• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Nemisis Strikes MOA.

• Thread starter Nemisis67
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
N

Nemisis67

What turned into a great start to there auction, Turned into a fun filled night of terror. Intent filled with making the night fun for everyone, Nemisis ,Myself , Bought to my own expense 23 harbringer crystals an popped then in a half hours time together. Under the guise of a vengeful banned member i roleplayed my little vendetta. Many of the more serious people didn't like the idea but from the midst of this event i asked for feedback. People liked it, Saying it was fun, That they got items such as , Imbuables, Items to unravel, an there were a total of 11 Con garbs, 4 with luck that were dropped. So i posting here so i can get even more feedback. Good or Bad, I see that after the harbringers they had even more people there was it good or bad?

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion is if its not acknowledged maybe you should start reading the rules. If MOA is not sponsoring you or called for you to spawn these monsters you fit below this line...
Here I'll post it for you.

ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE RULES OF CONDUCT
While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.
IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY ELECTRONIC ARTS. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

There are 24 rules you broke the last one

1. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED TO USE, OR HAS ACCESS TO USE YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER ID. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES, WHICH COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO WARNINGS, SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATIONS OF YOUR ACCOUNT BASED ON THE VIOLATION OR ACCOUNT HISTORY RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKING THESE RULES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY ELECTRONIC ARTS FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED ACCESS TIME THAT YOU HAVE REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.
IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, ELECTRONIC ARTS MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE ULTIMA ONLINE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT ELECTRONIC ARTS MAY HAVE MADE.
YOU AGREE TO READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AT ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main.

Do yourself a favor and find some other way to entertain your sanity in the game... :loser:

N

Nemisis67

Well, The only thing about that rule is:
While it is not legal to make the game harder or even more diffcult. Everyone that DIED willingly came outside of MOA auction an into a OPEN access channel which wasnt owned by MOA. I did my part in making the harbringers happen but from what im gathering from in game. The only people that had a problem with it were the ones inside. Everyone else enjoyed it an as such isnt grounds for termination. I didnt break the spawn rule due to the fact i did not lure or herd monsters there only summoned them an that isnt stated in the rules.

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For one try not to grief other players events. No I was not there. Find a place drop runes and books, saying what you are gonna do. Maybe in a dungeon some god awful place. Put some money on the line . I dunno use your imagination. If you would have advertised it you would have gotten alot of people to come. But I think you got what you were lookin for and don't really care. So all is good for you and that is what matters.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, The only thing about that rule is:
While it is not legal to make the game harder or even more diffcult. Everyone that DIED willingly came outside of MOA auction an into a OPEN access channel which wasnt owned by MOA. I did my part in making the harbringers happen but from what im gathering from in game. The only people that had a problem with it were the ones inside. Everyone else enjoyed it an as such isnt grounds for termination. I didnt break the spawn rule due to the fact i did not lure or herd monsters there only summoned them an that isnt stated in the rules.
Perhaps you have not read my post clearly it says
You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.

If there were players that went outside to kill off the harbingers it wasn't for your enjoyment. You know well enough that players need to come in and out from the bank to make payments to the auction house. In turn you are breaking the rules by interfering with others.
So getting a rise on the boards as well doesnt earn you a gold star. I kind of think that you are lacking attention. So I suppose the only way you'll get it is by doing something that is intentionally mischievous.

I wont speak more on this topic good luck to you and your game play.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People came out to get there pets since you summoned the harbingers in the group of animals outside.

And also not everyone ran out, alot were summoned by the harbinger , it does this randomly, and you know this

This is the second time you have done this at MOA...not sure if you have a beaf with them, but it sounds and looks it..

To me it was fun, but to many others its not, to each his own i guess....

And you posted in world chat you would keep spawning them if people did not stop killing them??.........

But i think if anyone was realy upset you would be on a 48 hour vacation, but then trying to get a GM in this game , who actualy plays it and has a clue is next to impossible...

Good luck on next week, hope your still around..

C

canary

I think many did not know if it was MOA who summoned those, but ty for clarifying.

Personally, I think it's not right to actively interrupt an event in such a manner if it has not been agreed to by both parties. I think your cache of crystals would be much better served working WITH MOA and sponsoring a night somewhere of this. That way, everyone wins.

A

Apples McGee

Noob you can't get luck robes from Harbringers. A noob and a liar.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Noob you can't get luck robes from Harbringers. A noob and a liar.
Exactly. The only way to get the luck robes was in saving those with the blue crystals... Killing the Harbringer only gets you the no luck robe.... very very rarely. So your boasts are not only false they are completely skewed.

Spreading lies about what you did will not endear you to anyone.

Interrupting an event in this manner should be a bannable offense. Infact purposefully trying to do harm to someones event should be a permanent ban..... not just a temp ban.

Pratt_MOA

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those of you who know myself and most of the MOA team know that very little rattles us. If a DISRUPTION ( because thats what it is ) occurs we sit back , make the best of it and give away some more gold to make up for the disturbance.
Should people have better things to do then try to interfere with a shard event or get attention by doing so ? How can you answer ?
Will it occur again? IT ALWAYS DOES.

We have a standard form we fill out , a gm page by one or two of us and eventually it gets handled.

Hope to keep seeing your faces at auction either way !
thanks

Pratt and the MOA Family