• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Classifieds System

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We would like to extend an invitation to each of you to check out and visit our new classifieds system. This system will allow the community to conduct trades in a more organized fashion where the focus will be strictly on the business of the trade goods.

There are a number of standard options for community Members making new ads, and additional features for Stratics Professional subscribers.

@Captn. Norrington will be in charge of managing the Stratics Classifieds, if you have questions or concerns please review this article http://stratics.com/threads/how-to-use-the-stratics-classifieds-system.353335/ and post queries in the associated discussion for it.

To Access the Classifieds please look for the Classifieds Tab in the Nav Bar.

classifieds.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some of the features included in the system are:

- The ability to bump posts by clicking a "bump" button, so your listings will not be cluttered with "bump comments". The button only allows you to use it once every 24 hours, so you no longer need to worry about accidentally breaking the 24 hour bump rule!

- A "contact owner" button that automatically creates a Private Message between you and the original poster.

- Premium members may choose to feature their listing for increased advertising and exposure.

- Many different categories that buyers can search through individually, or combined which makes it easier to find a specific type of item without having to search through an entire forum. If a person is not looking for anything specific, they can view a page full of combined listings from all of the categories.

- A "random listing" feature that prominently displays a post for all to see on the main classifieds page. The post is picked automatically and is completely random.

- Each listing automatically creates a thread that is posted in the appropriate Trade Forum, when a person clicks on the thread it will bring them to your classifieds listing. When a post is marked as "sold" the thread automatically locks itself so users will be aware that the item is no longer available.

We hope you enjoy the new Stratics Classifieds System and would love to hear feedback from the community!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Need an auction system now.
The developer plans to include a full featured eBay style auction in a future release. The add-on will also include a buyer/seller feedback system in the future.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I remember back when I was working on an auction system from scratch for UO related stuff back about 2005. I forget why I never finished it.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I remember back when I was working on an auction system from scratch for UO related stuff back about 2005. I forget why I never finished it.
That sounds cool. I'm hoping the auction release arrives soon, but it will likely be several months. The feedback system is anticipated to be available toward the end of the month...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Captn Norrington

a couple questions:
what should i do if i have multiples of the same item for sale? Like when atlantic has multiple EM bosses, sometimes i have 3 - 5 of the same item for sale. It would seem tedious to have to list them all individually, but under the new system of the classified automatically being locked, would i need to create 5 identical classifieds, or could there be an option to leave the ad open until all have been sold?

the feedback system:
what measures are being taken to prevent false / troll negative feedback? If theres an item listed for 100million gold, and the "buyer" clicks buyout but has no inentions of paying, that item is technically sold, and open for feedback? (i can see troll accounts doing the buyout, not paying, then leaving negative feedback) I would suggest having the seller decide when to list the item as having been actually been sold (the trade completed in game) At this point troll accounts could still give false negative feedback, but the seller would have a bit more control / protection. I would also possibly include an option for users the seller will not accept bids / sales from. another possible option would be to ban all visitor accounts from the sale. Could also include only allowing "stratics supporters" to bid (nabin used to require the "stratics supporter" tag to bid in his auctions)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Captn Norrington

a couple questions:
what should i do if i have multiples of the same item for sale? Like when atlantic has multiple EM bosses, sometimes i have 3 - 5 of the same item for sale. It would seem tedious to have to list them all individually, but under the new system of the classified automatically being locked, would i need to create 5 identical classifieds, or could there be an option to leave the ad open until all have been sold?

the feedback system:
what measures are being taken to prevent false / troll negative feedback? If theres an item listed for 100million gold, and the "buyer" clicks buyout but has no inentions of paying, that item is technically sold, and open for feedback? (i can see troll accounts doing the buyout, not paying, then leaving negative feedback) I would suggest having the seller decide when to list the item as having been actually been sold (the trade completed in game) At this point troll accounts could still give false negative feedback, but the seller would have a bit more control / protection. I would also possibly include an option for users the seller will not accept bids / sales from. another possible option would be to ban all visitor accounts from the sale. Could also include only allowing "stratics supporters" to bid (nabin used to require the "stratics supporter" tag to bid in his auctions)
I have created a test post for the situation you described, when you scroll down you can see the comments I posted as 3 different people. In my example both of the items sold very quickly, however if they do not sell quickly you can leave the post open as long as you want. The post only locks itself and is marked as sold if the owner actually presses the "Mark As Sold" button.

Link to it: http://stratics.com/classifieds/two-atlantic-event-items-for-sale-not-real-testing.13/

As for the Feedback system, I'm not sure, The developer hasn't released it yet so we don't know how it will work at the moment.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No buying option?
There is a buying option, instead of setting it to "for sale" you can also set it to "Wanted" for buying, and "Exchange" for trading one item for another. Those 3 things are in a dropdown menu together.

Untitled.png

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
@Captn Norrington

a couple questions:

the feedback system:
I would also recommend selecting one of the longer lasting listing types if you are selling multiple items (1 month maybe).

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Ron Bron , if my notes from the auction system i was putting together are needed, let me know. It has a lot of the issues mentioned herein, and not, with possible solutions your dev might be interested in.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There needs to be something showing Shard location.

If this gets busy, you will need the Shard prefix on these listings.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok... someone didn't use the shard thing then. :)

I am organizing some things, might use this real soon.
Thank you for pointing that out, It seems I forgot to make that a "Required" selection. It has been fixed, all listings now have to pick a shard.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
where are all the old posts from the previous forum?

edit: n/m. i found them.