• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed New Banner on stratics.com/community

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ugh. i hate the new banners you guys are doing on stratics.com/community. the reason i dislike them is because they are variable length and on my laptop the first banner is 4 lines then the 2nd banner is 6 lines. this causes the rest of the page to shift accordingly. meaning the links move around on the screen. very annoying. can you please make the banners a fixed length so the links don't jump around?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
oh, i see where i can stop the banner from scrolling. but it seems to reset each time i visit the page.

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok guys, I get that you are trying to improve the site. But remember my issue with mobile links bouncing? Well, by allowing the article box to appear before links and having it change sizes as the articles cycle through, trying to click a link on mobile is a losing carnival game. Talk about a moving target!

Please institute a fixed size constraint on the article container!

Thanks for listening....

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i posted about this same issue on the 'stratics forum' page. if you look at the bottom center of the article box there is a clicky that will stop the scrolling. but when you hop between various forums and return to the main community page the scrolling resumes. i hope the stratics team can fix this.

Reactions: Vor

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have passed this on to the team, thanks for letting us know about your issues.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Guys and Gals, to help get issues like this noticed, in the future can you please put them in the Stratics Support section. http://stratics.com/community/categories/stratics-support.1006/ We have forums for Bugs and for suggestions and ideas.

This will help get them noticed quickly as the Staff will not have to sort through all the other Topics.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
ugh. i hate the new banners you guys are doing on stratics.com/community. the reason i dislike them is because they are variable length and on my laptop the first banner is 4 lines then the 2nd banner is 6 lines. this causes the rest of the page to shift accordingly. meaning the links move around on the screen. very annoying. can you please make the banners a fixed length so the links don't jump around?
Thanks for the report and we will look into it and correct the issue.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok guys, I get that you are trying to improve the site. But remember my issue with mobile links bouncing? Well, by allowing the article box to appear before links and having it change sizes as the articles cycle through, trying to click a link on mobile is a losing carnival game. Talk about a moving target!

Please institute a fixed size constraint on the article container!

Thanks for listening....
We will work on that, thanks for the report! Also, the forums are Tapatalk enabled, which provides a much better just interface on phones. You can download Tapatalk for free on smartphones.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Okay it is now fixed. The automatic slider is disabled, so the size of the banner does not change, which was what was causing the issue. I'm still working on getting a fixed banner size so that we can restore the automatic slideshow, but the problem that was reported is now resolved.