nerf herders and gold famer fix

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Saris

I think we should ban from stratics anyone that calls for a template nerf.

Not realy but damn you guys, from now on before posting for a nerf post how the problem affects you in game.

that all you guys do in here UO tamer vs UO sampre vs UO archer vs UO pvpmage

that all you do is have one main in you account or accounts?

For the record I have been in a odd mood last few days but I dont think I am to harsh, the DEV read some of this BS and I dont want them to change the game cause of it.

Saris thinks you should go nerf yourselfs, and if this applies to you then flame away and tell me why I am wrong but if it don't apply to you post anyway its a free country.

to fix gold farmes to avoid this BS, make trogs harder and crack down on gold farms with some banning and if you buy gold then you must support the painted cave scripers. If we dont buy it they wont farm it.

I dont care personal about the economy in game, ill be ok me thinks.

They were gonna fix the item thing once but we bitched and said it was too complicated of a change and out it went.

anyway good morning

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
SLC
What you call nerfing........ I call balancing the game.

It's not the player's fault that the short sighted Devs add stuff into the game that shouldn't be added or should be run through QA a few more times before being released to live shards.

S

Saris

First its been in game WAAAAY to long to remove completley and I still dont see Sampires as an issue realy its solo a pvm build.

and 2nd ....la yourself

L

Limlight

1. I dont want a complete nerf of the Sampire...I just want one of two things.
A. For SS to effect Vamp form like it does Wraith Form
B. For Vamp form to be maintained, some form of 99 skill must exist. Whether real or jewelry.

2. If they make it so specials have a cool down, that would be enough of a nerf for archers that it would be sufficient...or if they make Moving shot a dismounted skill (like when they nerfed the lance)

3. Tamers need to have the Greater Dragons nerfed somehow. Although, I dont know how you could do it. Seriously, why do tamers get a new pet every 2 months...but thieves get nothing in 5 years?

S

Saris

I do agree about the timer thing on alot more skills like anything that does damnage and paras you.

I still don't think sampire are exploiting or overpowered, I just think most ppl dont change or update thier temps to take advantage of changes in a 11 year old game.

However I don't think req SS would nerf anyone, I dont run healing but by swaping out anat and replacing it with SS, I would do a little less damage but would have better healing and if they raised the leech at 120 I would be more effective than ever.

S

Saris

BTW my other hair this pick is right before I went back into the ARMY lol

...anti la :p

L

Limlight

I do agree about the timer thing on alot more skills like anything that does damnage and paras you.
Yup

I still don't think sampire are exploiting or overpowered, I just think most ppl dont change or update thier temps to take advantage of changes in a 11 year old game.
Exploiting? No
Overpowered for skill needed? Yes
Like I said, the Wrath Form leach affected mages...so the it should affect warriors too...agree?

However I don't think req SS would nerf anyone, I dont run healing but by swaping out anat and replacing it with SS, I would do a little less damage but would have better healing and if they raised the leech at 120 I would be more effective than ever.

Then you shouldnt care if they nerf it like we are suggesting.
If the required SS wouldnt nerf anyone then why would you be against switching?
I still think it should be that the skill is needed for the spell to stay in effect.
Just like I think you should need the required amount to stay in Wraith form or Horrific Beast form or in Reaper Form.

Its not like I am all about a complete nerf. I also want SS to leach mana from the corpse and not just hp...

S

Saris

lol I still have this

Wraiths drain mana from a mob and hp at the same time reducing the spell casting ability(noticed from my mage leeching mel)

VE does not harm the opponet in any way just returns the damage you do.

The extra effect of mana drain is why you need SS but a vamp?

Its not your posting that upset me its the fact that most want you to need the skill to cast it and not form items. Whats the point of skill items then?

I will support your idea though I think it may make sammies more powerfull.
this will cause them to nerf something else about them in the future lol.

I know it dont seem that way but alot of steps are taken to ballance the skills and I am just not sure most ppl can come up with a solution without making more problems.

In the other post I was in a bad mood sorry.

L

Limlight

Well, I want SS HP leached cut in half...but the other half to go to MP.

Wraiths dont drain MP...like Vamp Form

and Vamp Form also gets the bonus basically making 120 resist. It resists all lvl 1-4 of poison.

You also get something like 5 SR and 3 MR

So...
Life Leach
Completely immune to lvl 1-4 poison
5 SR
3 MR

That is a mighty hefty bonus when you dont even have the skill.

Also, this wasnt mentioned...if I go wraith form...I move at a dismounted pace....you on the other hand move at a mounted speed.

If Vamp Form made it a dismounted form like Wraith or Lich then I might be ok with just that change.

How would you like it if SW had a form bonus that gave me an additional:
30 LRC
Completely immune to Mortal Strike Concussion Blow
5 MR
3 HPR
And this form could be cast with skill and then the benefits kept when I took of jewelry or soulstoned it off.

Poison is a perfect spell for mages to keep warriors from healing as fast....yet unless I have 100 poison REAL SKILL...your NO REAL SKILL FORM defeats my magery. So thats why I used Mortal and Concussion as they are a weakness of mages.

Lastly, I dont mind how you have the skill. It can be with jewelry as long as you have it.

S

Saris

lol also in pvp this would make a painfull painfully powerfull warrior if one has 100 necro and 120 ss, I did some testing and found that dexer bush parry ninjas are alot eier to kill if you can wither and pain spike with good timing while para them with a no-dachi and belive it or not its not that hard to bump your mana pretty high

S

Saris

wow I played for bit a found 3 new insane temps lol.
I may play a death knight soon in UO

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
cowboyland
Why can't they, for a change, bring other skills up a little if they find that something really needs to be balanced? I think it was really stupid to add power scrolls when they realized that most skills had been nerfed to the point that grandmaster was about what journyman should be. Make GM skills mean something instead of having to scroll up to legendary to be what GM used to be.

S

Saris

The funny thing is it all start in stratics lol, but then again i wonder still classes fight to nerf each other, I mean who plays just one class?

But the thing is all classes can be made over powering with the proper planning and they all have their strong points and weak ones, to me that is balance.

L

Limlight

Yeah, PS' s were implemented terrbibly.

1. Magery shouldnt be only chance to cast.

I think GM Mage should give you 100% chance to cast everything and that the only reason to increase magery is for either extra damage or the effects to be increased...like your summons are stronger...your bless is better..

EI should be completely SDI based like it is.

N

Nenime

This discussion is very interesting to follow. But it ain't the first and it won't be the last.
Just keep in mind that a lot of players don't read forums. And being hit unexpected by a nerf when you spent months or years to build up a powerfull char by clever use of skill/equipment... well, I presume this could be the reason for them to finally quit UO.