• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Screenshots!

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I'm terrible at getting decent screenshots. But the projectgorgon.com website could really use some media to give people an idea of what the game is like. Can you help get screenshots? It'd be appreciated!

If you're using the standalone client, there's a Screenshot key that is mapped to Ctrl+P. If you're using the web client, there's no way to take screenshots from the game itself (because web apps aren't allowed to write files to your hard drive!) so you'd need to use the screen-grabbing features of your OS.

If you've got a good video card, there's a better kind of screenshot. In the Config window, you'll see a key command for "High-Res Screenshot". If you assign this to a key, you'll get higher-res images. Which is very handy for putting on a website.

However, keep in mind that "high-res" doesn't mean "high-graphics-quality" ... it just means the picture will have a lot of pixels in it! To make those pixels attractive, you can set the Graphics setting to the highest level your machine can tolerate. If you're putting it up to a really high level just to get a screenshot, you probably want to temporarily uncheck the checkbox that says "Auto-Adjust Quality Level". Otherwise, the game will notice your framerate is low, and lower the graphics back down!

I really appreciate any help you can give here!

Last edited:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I took this one on my macbook. I will see if I can get it to look better on my gaming PC. Not sure what your shooting for or whats possible in quality.

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
These are awesome :) Thank you! I'm looking for anything that seems cool, really.

Steeldragonz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
These are awesome :) Thank you! I'm looking for anything that seems cool, really.
I only just found the game sadly missing the kickstarter etc... But i have been spreading the word amongst my contacts and maybe 20 or so people are trying the game in the last few days that i know so lots of us newbs about, anyway here are first of what i hope will become a good collection of Screenshots, if theres anything specific about the gfx settings or overrides that you would prefer let me know and i will see what i can do with it, my Base settings are your max settings right now and im messing with the overrides to see what i can get the engine to do at Ultra-widescreen 5760*1080 settings. Also i may put some vids on my youtube channel if thats ok?

Nosyaiel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Steel is the only person I see on with some frequency- I've just started playing the game recently under the name Ksajiru. It's really something I hope to see shine, and I've got a group of people that will be trying it out soon as well, when they're on the low of this sinusoidal minecraft kick they've been on.

The hardest thing for me so far has been figuring out where to learn cooking. I've seen recipes around, and I love to cook, just not everything is obvious to beginners. The approach I've been taking is just doing favors for everyone, and trying to increase my relations with people in Serbule. Crafting and gathering are confusing to me still, but it's definitely something I hope to see.

Also, great work on maintenance. Every time I see the game going down, it's back up damn quickly.

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Steeldragonz - Hah, I've never seen the game at that wide a resolution, very cool, thanks! And sure, feel free to share vids, it's much appreciated.

Nosyaiel - thanks! We have several hundred folks who drop in from time to time. A lot of people play-tested hard for us earlier in the year, but there wasn't much content, so they eventually wandered away. As we add more content, hopefully they'll stop back in. Right now development is a tricky balance of trying to add enough content to keep people playing, while also working on some of the core functionality so we can move on to Alpha and then Beta.

That was a long-winded way to say that I really appreciate you getting more people to try the game out! The feedback is incredibly valuable, and just seeing people playing and chatting and stabbing monsters is an incredible motivator when I'm getting burned out.

Last edited:

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Also, you should be able to pick up the basics of cooking from books sold by the cooking guy in Serbule. He uses the old recipe-book system instead of the newer Training menu, which may be why you missed it.

BogusMeatFactory

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As always Steel, your screenshots are both insane, and awesome. Good to see you are sharing them outside of facebook.

P.S. I am one of the many that has been coerced by him into trying the game out and loving it.

Toasty

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Steel, stop that with your fancy resolution. Nobody's impressed!
I'm a little jealous

Anywho!, Odd question and I'll most likely just start using fraps again to counter the problem. However, where are the screenshots actually saved? I can't seem to actually find them. I assume they just aren't saving myself.