• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Neener Neener, we took your Factions !!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hello.

my name is Poo.
you may remember me from such films as "holy cow, i think that was a guy!"
and "Faction's 101: a tutorial for the new faction person"

well today im here to say a little Hello and Hi from the boys and girls in YAD (U R DEAD) Guild of Sonoma.

we have been here on baja for a couple weeks now and having some good faction fights with the lads from SI and we just last night took over all the towns.

so as per our "wold faction tour mandate" i am here to say.....

Neener neener, we have tooken your factions!
come and have some fun with us in fel, and reclaim the pride that is Baja's...... if you can!!!

G

And we'd also like to thank the following uber baja players for their hard core dedcation to the cause:
Without them this would have not been nearly as fun!
<ul> [*]The Dark Circle Guild with Arys Aia,
Fantasia Down &amp; Sabrina (they kill like demons on speed)
[*]Death Row !nmates (steady men!) with Digitalis II
Leonidus
[/list]

L

LAH Architect

Welcome to Baja. How come it's Factions and I dun see Tina Small mentioned ??? The nerve you lads have !

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Welcome to Baja. How come it's Factions and I dun see Tina Small mentioned ??? The nerve you lads have !

[/ QUOTE ]

Too funny..... I am in Poo's screenshot, trust me.

B

Biske

A big fish in a small pond... is not a big fish.

Congradulations in beating the easiest pvp guild (and I use that term loosely) on baja after a month, but who are you?

I

imported_SuperKen

Sounds like fun.

Welcome to Baja, folks. You've put out just the right amount of challenge tinged with humor in this post, and I'll admit, I'm very interested.

I've never done factions before, but it's never too late to start.

Meanwhile, I'd like to extend a return challenge: come out to the spawns and let's rumble.

See y'all on the field, whichever field that might be. =]

G

Welcome to Baja, not much of a faction scene you're putting yourselves into, but good to see someone still trying for factions. DEA would be more than happy to have another guild to fight in the field.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Welcome to Baja, not much of a faction scene you're putting yourselves into, but good to see someone still trying for factions. DEA would be more than happy to have another guild to fight in the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the welcome, Taslin. I'm not new to Baja but did recently move some faction chars back to Baja from GL to participate in the "YAD World Tour." We're visiting a number of shards to participate in factions....you can read more about it on the Factions Forum.

I know some people wonder why we're even bothering with it. Well, for me the answer is that I'm enjoying the opportunity to hang out with a couple of pretty cool folks, the challenge of making new characters on a bunch of shards where I've never played before (transferring all the time is way too expensive), and the fun of participating in some faction fights/raids. Factions isn't quite dead yet...you will still find pockets of people having fun with it. Hopefully we'll all hang in there a bit longer and maybe even inspire a few more people to try it and convince the folks at EA that it's a system worth saving and fixing up a bit.

L

LAH Architect

Factions is a good place to start for people getting interested in PvP. It's got structured rankings, minor rewards and a goal of 'capture the flags' . However, it's lack of interesting rewards means many experienced hardcore PvPers will not join this system due to the 20 mins STAT LOSS.

This is great for casual PvPers as this means all the Yewbies, Champ Spawners will not be there to spoil the fun by ruthlessly wiping out all the newer guys most of the time.

TC and SI have less than 5 guys with alternate characters on alternate guildstones in Factions. I doubt DEA will return to Factions because they cannot afford the 20min STAT LOSS as one of their main activities is dying a lot in Fel

It will be great if you guys can attract the folks with interest in PvP but not wanting to plunge straight into the deep waters. Be kind and encouraging to them and you could have a great experience here. I always see Factions as a mini game within UO. It is nice but not essential for UO.

While you are guarding the sigils, take the spare time to message some folks to introduce them to Factions, the more people you have, the more fun.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, i must admit.
out of all the shard we have hit so far Baja has been the funnest by far!

we had so much fun that we even added a member or two of our enemys to our ranks for the next shard we are going too.

so its official.
YAD is done here.

but only for our 'World Tour' part of baja.
most of us are leaving our toons here so we can play on or come back and play factions whenever the mood takes us.

as for me, i allready had my guys in factions here and they will be staying where they are.

as of noon today we have become 'inactive' on baja so we can prepare for our next shard to strike on.

again, we had a blast here and made a couple good new friends, met some cool people, had some good talks and by and far had the most fun so far.
and that is saying a LOT when you look at the other shards that we hit allready..... ATL..... PAC.... both shards with numbers the dwarf Baja.

so congrats to you guys for setting a good table and having fun with us!

hopefully we will meet in the battlefield again some day.
till then, GM your running and keep your AoS sandles tied up nice and tight!

*i really need to get some T-shirts made up to hand out when we are done on a shard.... something like "I w@s PAWND by YAD, J00 T00 L33T 4 m3"*

$

$Kaylun$

thats coo glad you guys had fun.. but ive never even seen you guys on the field lol.. did you guys only fight factions??

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we only fight factions

gate fighting is for 14 year old kids who cant get dates.
and we have no need for scrolls.

G

It isn't a matter of being able to afford 20 minute of stat loss, and for dying in felluca. Obviously it's hard fighting you and your SI guildmates in guardzone am I right Architect? =]

Factions were fun, we tried a while ago, managed to take all the sigils, but there's not enough action on this shard to make it worthwhile, at least not yet. If something gets started again, DEA will participate. For sure.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Factions were fun, we tried a while ago, managed to take all the sigils, but there's not enough action on this shard to make it worthwhile, at least not yet. If something gets started again, DEA will participate. For sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

A large faction event is being planned on Atlantic for next month if people on Baja want to get a taste for it. (Hint: Thieves for factions aren't terribly hard to build, since you only need 80 stealing to nab sigils.) More details are in this thread on the Factions forum: http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7611735 and I believe there's also a thread started in U.Hall. It appears that at least one of the developers (Draconi) is watching to see how this event develops.

Although YAD is moving on to another shard, I know we're going to leave at least a few characters in factions on Baja. We may pop up again at any time just to help keep things interesting.

X

Xiahiw

Unfortuantely, the lads in SI arent that hard to take over.
If you have tracking and detect hidden, you wont have a problem.
However in the worst situations I always get dismounted, and only an SI stealther can make the gameplay just that much more fun.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
5 years ago we were fighting tooth and nail on sonoma

hope too see some of you at that event on ATL next month.

Poo