• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nervous breakdown...

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hiya All,

This is my first review of what I think since I have got back... need to get it off the chest or I will leave the game as its creating discomfort in me...

Please lets go back to bloody simple swordsman and archery, get rid off all the Chiv and Bushido bollocks, although yeah you make more damage or defend more, its a F'ing hassle, I want to enjoy the game and kill a monster and I find myself more concentratimg on what spell to cast or buff to create than to hit the monster.... maybe I got a short attention span or I am just a really **** player (If its the 2nd) then maybe I have to consider to leave the game.... the reward is not as nice as it should be. Being less people in the game, I think the spells should be powered up or the loot made better. I know this could go onto another talk about skill gain/rewards and loot, but its true as i have seen that only a selected few get the good items and rares to be powerfull in the game, I am sure theres lots that think you are strong but tell you this the top 10 whip our ass... yeah they been here maybe over 12 years that why, but the gap is getting to big. I notice that to be able to have a decent suit, not a freebie, but a one that can hold some fight and give some hope, we are talking 50Mil upwards, Now if you dont cheat and buy gold of the sites, who the hell is someone supposed to get that??? This is a paying game, if the people dont see rewards for REAL MONEY they pay, well like i say, they leave the game, as 1 theres is very small support really, Me, my guild, RAA and a few others that we all know and thats all the help in game. Lots of people have asked me why there is less people, well one, maybe the price is a bit high to subscribe with various acc, as in 1 acc u cannot have all the builds, which cause 2 options: to stay and play and make a 2nd acc or just leave for another game with easier options to skill or unlimited char space, Point 2, Item cost stupidly high for new ones and if u even decided to want to buy it, well go outside the game for gold, so another spendeture, I see here that unless you got a nice job or stable income, its all negative here, unless u become IMOC or whoever u call them, and u sell houses, which beats the point on this game, as it aint a real estate selling game... sorry that my points come across harsh and hard, but i have been these last few weeks trying to create a semi decent char and i get no where. There is lots of info about builds and stuff, but where is the explanation on how to link the macros or spells together, its nice looking at Mystic book or necro book, but the people who start need a guide on how to to kill, not how to build, we need to know exact times for spell casting, which to link with one or another....
Maybe its just me having a really bad day and being very pessimistic.... or maybe the Guild work is getting to me and i am noticing I aint enjoying the game anymore, or maybe just cant cope with a responsbility and me not be able to train or skill... *** knows, excuse me language but i am a bit upset as u can see, seems that my motto for the Guild, works for all of them but not me...

'''Help and be helped''

Anywasy going to head to bed, see if sleeping clears my mind and bad energy, but i wouldnt wanna say goodbye soo quickly after achiving soo much in such little time.... we will see how time goes.... Sorry if anyone felt offended or anything, but like i said before, its better out and me have a better head, than keep it in and dissapear.

And too all new players, whatever you do, make the tamer your last build, when get a GD u will start to rely on it and unless u got another char, the game can be spoilt for you very quickly.

Ok peace out and have a good game, and please someone help me with some guiding, I maybe a leader of a Guild, but i consider myself a newbie still, as i cant even make a bloody build right..... RARRRRR!!!

nIGHT PEOPLE

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame that you're not enjoying it so much! I have to agree the sheer amount of things to do/skills to train/gear to obtain is beyond me now and I've been following the game pretty consistently for years, must be overwhelming for someone who comes to the game as a new or returning player.

I have never been a 'power gamer' of any sort, I'm happy trying things out for a while and forming my own opinion on what works quite well, which is always changing with new content released in the game. Never paid big bucks for a suit, never paid cash for gold, I'll save up from whatever I can sell in game and gather resources to craft my own armour & weapons mostly. For a perfectionist who must have the best combination of skills, equipment etc this game must be very frustrating as there is no defined goal, and a build which is perfect for one situation will be useless in another (even the good old standard greater dragon which I've got bored of in the last year) however for someone like me who is happy with 90% of perfection, there's looooooooads you can do, I can take down a lot of champs and peerless on my own without ever having perfected a character.

Hope you can find whatever will allow you to enjoy the game again, even though it's not the original game you might remember, there's still a lot of fun to be had with it :)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Your replied has helped a lot, I just think last night I got overwhelmed with stress, anxiety, lack of sleep and also personal stuff happening in life and me not centering that idea in a positive manner and having a cry about it...... Sorry for all that had to read this, I am slighly ashamed of myself, but i think my thought was better out than in, as then I can be replied and calmed down... I love the game more than you think, if not it wouldnt of come back and stayed and tried to get my old friends who used to play back. I think I underestimated, what I had missed from all the years back when I played. The game has come forward a long since then with new templates and skills emerging, I just need to read more and train more really and less crying like I did. Although I dont take back, the old standard warrior, with no support magic(Chiv or Necro), I miss a lot, as it was just you and your skill to heal quick enough and have a good weapon and simple decent gear back then, Its been made more complicated but I do see why, although sometimes I dont agree with it because it creates such a class barrier between the players. Also before when there were 1000s, when you went an killed a peerless for example, there would be like 30 people, so the gear didnt have to be optimal, now its a must have to be doing soloing, which for me is something new also, I always hunted in a group, rarely was I wondering around alone. I feel this more for NEW players really, the returing have already the idea or basis of the game. I just feel really sorry for them at the start as it will take them a long time to be at a good level or I see them spending big amounts of cash. I hope this clarifies a bit, what was mentioned before, was very late at night and the feelings were out... sorry again for any offense anyone has taken.

Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't be disheartened. You really don't have to have a 50 mil suit. I don't. All my suits are made from crafted items and minor arties that I got myself. Likewise my weapons. I have a tailor/smith and an imbuer.
You don't have to have uber kit to have fun, you don't have to be able to solo a champ. You don't even have to have chiv and bushido if you don't want to.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to agree with Petra. I did spend around 200m on my new templates suit, but 100m of that was on one item (slither), and another 70 was on two items. Without those I'd not be as effective, true, but not massively so.

You could imbue up a pretty decent suit for a few mill that would let you begin to gather up those better items yourself, or raise the funds to purchase them. Lower end runics, like copper, can be used to make some nice reforged weapons too as a base. My template relies on 100% Hit Life Leech weapons for example, which, after initial trouble making, are pretty easy now with copper runics (i think). But you'd not even need that. My template now a pure paladin, no bushido etc, but lacks healing. With healing you could easily do without a 100% HLL weapon. It just depends on what you find fun.

My template relies pretty much on just 4 or 5 "spells". Two of which I only use in dire circumstances (paladin heal and cure poison). My Mystic Dexxer before didn't use many more skills, and as far a I'm aware a sampire doesn't use a huge number either. I've made Sampires before, but never used them. So can't be sure.

So while it is more complicated than back in the day, it's nothing compared to some other games! Don't get disheartened and scared off. It may take you a while to get to grips with it, but you'll understand it sooner or later. There are many kindly people about who will offer much help and assistance. Not just here but in game too. Try attending one of the RAA meetings at 6pm each night at Brit Bank. Good folks there, always willing to help.

Imbueing and reforging can be complicated at first glance, but as you begin to use them I'm confident you'll pick it up quickly. If you ever need any help with it, or the warrior skills, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to help you out.

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Just one question: if you are not a power gamer why do you need the most efficient gear? For example on a mage I have enjoyed the game with a really lesser suit to the full extent

Scenic Nevins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya All,

1)
Please lets go back to bloody simple swordsman and archery, get rid off all the Chiv and Bushido bollocks, although yeah you make more damage or defend more, its a F'ing hassle, I want to enjoy the game and kill a monster and I find myself more concentratimg on what spell to cast or buff to create than to hit the monster.... maybe I got a short attention span or I am just a really **** player (If its the 2nd) then maybe I have to consider to leave the game....

2)
the reward is not as nice as it should be. Being less people in the game, I think the spells should be powered up or the loot made better.

3)
I see here that unless you got a nice job or stable income, its all negative here, unless u become IMOC or whoever u call them, and u sell houses, which beats the point on this game, as it aint a real estate selling game...

4)
Maybe its just me having a really bad day and being very pessimistic.... or maybe the Guild work is getting to me and i am noticing I aint enjoying the game anymore, or maybe just cant cope with a responsbility and me not be able to train or skill...

nIGHT PEOPLE

Even tho I sympathize with a lot in your post, I have to just quick reply to a couple of things:

1)
You don't have to do chiv or bush or those kinds of skills. I used to think the same thing that you are nowdays, but after actually acknowledging that UO pre pub 16 is dead, and dropping the competition need a few notches, I found great pleasure in the game, yet again. I could use the templates Im running a whole lot different then I am, but I do what's easy and manageable for me now.
Find pleasure in the road to success more then the prize itself.

2)
Honestly, I find spells to powerfull in a lot of cases. Every boss can be fairly easy beaten down now. And I see many go afk with a parked sampire to just harvest loot. I'd say lower the individual characters abilities, and make us more rely on group play.

3)
That's actually what I love with UO. It CAN be a real estate game. You can also be a farmer. Once in my old uo days I even made a living as doing interior decoration for others. The ways to success or gold are endless... only your imagination can put an end to it. And in my opinion that's what kept this game alive through all these years. I love what you can do ingame, if you want.

4)
I think your in the wrong guild/alliance. I struggled a bit to find a suitable space for me. But I found it, and I'm enjoying the game more then in many many years now.

And..yes I absolutely HATE a lot of UO 2014, compered to what the game was. And Im never gonna let all of it go, but it is what it is. People get used to their habbits, their rutine. And that's what they expect all the time. But break it, let it go, and rediscover the game over again and enjoy it. 1997 is gone, we cant change that.

FingersMcSteal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My toon is still wearing the same things from about 2007, I struggle with mongbats ;) but I feel your pain.

My account only goes to ML content and pretty much all the craft menus have things I can't make now, if I wanted to 'upgrade' to the current levels I'd have to spend a fortune to do that just on the expansions which I think now in this day & age should be free to do so.

I've recently returned myself, lost an old keep with lots of important things i'll never replace.

I kind of just wander round at the moment because theres not many places I can go now without risking death from what used to be the simple things before all these changes.

Weird thing is I'm kind of happy to be back but it's taking some getting used to the way things are now. Stick with it is all I can say ;)

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me knoews what you are saying. Thing is, gameds move on an as we get old it harder for us oldies to win v youngsters hehe.

I says: Either OSI get back P15 shards or go to a big other thingy shard. I cant say it ehre cos Stwatics ban me alltimes.

ORRRRRs: Make a new build wiht the new skillds an elarn learn learns it.