• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Never Hire a Goblin Landscaper! (Summer Deco Contest)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As everyone who knows me knows, I have a black thumb when it comes to anything dealing with plants, flowers, gardens, etc. So, this year, when it came time to decorate the vendor house roof for summer, I decided to hire a landscaper. The little guy came highly recommended and I was just relieved not to have to deal with it. *Sigh* However, I guess a goblin’s idea of fun summer garden and everyone else’s is a little far apart. This is what I got for my gold.
Roof.png
While I’m sure this is the height of Goblin gardening, it leaves a bit to be desired for a vendor house in the middle of Luna!

The Friday Night Hunt crew is calling all decorators and gardeners for help! Show us your best designs and you can be rewarded handsomely.

The rules are simple –
  • Designs must be a max size of 10 x 10.
  • Designs must reflect a summer or spring theme of some sort.
  • All designs must be submitted no later than August 1st.
  • All houses should be public with access to the decorated area.
  • If your house is in Fel and security is a concern, we can make arrangements to meet.
  • You should put a rune to your house and a book with your toon’s name and either Discord or ICQ contact information in a bag.
  • Bags can be dropped in the mailbox at the Luna Vendor house. Step on the teleporter on the front stoop to tele up to the roof to the mailbox.
SPECIAL NOTE – We don’t want to leave anyone out so if you do not have a house to do this with, contact us for alternative options.

Location.png
Prizes will be awarded for the top three designs –

1st place – 50 Million in gold + a Garden Shed (veteran reward item)
2nd place – 25 Million in gold + a Decorative Farm Set (UO Store item)
3rd place – 10 Million in gold + a Set of Raised Garden beds (UO Store item)

A panel of impartial judges is being assembled and will be made public as soon as we can wrangle them in.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hmm meez no sure aboot da ground eiber. Dere sand dere instead ob mud. Meez nerg uh kitty kat - meez dunt lik da sandy peez nerg guud fur mornin facialz. hmmm luukz lik yooz got uh grey goblin to dooz it. Demz kinda umm dumb. Yooz want uh green goblin wif flappie slabez to dooz wurk uhround yooz houze.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Our roster of Judges for the Summer Deco Contest have now been finalized. Many thanks to - EM Obsidian, Judas, William and Bytor for agreeing to participate! Can't wait to see the entries!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just a quick reminder that entries are due by August 1. You have about two weeks left to get your entries in! If you need a plot to decorate, I have placed a house with four floor and four plots set out. Anyone needing one is welcome to one, first come first served. All items will be returned after the contest. Good luck and can't want to see these beautiful gardens!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You got off easy I think. Some Goblins decorated [placed garbage everywhere] my castle one day long ago while I was away.
There are still areas that smell like rotted turnip and fish.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
HUGE congratulations to our winners!

1st place - Katriel StarSong She wins 50 Million in gold + a Garden Shed (veteran reward item)

2nd place - Zinnia/Louve She wins 25 Million in gold + a Decorative Farm Set (UO Store item)

3rd place - Shae Dragonclaw/Jaden Raine She wins 10 Million in gold + a Set of 3 Raised Garden beds or 2 Field Garden Beds (UO Store item)

I have set up a channel in the Friday Night Hunt discord with all of the entries and will post a video once it's ready for upload. Join the UO Friday Night Hunts & More Discord Server!