• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New bard here with a couple questions!

C

Coffin

So, I recently got my music and discord up to 120 on my tamer. Loving it. But I'm curious as to what you guys find discord to be the most useful on. We did a couple travesties last night and when I succeeded in discording him, it said that he shrugged off the effects, or something. He was still under discord, but I guess it was less effective? So that's what I'm wondering about. Is discord even worth it against the big peerless bosses? I haven't gone down to doom yet, and I'm curious if the doom bosses are the same way.

Love being a bard though, it's very powerful against most creatures.
Oh yeah, and how come there's no Fey slayer instruments!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
go do a tav without discoing it.

time it.

then do it again and time it.

you will see a drastic difference.
and count bandaids or count heals or whatever you are using.

it goes a lot faster.

example.
we went in to do a lady mel with 3 greaters and a beetle mare combo.
took a while.
no one died.

went in, disco, same set up with three greaters and a beetle mare.
mel was dead and we where out and we still had the keys to get in on us.
they hadnt expired.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
cause the dev's hate us bards cause they know we rule the game!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I recently got my music and discord up to 120 on my tamer. Loving it. But I'm curious as to what you guys find discord to be the most useful on. We did a couple travesties last night and when I succeeded in discording him, it said that he shrugged off the effects, or something. He was still under discord, but I guess it was less effective? So that's what I'm wondering about. Is discord even worth it against the big peerless bosses? I haven't gone down to doom yet, and I'm curious if the doom bosses are the same way.

Love being a bard though, it's very powerful against most creatures.
It is not recommended to discord travesty. Simply becourse she morphs often into players and copying them. When she/it/he (?) starts to discord the attacking players/pets its getting really nasty.

Aside from that ... it is worth against all (high end) critters.

Fey slayer is unique to one artifact and not available in any other way.

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you need slayer instruments to disco spawn champs etc? can u do it with npc bought ones? is there any difference?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your 120/120 music and disco you can do it with EX player made ones.

you get a bonus while using a slayer is all.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
cause i was bored i went to the barding calculator and checked the following for ya.

120/120 with NPC instrament = 10%
120/120 with EX instrament = 20%
120/120 with demon slayer = 30%

nuff said?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually I would go for/with exceptional player made instruments. They have more charges and give you a 10% bonus to all barding actions/succes chances.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

even this is the false forum^^

The effects of Discordance is halved on creatures with a barding difficulty of 160 (a bard with 120 discord normally debuffs a creature by 28%. However, against a creature that has a barding difficulty of 160.0, the bard will debuff the creature by 14% and see the message "your enemy seems to shake off some of the effects of your discordance". [publish 28]).

this is why the message showed up.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even this is the false forum^^

The effects of Discordance is halved on creatures with a barding difficulty of 160 (a bard with 120 discord normally debuffs a creature by 28%. However, against a creature that has a barding difficulty of 160.0, the bard will debuff the creature by 14% and see the message "your enemy seems to shake off some of the effects of your discordance". [publish 28]).

this is why the message showed up.
I believe it is even less than that. A while ago, I lored a mel. then discoed her. then lore again. Disco had lowered her skills and resistances by 1 point.
Yes. 1 point.
240 skill points invested and they went down by 1 point.

R

Rainfo X

Dang so what I'm hearing is Disco sux against 160 difficulty monsters?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i used search-option, because i wanted to know something about dicord too and remembered the sane post in the beggarforum, didnt know that the same post is here in bardforum too^.

the info about discord is from the stratics news site, just copied it from the skillsection.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dang so what I'm hearing is Disco sux against 160 difficulty monsters?
i know the numbers only show a minimal change, but youll notice the difference if you do a lot of them.

at first i thought it was crappy and a waste, but we noticed a MASSIVE change in how long it takes to do them without the disco on.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I believe it is even less than that. A while ago, I lored a mel. then discoed her. then lore again. Disco had lowered her skills and resistances by 1 point.
Yes. 1 point.
240 skill points invested and they went down by 1 point.
im in doing a narvey as i type this.

disco is hitting her for 14 accross the board.
14 in each resist
and 14% in all skills.

and she is a 160 barding diff mob

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there are only a couple of mobs that 'shrug off' disco