• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing Residue etc, Possibly a vendor house aswell.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okey, so. It's cold outside, i miss UO and i want to give Siege a REAL shot again.
Last time i gave up due to it being impossible to stock vendors and still make any kind of money, so i will still be crafter ( what else ) , but will play based on orders instead.

Now, for this i need to get imbuing up, will be done with everything else within a couple of days. And i need YOUR help.

I don't have any toon that can collect items to unravel, so i need help with one of the following:

* Dumping unwanted items on me and i will pay you
* Sell me Reidue and stuff so i can just RoT my way up to 120.

I am also looking for a possible vendor house, or a spot where you think a couple of vendors would be good to have. Generally a LUNA house, even thought i know most people dont think thats a good idea, i still belive that people who come from other servers will look in luna first.

So please, do let me know.

Thank you.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know TRU is looking to sell his NW Luna plot if you are really keen on being in Luna.

You are always welcome to place a vendor at Ethereal Marketplace in New Magincia as well. (129361798 is my ICQ)

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Spined leather is the thing for raising imbuing and getting residue really, leather caps made from that unravel into magical residue(due to the luck property on them) and only take 2 bits of spined to make, unravelling these wont get to 120 but should get you into ROT and get a nice stock of residue

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as Whitewitch suggested unraveling spined caps will take you to 70. from there you only need to unravel one piece of loot every 5 minutes until 80, then every 8 and so on. If you have magery (EVs) or some sort of skill to kill monsters with I suggest you go hunt for the crystal elementals that spawn all over Malas, some really close to Luna (N-W of the city). They have loot to unravel and also lots of gems which you will need for imbuing anyway.

If you're not too picky about your Luna house there is an open spot right now right next to the South exit of the walls. It's only a 7x7 or 8x8 but it will do as a vendor location. There's also a plot for sale in the S-E corner and if you can find Tazar he might give you one of his remaining plots.

Good luck!

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you get a house settled and can place a mailbox i'd gladly drop off stuff for you to unravel from my hunts.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hard to buy residue, most leave low level unraw on the body and grap the better magics to get relic.
I had tried to buy them with no luck, but I may need to pay more for them.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just grabbed 5k of residue out of my pile in the bank I'll give you. Got way more than I use anymore. :)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, i found a open 9x13 in luna , north side. So im all good on the house.

Is there possibly anyone of you selling BODS? Im sure there are tons around after idocs and whatnot :)

Will also setup mailbox for things to unravel, would appreciate that a ton.

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, i found a open 9x13 in luna , north side. So im all good on the house.

Is there possibly anyone of you selling BODS? Im sure there are tons around after idocs and whatnot :)

Will also setup mailbox for things to unravel, would appreciate that a ton.
Can you tell us the name on the house sign so we can bring things to unravel?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lock down a pile of chests or crates set to Anyone security out front for us to stuff. A mailbox will only hold 125 items max and you'll want a lot of items until you hit RoT training at 70 skill. I was filling a stack of 6 boxes by my soulforge between unraveling sessions.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone gave me 10k of the red stuff ( Residue ? ) so im all good on that part! I didnt do Imbuing Before , i left Before that stuff, but i understand it i can either use residue to level up, OR unravel stuff..

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... but i understand it i can either use residue to level up, OR unravel stuff..
You want stuff to unravel give us boxes to leave it in and tell us where they are. We gatherers can haul the loot we'd normally abandon on the body to your house with a couple of Gate spells. We can provide. :D

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have set a couple of chests to public.
Would much rather friend you guys who is willing to help and put chests to friends to prevent people from just taking them from me...

I really really appreciate the help, and will owe you when it comes to any crafting favours in the future :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that if you lock the chests down instead of securing them and set them to public access then people can drop things in them but not take from them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But a few 50 stones items will mess it up, as a lockdown can only take 50 stones
A few mailboxes would do the trick too

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps, but i dont have mailboxes :)

This will be fine for now, really appreciate the help

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Ter Mur (royal city) and get the quests from the guy to kill 10 slith and then toxic slith - gather some loot with each kill and unravel that + get the reward of the quests + unravel right there in town. the toxic slith being just over the east bridge
List of Quests - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

also the guy at the soul forge gives a quest to build your 120 power scroll

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would much rather friend you guys who is willing to help and put chests to friends ...
Those friended can lock down backpacks no one other than the owner can release as well, should we get the chests stuffed.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone of you actually been training Imbuing recently?

I just burnt thru 10k Spined leather and got from 48 to 56.4 . Seems way too slow at this low level.. Great gains from unraveling loot that someone was good to give me thought... Need to get my cute ass to 70

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You may need this crystal, that tell if it is to hard or to easy.
Can you imbue one mod with the skill you have now?
If you can, make some leather suit with only 17 LRC on each piece and some jewelry with 13 skills and sell them sheep too or keep them to you can add one more mod.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may need this crystal, that tell if it is to hard or to easy.
Can you imbue one mod with the skill you have now?
If you can, make some leather suit with only 17 LRC on each piece and some jewelry with 13 skills and sell them sheep too or keep them to you can add one more mod.
Well a couple of people said it would take me to 70, it wont :)

I found a stall in Mag who sold 200x gems, which quickly took me to a bit over 60. Need to get my hands on more of those.

I can barely make LRC Suits now, but i want to focus on getting my Imbuing up asap. If anyone have gems laying around, please give me a poke :)