• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need some help placing walls

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello. I need some help placing west walls. I am trying to add arches to the west wall and then a floor so I can have a extra sitting area off my roof. For floors, would I raise them up from where I am at in picture ? I should be able to walk under the floor also when raised ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello. I need some help placing west walls. I am trying to add arches to the west wall and then a floor so I can have a extra sitting area off my roof. For floors, would I raise them up from where I am at in picture ? I should be able to walk under the floor also when raised ?
If you want to have matching arches on the left hand side you will actually need to place the tiles on the first floor and raise them up. There is no way to drop an arch on that wall from the 2nd floor (at least not that I've seen). You will have to raise them higher than the small walls so that you can place the arches on top but then you can lower them once you get them in spot.

The arches look good there! Nice work.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the help. I will get to work on it shortly :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interior west walls are good to go - just place a goza on the ground below and raise it up, then chop said goza after placing your wall.
The outer west wall is a different story as you cannot place goza or floor tiles on the ground outside to lock down and raise up.

someone has done some neat things on the outer west wall though - but I think it is a closely guarded secret as I've yet seen anything explain the process, but I have seen people with gozas raised over the outer west wall. anyone wanna help with that? let us in on the secret?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay. I have tried both Goza & Tiles. I guess, I must ask if there is a trick ? I can only raise tiles & gozas up so far from the first floor. They end up being several spaces to low and I cannot walk underneath the tiles when I raise then from the grass below. I must be doing something wrong. :) Any more insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Thank you. Kirthag

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
raise as far as you can, then go upstairs and raise some more.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
someone has done some neat things on the outer west wall though - but I think it is a closely guarded secret as I've yet seen anything explain the process, but I have seen people with gozas raised over the outer west wall. anyone wanna help with that? let us in on the secret?
Actually this has been actively discussed and explained in great detail on the Time of Legends Forum (they really should be moved to the housing forum, but whatever).

If you're doing the west or north wall make your life a lot easier and remove any decorations you have on the inside wall. Now turn on your circle of transparency, go outside and start dropping tiles on the base of your west wall. If you're hitting the right spot they will stay, now double click them to lock them down.

Next part may be tricky depending on your particular situation - good news is there are a few options.

1) If you just started customization you might be able to go inside and use object tags to spot the pavers and raise them from the inside. (I did all mine this way on the first pass).
2) Can't see the tags? Make sure you have a macro for last object (deco tool) and last target (the paver)
a) Place tile normally outside, double click it, run back to your stairs or inside and start raising it. If you can raise it about six times you can now see it through the wall from the inside (using transparency). So now go to the next tile outside, place it raise it six times, etc. Do this till you get them all down then go inside and raise them up. I would resist the urge to raise them all the way up on the first pass otherwise you'll loose track of which tile you placed and the next spot you have to do (unless you pay close attention to your sextant). Whatever you do, once raised, do not remove these pavers unless you're certain you're done - these things are not too bad to place on the west wall in the early stages, but a genuine nightmare if you start building walls on your higher floors as the newly crafted walls block circle of transparency. This will go a lot faster if you have a second account or friend to help. That way they can open the door for you (so that you don't loose last target). I also placed a house teleporter at the entrance to speed things up. Or you could place a ladder on your steps.
b) You can also target your pavers with a spell to cache it as last target then do the same trick.
c) I had some incredibly tricky tiles that I could place but then couldn't see to double-click. So instead I took the paver, double clicked it on the stairs (to cache it as last target), picked them up, then ran and dropped them in place. So even though I couldn't see them at all, they were still my last target so I could raise them.

Hope that helps. I've already done mine otherwise I'd make a video of how to do this.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually this has been actively discussed and explained in great detail on the Time of Legends Forum (they really should be moved to the housing forum, but whatever).

If you're doing the west or north wall make your life a lot easier and remove any decorations you have on the inside wall. Now turn on your circle of transparency, go outside and start dropping tiles on the base of your west wall. If you're hitting the right spot they will stay, now double click them to lock them down.

Next part may be tricky depending on your particular situation - good news is there are a few options.

1) If you just started customization you might be able to go inside and use object tags to spot the pavers and raise them from the inside. (I did all mine this way on the first pass).
2) Can't see the tags? Make sure you have a macro for last object (deco tool) and last target (the paver)
a) Place tile normally outside, double click it, run back to your stairs or inside and start raising it. If you can raise it about six times you can now see it through the wall from the inside (using transparency). So now go to the next tile outside, place it raise it six times, etc. Do this till you get them all down then go inside and raise them up. I would resist the urge to raise them all the way up on the first pass otherwise you'll loose track of which tile you placed and the next spot you have to do (unless you pay close attention to your sextant). Whatever you do, once raised, do not remove these pavers unless you're certain you're done - these things are not too bad to place on the west wall in the early stages, but a genuine nightmare if you start building walls on your higher floors as the newly crafted walls block circle of transparency. This will go a lot faster if you have a second account or friend to help. That way they can open the door for you (so that you don't loose last target). I also placed a house teleporter at the entrance to speed things up. Or you could place a ladder on your steps.
b) You can also target your pavers with a spell to cache it as last target then do the same trick.
c) I had some incredibly tricky tiles that I could place but then couldn't see to double-click. So instead I took the paver, double clicked it on the stairs (to cache it as last target), picked them up, then ran and dropped them in place. So even though I couldn't see them at all, they were still my last target so I could raise them.

Hope that helps. I've already done mine otherwise I'd make a video of how to do this.
May I add this to UOHomeDecor for folks?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thank you for getting that over here!

I vaguely remember the convo - but wasn't it mingled in with the testing thread? And that thread talked about all kinds of things.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you All :) I have used your suggestion and am getting things to work. Woot ! You guys are very helpful :)