• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Armor new arrived lot of Legendaries! END TODAY!

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi,

i have a bunch of items now for sale on Atlantic.
no reserves but i will not sell an item when the price doesn´t sound right.
End of this Auction will be Thursday 9pm EST

items.jpg

thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Peekay @DJAd

Thx for the bids but I cannot let these got for 5 mil.

sorry for not setting reserves I thought when the usual bidding start it will not be needed.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bad "auction". Wont be participating in the future. Especially when I buy similar and even better pieces to #19 for near same prices every other day on vendor search.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sir, sorry that i was rude but the instructions in the post clearly state that I won't sell if the price dont feel right for me which is my right.

I will add reserves to my future auctions.

It is fine for me that you will not further participate in my auctions as this is exactly what I want after you called my action "bad"

Therefore please do not post again in my auctions.

Last but not least I could only recommend that u should buy the "better" items you mentioned in your post then u don't need to **** talk other peoples business.

All others please feel free to submit your bids as this auction will end tomorrow.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
@Keith of Sonoma
I don't understand your post sorry.

Which item are u interested in?

What he means is many people post items for sale and dont put how much they want a reserve price, it would be nice for example if you put the minimum you would take on each item. so we could bid or not bid accordingly, often on stratics for some weird reason people put ill sell if i like price, What is that price exactly so i know whether is hould bid or not. Often I just move on like many other people.

I have however bid higher for something then i would normally that had a reserve

Its very irritating to buyers to see i will sell if i like the price. just my two cents

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Make an offer on an item if you want it. If the seller doesn't like it you can always make a counter offer.

"Bad Auction" and "no reserves". Give me a frickin' break! What a joke!:sad2:

It cuts both ways...

Sellers have to put up with constant low ball offers on a market that is saturated with items and a declining playerbase.

As a buyer...if you want an item why not ask yourself the question "What am I willing to pay for it?" and then make that offer" that way you can sleep easy knowing you put your best foot forward. No buyers don't do that because they want the lowest price possible, yet complain when the seller wants a value for his item by not putting in reserves and having no one bid.:rolleyes:

People don't post items on Trader's Hall to sell for 1 -5M. :pie:

If people are going to offer 1-5M on items I post I'll just throw it on my bleeping vendor or toss it the trash.

I imagine other sellers feel the same...

If your a buyer and want an item make a decent offer, instead of crying foul when the seller refuses a paltry 5M offer.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the reason why i dont put it a reserve is that i wanted to give all the chance to bid, even if someone bids me 1 mil i will still consider it and dont cry around uhh what a lowballer. for me myself i also bid sometimes low when i dont really need an item right away but i may use it for a cheap suit for returners or people who are not gifted with billions. but if the seller decline this its OK for me. this also has the benefit that if the seller want to have the items gone he can make a fast mil instead of no one buying the item at all.

in the end i feel with @HoneythornGump as my opinion is not so far away.

btw, there are still items not sold, find prices below:

1. 10m
4. 35m
rest 1m each

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Make an offer on an item if you want it. If the seller doesn't like it you can always make a counter offer.

"Bad Auction" and "no reserves". Give me a frickin' break! What a joke!:sad2:

It cuts both ways...

Sellers have to put up with constant low ball offers on a market that is saturated with items and a declining playerbase.

As a buyer...if you want an item why not ask yourself the question "What am I willing to pay for it?" and then make that offer" that way you can sleep easy knowing you put your best foot forward. No buyers don't do that because they want the lowest price possible, yet complain when the seller wants a value for his item by not putting in reserves and having no one bid.:rolleyes:

People don't post items on Trader's Hall to sell for 1 -5M. :pie:

If people are going to offer 1-5M on items I post I'll just throw it on my bleeping vendor or toss it the trash.

I imagine other sellers feel the same...

If your a buyer and want an item make a decent offer, instead of crying foul when the seller refuses a paltry 5M offer.
"Sellers have to put up with constant low ball offers on a market that is saturated with items and a declining playerbase." In a fair amount of cases those are not "Low Ball" offers. Those offers reflect CURRENT MARKET VALUE, based on the very reasons you stated above. :) Also, as a SELLER, you have a pretty good idea want you want for an item, IN YOUR POSSESSION. Let people know. Just my 2 cents worth.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Items 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - I will pay 15m for all six jewels. Let me know through ICQ if this is alright.

"Sellers have to put up with constant low ball offers on a market that is saturated with items and a declining playerbase." In a fair amount of cases those are not "Low Ball" offers. Those offers reflect CURRENT MARKET VALUE, based on the very reasons you stated above. :) Also, as a SELLER, you have a pretty good idea want you want for an item, IN YOUR POSSESSION. Let people know. Just my 2 cents worth.
"no reserves but i will not sell an item when the price doesn´t sound right."

Finley said that in his first post. If there was an item you wanted, then you should've bid on it and said "is this an acceptable offer?". Maybe he would've taken it, maybe he would've asked for another few million or something. Is it so hard to barter? Maybe it's just me, but that's part of the fun with respect to the UO economy and these Stratics auctions. Reserves aren't needed on every auction.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Keith of Sonoma thanks for making clear your point, nevertheless it is not my point.
to be honest iam not always sure about the value of an item, and when you say you are (from sellers perspective) i dont believe you as i see it here quite often that an item today is going for 10 but tomorrow something in my eyes pretty similiar go for 100.

so guess what will happen? on a "100m" day all goes fine and iam lucky the reserve is met but on a "10m" day the item with 75m reserve or so no one will look at. = i loose buiness because maybe someone felt to bid 50 but didn do it because there is 75 reserve. i will not risk this only that your kind feel better.

i dont give a crap if i may have gotten 20% more just because there is a high reserve. i want that i get my items sold for a price me and my customer can live with, also i would say all of my customers say that my prices are fair. if you want prices like at the supermarket use vendor search.

if i want an item i offer what its worth to me, that can be 5 or 500mil in the end the seller has to agree or not.

@Merlin iam happy to sell you the jewels. just icq me.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keith of Sonoma thanks for making clear your point, nevertheless it is not my point.
to be honest iam not always sure about the value of an item, and when you say you are (from sellers perspective) i dont believe you as i see it here quite often that an item today is going for 10 but tomorrow something in my eyes pretty similiar go for 100.

so guess what will happen? on a "100m" day all goes fine and iam lucky the reserve is met but on a "10m" day the item with 75m reserve or so no one will look at. = i loose buiness because maybe someone felt to bid 50 but didn do it because there is 75 reserve. i will not risk this only that your kind feel better.

i dont give a crap if i may have gotten 20% more just because there is a high reserve. i want that i get my items sold for a price me and my customer can live with, also i would say all of my customers say that my prices are fair. if you want prices like at the supermarket use vendor search.

if i want an item i offer what its worth to me, that can be 5 or 500mil in the end the seller has to agree or not.

@Merlin iam happy to sell you the jewels. just icq me.
No worries. Just a difference of opinion. :)