• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Account and "The Stygian Abyss"

O

ookywooky

Hi there!

After many years, I found my way back to UO - and I decided to start anew. After one week, I have to say: Yeah, that's it!

First I've created a test-account and after one week, I switched to paying monthly - now its a "retail account".
BUT ingame, many looted items need "the stygian abyss" expansion to be installed.

I use the enhanced client - and in the windows-title (when the client runs) I can find the words "The stygian abyss".
What exactly do I need to do, to be able to create me a gargoyle and to use the new items etc..?
-> On Origin I've found two "The stygian abyss" items: One including 30 days playtime and one, which is an update.

Do I need to buy this update? (About € 15,--) -> If yes, do I need to install something then, or will it be activated by providing a key within my account-management-site?

.. and I think, that I don't need this 30 days, because I have already a subscritpion running since yesterday.
I hope somebody can help me with this - I really enjoy playing UO again - and this time I'll play for a loooong time :)
Thank you!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi, and welcome home. You need the upgrade code which will, as you surmised, activate the content when applied to your account with no further download.

O

ookywooky

ok, everything's done. And it works :)
Thank you for your help!