back and find the post someone else made about the whole situation {this has been mentioned Severeal times} and see what they've done to make it easier for themselves.