• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing some help for improving my bush war gameplay

T

tarugobr

hello to everybody

im needing some help to improve my gameplay with my bush war
im running a bush war like this:

mace 120
bush 111
parry 104
anat 100
tactics 100
heal 90
resist 80

705.0 account

IMO:
weap 120 is ok, heal 90 is ok, tactics 100 is ok, anat 100 is ok
resist 80 is a must for me. im not confortable w/o resist and i cant put more resist since i dont have more points
i read on stratics page about bush and parrying. the best PARRY CHANCE results i obtained with 225 skill points would be 111 bush + 104 parry. that means 33% with 2h and 29 with 1h. im not sure about evasion bonus

i do use pots, apples and drink lesser poison in case of out of apples to get out of a para situation

gnarled staff (PB + CONCUSSION)
diamond mace (CRUSH + CONC)
talon bite (DISARM + CRUSH) http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=gameitem&id=2612&category=769

using the noobish tactic of gnarled pb + hiryu all kill and dismount
then ride hiryu back and hit'em on the floor

im also using talon bite against dexxers. counter attack, disarm and crushing deals good damage
the biggest problem with talon bite is the UBWS that makes me unable to cast evasion against mages

diamond mace also deals good damage against some guys. but mine sucks. need a better one

i like diamond mace cuz i can chug on pots and hit w/o disarming and stamina drain also rocks
but ornate cuz of disarm and crush for high damage

what do you guys think i could do to improve this character?
my focus is on weapons by now. i really need advices about weapon combinations to use
some bushido advices and template suggestions are welcome too

P

Playhardgopro

You could consider dropping anatomy to 80 (the minimum to res, I *think*) and tactics to 90 and raising bush and parry to 120 and resist to 85. And Then aim to find some +skill jewels in time. Perhaps use the resilient bracer if it fits for you.

Or bite the bullet and drop resist and then everything will be easier to fit onto the template.

C

Cloak&Dagger

81 is the min for res, of course 91 is min for not failing.

also I THINK 100anat/tactics helps evasion a lot more than the 9 points in Bushido, I don't have the math right now and I don't feel like doing it but if memory serves me right it would be better to leave anat and tacts at at least 100, also try to get a macing weapon that has disarm as that was one of your issues, not being able to use evasion with the talon bite, it would be easier to disarm with a mace and switch weapons for the other specials than it is to disarm with talon bite and switch weapons for evasion. While that might not sound logical you can still do everything normally with a mace that disarms while you are limited to not using evasion with talon bite. My feelings on resist are basically you are wasting the 80 skill points as at 80 it is not really protecting you from much. Eventually you will get the extra 15 points for bushido/parry taking you to 120/110 or any combination you like really. Well I lost my train of thought as it is pretty late for me, so I will leave you with what I have said so far.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could consider dropping anatomy to 80 (the minimum to res, I *think*) and tactics to 90 and raising bush and parry to 120 and resist to 85. And Then aim to find some +skill jewels in time. Perhaps use the resilient bracer if it fits for you.

Or bite the bullet and drop resist and then everything will be easier to fit onto the template.
Do not drop your anat or tactics below 100 this person does not seem to know how evasion works and how 100+ grants a flat % bouns to the ability. I agree with the post above this one on most points especially on the idea you need to find a mace to swap for disarm

N

NickyDishes

i run the same type of temp but with swords i wanted to know which u guys think is better for my disarm...both are ubws....fork with bleed lightning and mana leech or mace with harm ssi and concussion