• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need some answers! newbie questions

M

maven

Hi there,

please, dont laugh too much at me, I am a new player (old times player,

actually) and I need some answers.

ok... lets begin

1) Commands: Is there a command for the following tasks:
- Show Hunger Level
- Show server status (like number of online players). How many players

are playing at Atlantic (min and max)?

2) Where are the PVP guys? This is my tenth day at Atlantic and I didnt see

anybody pklizing or doing pvp... Is there any place where I can see a real

war?

3) I was in a guarded city and there was a red player. I called the guards (he

didnt attack me before) and then he laugh at me "lol". In the old times, the

guards would smash his face to the death. Whats the rule now?

4) I am playing with a trial account, but I already changed my billing

information to the monthly payment at www.ultima-registration.com. In a trial

account, I cant build my house, so I want to finish the trial period and start

the real playing as soon as possible. What can I do?

5) Thats the most important question: How can I search a specific item at

Luna? That place is messed up. Do I have to look into every vendor backpack?

thats all...

thanks in advance

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Commands: Is there a command for the following tasks:
- Show Hunger Level
- Show server status (like number of online players).
No
How many players are playing at Atlantic (min and max)?
Hard to say, but Atlantic is the fullest shard

2) Where are the PVP guys? This is my tenth day at Atlantic and I didnt see anybody pklizing or doing pvp... Is there any place where I can see a real war?
hmmm for spontanious PVP go yew Gate Fel... anything else is Faction wars or Champspawn raids or groups that meet to battle , may want to check out the pvp forum too link in the Welcome to Atlantic sticky up top
3) I was in a guarded city and there was a red player. I called the guards (he didnt attack me before) and then he laugh at me "lol". In the old times, the guards would smash his face to the death. Whats the rule now?
Reds can enter cities, you can call guard on them if they attack you, oh and the Guard zones may still be turned off atm in Fell from the last event...but i am not sure on that one
4) I am playing with a trial account, but I already changed my billing information to the monthly payment at www.ultima-registration.com. In a trial account, I cant build my house, so I want to finish the trial period and start the real playing as soon as possible. What can I do?
Well as soon as they charge you , you can place away :) that rule was introduced to stop the abuse of the trial accounts to place houses.
You may want to call up UO billing and see if they can end your trial before that though

5) Thats the most important question: How can I search a specific item at Luna? That place is messed up. Do I have to look into every vendor backpack?
aye just like old times :)
EA does not have a vendor search engine (sadly) atm. be advised thou Luna is the most expensive place to shop around in you do much better checking out the smaller shops outside Luna ... the Big Runelibraries have sections with shoprunebooks. (at Winterbreeze Library they are right infront of the Dyetubs if you want to check them out)

thats all...

thanks in advance
hehe i hope that helps you a bit.

M

maven

thanks for the advices!

back to the first question, do you have any guess about how many players are playing regularly? like 500... 1k... 5k...

regards

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its hard for me to tell really i am on europen time...so when i am online its nowhere near prime time for the US...

Sorry cant really tell you more...

hmmm i think KR has something like a player counter when logging in to the shard selection, but that may just br KR players too... hmmm

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-Just to let you know as for your first question about hunger, i dont think you need to eat anymore as hunger does not affect you any longer ie/spell casting, melee etc etc. That only was around for a bit back in the old days.

M

maven

I am not sure about it, but I think that if you are very hungry, the skills would not raise well...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd estimate the playerbase to be around 1000 players at peak hours... it's really not alot, but enough to be interesting and dynamic. It's pretty sad to see some free servers peaking at 3-4000 users and even more, you don't have much content there however, or even real communities, I had a free trial as well here and it was wonderful, well worth the small fee per month, and yes, avoid luna at all costs, it messes with your mind !

:danceb:

C

Cat Crimson

The old eat-to-trigger-stuck-skill-raising things doesn't work any more. We still get " hungry " but it serves little purpose.

A useful thing to take some of the pain out of shopping is to stand in front of a ( player ) shop and say Vendor Browse. That way you will get a load of vendor packs opening up automatically without having to individual click on them.

M

morgawr68

i dont care what people say.. hunger does affect you. i fizzle more on my mage if im hungry and i dont hit as often on my archer if i am hungry. when i eat everything goes back to good.
so yes i believe hungrer is a factor.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should ask Draconi about this one he'll probably answer something like : Uh, oh yeah that, thing its probably broken, noone really knew what that 10 page script was all about or if it even works.

:coco:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
morgawr68, I agree with ya... I have a character that is 115 smith... when I'm doing the hard BODs... platemail pieces... it helps if I stay full while smithing... it seems to help to hit exceptional on the hard pieces.