• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEW CEO's Plan.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please talk about some of the things I mentioned in the above articles in the original post?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_3DO_Company

For some reason I thought the guy's name was "Trip Wilson" but it turns out it was Hawkins. He was the founder of EA and in 1991 designed a company to market a prototype for a video game console that could generate 3D graphics prior to the release of PSone. Psone came out in 1994.

The important thing to note is that the 3DO company didn't have a manufacturing end to the process, allowing companies that bought in a license to produce their own console based on their specs. There were at lest two versions released.

I remember one of the games released by EA that wasn't a sports title: The Immortal which blazed a trail on Apple II GS , Sega Genesis, and NES.

EA since then has done lots of inscrupulous things.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last edited: