• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Neener Neener, we took your Factions !!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we, the guild of YAD are a small faction guild from Sonoma.

last year we set out on a world tour of factions.
we hit each shard, we take over factions and we meet new and interesting people and then..... well........ we kill them.

so sing it from the rooftops, the glory that is YAD is here, and we own your factions.

come one, come all, come for the glory of your shard and try to take them away from us!!!

on a side note, nice little shard you have here, some nice people we have run into allready.

G

And to further note, while folks where typing in the forums about playing factions on napa, we were actually playing factions on napa...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
G

Thats akin to saying "I'm in your garbage can stealing your leftovers!" It's easy to steal something no one is even bothered with. I'm gonna have to stamp this one with [EPIC FAIL].

G

Lil FYI, last I knew the name Gooch was banned/pulled on one of our Napa players for it's "references". Ya may want to reconsider putting that chara in your spotlight of pictures Poo.

And I'll have to agree with Rog here, no one plays Factions here but 2 or 3 people.

G

Since COM is commanded by my newbie stealth assassin. (No kills). I don't think that your accomplishment is that great.

I

imported_Cysphruo

how old is that picture? minax has had the sigs for some time

G

<blockquote><hr>

how old is that picture? minax has had the sigs for some time

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost peed laughing. I said almost!!! Well...

B

Budweiser KDL

No one cares about factions. Now if you want to come to Napa and have something to brag about do a champ spawn in fel and annouce it to everyone at yew gate fel befor you start it, then if you actually finish your spawn you can boast about it here. Otherwise what you have done in factions was take over something no one cared about without telling anyone it was being done. You really have nothing to be proud of. PM and i'll fight all four of the chars you show pictured. 4 v 1.

S

Sethblackmoore

Wow guys what a way to bust a poor guy down for trying to get ya to gather your friends and play factions with them. I don't think a bunch of flames was what Poo was looking for. I "think" he was trying to tease you all to go out fight in a faction. But who am I...I don't pvp or play factions. So flame on!

B

Budweiser KDL

No you don't understand. He's boasting about doing something in which no one knew he was doing nor cared anything about.
If he was trying to get people interested in rejoining factions maybe a better idea would to have been letting people know that he has a guild here for factions and invite people to fight them. Instead hes bragging about how his guild goes to diff shards take over factions meet people and kill them. After they alrdy did this on Napa(without letting anyone know). Though I doubt anyone would've cared.

Poos Quote:
<blockquote><hr>

we hit each shard, we take over factions and we meet new and interesting people and then..... well........ we kill them.

so sing it from the rooftops, the glory that is YAD is here, and we own your factions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So my point is he has done nothing except brag about doing nothing.

G

Well it's now known that YAD has a presence on the shard. Sigils are stealable again in a few days. It's been announced..... Now excuse me as I get back to training

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wow, ive never seen a shard with so many people in need of MIDOL!!!!!

its funny, we have done this on a couple shards now and have had just a hoot.
people come out, join up, we all run around and have a good time, we sit around afterwards and have some good laughs.

we even pick up people from the shards we have been too and they come along with us to the next one.

so im guessing that my humor was lost of a few of you.
a little too highlly twisted up im thinking.
thinking with your pvp gotta kill everyone head and not enough with the lets have fun head.

we started here last night.
sigs where stealable, so i took them.
3/4 people in the pic dont have any skills above 50.

ITS FOR FUN!

im guessing from the replys posted here fun is kinda a new thing for ya all.
at any rate, for anyone who dosnt consider themselves the ELITE of UO pvp and would like to come run around naked and die and just have some fun, come over to factions for a bit and play with us while we are here.
its allways a good bit of fun.

and for the fella that says he can take all of use show in the pic, icq me.
im sure something can be arranged where me and you can get together and we can measure our pixil *****.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on a side note, Budweiser, you still in KDL?

cause i am, hehehe

and one of the other people in that pic is the GM of the Great Lakes KDL.

just one of those funny things that was braught to my attention.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

No you don't understand. He's boasting about doing something in which no one knew he was doing nor cared anything about.
If he was trying to get people interested in rejoining factions maybe a better idea would to have been letting people know that he has a guild here for factions and invite people to fight them. Instead hes bragging about how his guild goes to diff shards take over factions meet people and kill them. After they alrdy did this on Napa(without letting anyone know). Though I doubt anyone would've cared.

Poos Quote:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So my point is he has done nothing except brag about doing nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nathan, Poo kind of got the jump on the rest of us in the guild. We've been quietly getting ready to do factions on Napa for a while now. I forwarded Poo a link to the other thread about factions that was in this forum a day or so ago and I guess the natural reaction was to see if we could pull off grabbing the sigils this weekend when they came up.

Yes, maybe there's not a lot to boast about at this point. But boasting about grabbing the towns isn't really what YAD is about. We are visiting a couple of shards to have fun with factions. We'd love to see a few people come out and join in the fun.

And if there are any KDL members still playing on Napa, please please let me know. We'd love it if you'd join us in TB on Napa. (Talos is here with us too.) Also, I'm still trying to hold together KDL on GL and if you want to do factions on GL under the KDL tag, just let me know and I'll guild you and get you accessed on the guild house there. (If you played in KDL on GL, you know me as Regina.) GL's been a bit quiet lately, but I've been talking to some of the other people there that are still active and they would be very happy if KDL came back in force on GL. (And apologies to the forum mod for my plugging another shard.)

B

Budweiser KDL

Hey Reg! No one left in KDL worth mentioning really...Trav gave the stone to me and I was thinking of quiting UO so I handed the guild over to Sym. At that point Lisa aka Juggs decided to talk a few people(including her husband) into voting for her to be GM of KDL. As soon as she was GM she booted all the vet KDL people out of the guild. She still has the Second KDL! Napa stone but its worthless at this point untill Trav comes back.(never)

As for GL I moved nathan back here and the Anthony account I was useing was sold...

As stated befor, Napa is a dead faction shard.

Anyways, glad to see you guys here. Poo, I'll still beat yer ars!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

Poo, I'll still beat yer ars!

[/ QUOTE ]

AH HA!

the joke is on you, cause i like that kinda stuff!!!!!!

wait a minute..... i didnt just say that in a public forum did i.....

hehe.
at any rate, we are here and we are looking for nothing more then to have some fun in factions.
if anyone would care to come and try it out, please do.
should ya need a helping hand, or even a walk through, let us know.

YAD was a grassroots guild stared by trammies who wanted to try out factions.
we still hold true to our roots and try to bring in as many people who would have never come to fel to play otherwise.

so if ya have ever had the urge to try it, come try it now with us..... we will be gentle.
and if ya need a nice walk through with pictures, go to the stratics SONOMA forum, at the top in the stickies is a Factions 101 post.
full of pictures and a basic guid to beginers factions.

come play with me.... i get lonelly when im left alone for too long

I

imported_Tina Small

Yeah, I talked to Joy about two weeks ago and found out what happened on Napa. Very sad. She was going to talk to Trav about the possibility of coming back after I told her there are some changes to factions coming up and you will soon be able to turn in all that stuff people have been collecting for two years. I also told her our house on GL has new neighbors (Grog and UltimaWidow who used to be in either Minax or SL but are now in TB grabbed the two house spots behind it when the houses that were there dropped.) Haven't heard any more from her though. As soon as she or Trav come back, I'll turn over that guild leader position on GL to one of them, if they still want it. A number of people there on GL really want KDL to come back and told me they'd move their chars back to GL if it happens.

We had some good times there and I definitely miss everyone. But I am having a ton of fun with Poo and the rest of my guildmates, so I can't complain. Hoping that we'll see some faction activity on Napa so I get to use the little trap remover I've been training. Such a fun fun skill to raise....

G

oh my...dont get so defensive napa. they just having a little fun

G

*blinks*

People still do factions? What an accomplishment! Not only did you capture all the city's, but you were the ONLY Guild doing factions.

You should be proud, I hope it was worth the gold and cash spent on transfer codes to challenge no one.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no transfer codes for me, i made my toons!

and we have been fighting all night at the TB base and its been a HOOT!

dead, pushhhhha, its alive!!!!!!!!!!

B

binkytheclown

Was good Fights Tonight in Brit , I had a Blast , General Maniac did too . We will try and field more peeps soon . Btw, General and myself are both Ex KDL. lol

See ya Soon.

MiNX guild, Minax Faction.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Was good Fights Tonight in Brit , I had a Blast , General Maniac did too . We will try and field more peeps soon . Btw, General and myself are both Ex KDL. lol

See ya Soon.

MiNX guild, Minax Faction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you guys play in KDL on Great Lakes? Do I know you? LOL

We had a great time last night and I'm looking forward to getting a few more characters finished and into factions.

Glad you guys came out and that you had fun too.

I

imported_The Sandman

WOW!!!!

I think its really great that we have a team that is having fun with Factions!! I still do from time to time.

Everyone must understand that if more people played factions and did some writing in here about it that EA would take note and maybe someday listen to us about what they can do to improve Factions. I have all kinds of ideas.....do any of you.

This will be my main subject on my "Shard Chatter" Show for May 9, 2008 at 10pm eastern/7pm Pacific on Whispering Rose Radio www.WRRad.com .

So your comments on this thread will be well noted and Poo if you have a mic I would love to bring you on the show to talk about your shard jumping exploits!!!

Thanks,
DJ Sandman

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

So your comments on this thread will be well noted and Poo if you have a mic I would love to bring you on the show to talk about your shard jumping exploits!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have one, so don't let him tell you he doesn't. I'd love to hear you interview Poo...he is unique!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

Poo if you have a mic I would love to bring you on the show to talk about your shard jumping exploits!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, ya, gee, see there's the problem right there.... im Canadian.

the FCC has rules about me talking on open airwaves.
ever since that long hot summers day.....

but seriouslly, i dont think anyone would be able to understand me, seeing as i speak REAL ENGLISH!
(buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurned - point for poo)

sorry, i play with a couple guys from texas and and we allways bug each other about our accents, eh.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry, forgot why i came here in the first place.

yes, last night was a HOOT.
we had a good time.
im VERY happy you guys had fun too.

i was getting worried that maybe we where coming on a little too heavy what with traps down and such.

we are proff. at this ya have to keep in mind, hehe.

im not sure how much longer we will be staying here on Napa.
we have had some fighting back on our home shard and the upcoming new changed might bring more fighting back on our home shard.

but either way, was definatlly some good fights last night and i hope to have some more again here real soon.

and remind me next time not to attack the non faction reds while im waiting for you guys, that turned out to be a pvp sandwich with Poo as the old meat..... mmmmm poo meat!

B

binkytheclown

No I was KDL long before Trav started Xferin all over the place .

G

id say they dozen traps are prolly a lil much.... but its still hard to keep my thief out even in stat loss........ as you found out

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

wait a f&amp;^(in min.....we have accents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Roflmao!

G

well... You got the towns... for now......... but the fight has only just started....... hope you got more silver for guards....... AHAHAHHA!! MANGLE MANGLE!!!!!!

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

id say they dozen traps are prolly a lil much.... but its still hard to keep my thief out even in stat loss........ as you found out

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah a persistent thief! My favorite kind!!! The question is though, are you a crazy thief too?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
good, cause nothing tastes better then crazy thieves!!!!

do you seriouslly want to know how much silver we bring with us in our war chest?
hehehehehhe.
it too bad they dont let you make silver into checks like they do gold.

where you the thief that i was chasing around on my tracker?
that was soooooooooooooooooo funny.
it was what.... a 5 minute run around in the courtyard?
i was laughing so hard.
i had no macros cause my darn UOassist hasnt patched, so all i had was tracking and detect.
then i was finally able to get the e-bolt icon up.

that was a hoot.
that little arrow for tracking was FLYING around the screen!
i was in TS yelling.... LEFT..... NO RIGHT.... LEFT..... around back around back damnit!!!!
of course i was with one of the texas guys, so by the time he finally said one sentance we where allready 10 screens away (OH YES, ANOTHER POINT FOR POO!)

G

Well.. unlike you guys... i have no silver.... i just have a the will power of a bear.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

i had no macros cause my darn UOassist hasnt patched, so all i had was tracking and detect.
then i was finally able to get the e-bolt icon up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Copy that Chara/Toon's folder in the UOA Shard Folder (napa or what ever shard/char you're on) and copy that Chars folder OUTSIDE the Napa (or shard you're on) and your macro's will be back.

G

RTLFC

Heh, went to the TB Base with my SL Stealth Assassin, used Tracking and saw General Maniac was hidden. Revealed him, and me and him fought for at least 10 mins in front of the Castle. Was a good fight, lots of fun. Haven't seen an Orange in a LONG time.