• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Need players for Gooch's Trial

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The governor's council is in need of players to take part in a trial for Gooch.
If you are interested please message me to discuss details

I am looking for Singularity, Phantenous Cat, and anyone else online on the night in question.

Thanks
Governor York

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!

Sorry, that may come off as prejudiced.

I will go into deliberations with an open mind, and give equal weight to hanging, burning, and drawing and quartering.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I might be able to help out if your still needing people.
That is awesome Flair, I would like it if you could report on the trial. My only request on the reporting is that a synapses is typed out of the proceedings.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!

Sorry, that may come off as prejudiced.

I will go into deliberations with an open mind, and give equal weight to hanging, burning, and drawing and quartering.
I would open to the idea of you prosecuting... if you are really interested PM me and I will get ya the details

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not the Prosecutor, Judge or Lawyer type but I am impartial and wouldn't mind being on the Jury

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would open to the idea of you prosecuting... if you are really interested PM me and I will get ya the details
I doubt my schedule would allow it. I can't get on until after 9 PM CST most days, and my first hour on is usually unreliable as I'm called away to go bodyslam small children into their beds until they lose consciousness.

If it were held late I'd be open to the idea of prosecuting, but would also need time to familiarize myself with the case and bribe defamatory character witnesses.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I doubt my schedule would allow it. I can't get on until after 9 PM CST most days, and my first hour on is usually unreliable as I'm called away to go bodyslam small children into their beds until they lose consciousness.

If it were held late I'd be open to the idea of prosecuting, but would also need time to familiarize myself with the case and bribe defamatory character witnesses.
*begins giggling at the body slamming part* I do not know why I find this funny.. but I do.. and Wulf Dang it you need to be the prosecutor!

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
That is awesome Flair, I would like it if you could report on the trial. My only request on the reporting is that a synapses is typed out of the proceedings.
We can work something out.. and if you need me doing something in game as well feel free to holler at me

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I submit the following.....

The accused deserves death. You know this and he knows this. We need look no further than the last Governor's Meeting for the evidence we need.

[16:15:36] [The Gooch]: I DEMAND a trial!
He demands a trial. He submits himself to the judgement of the court for the crimes that he himself knows he committed. A court dedicated to upholding the virtues. A court that would have only one punishment suitable to such crimes.

Let us go through the virtues and the antivirtues, and his specific violations thereof. This merely scratches the surface of his depravity but should set the stage for the inevitable outcome.

Honesty/Deceit:
He comes right out and admits his guilt! Revels in it, even!
[16:10:14] [The Gooch]: Lies i tell ya, King!

Honor/Shame:
He demands a trial and attempts to disparage the proceedings before they begin, as he feels shame for his crimes.
[16:16:33] [The Gooch]: this whole trial already feels lopsided...
Humility/Pride:
Even in Shame he must hold onto his Pride, like scum floating to the top of a pond.
[16:19:34] [The Gooch]: They couldnt handle me in those sissy Yew jails
Spirituality/Sacrilege:
Does the King not represent the Virtues? Is insulting the King not insulting the Virtues? Do these "pet names" show anything less than an utter disregard for the principles held most dear by servants of Order and righteousness?
[15:41:37] [The Gooch]: This time, Sundays and Mid month, Kingy
[15:50:51] [The Gooch]: Will do, Kingster
[16:27:50] [The Gooch]: Thank you, Kingy

Now we reach the crime that exposed the blackness of his heart to the light of day.
[16:09:26] [King Blackthorn]: While Moonglow was under quarantine for the plaque, Lord Gooch proceeded to steal a boat and sail away to the Island of NuJel'm thus spreading the plague amongst the citizens.
He lacked Compassion, abandoning those in need. His crime violates any rational person's sense of Justice. He stole a ship, coveting instead of Sacrificing, and his dastardly escape shows a complete disregard for Valor.

This is not a trial to decide the guilt of a single man for a single crime. This is the prelude to an execution, for you see before you an embodiment of the AntiVirtues, the truest threat to your way of life. This man is rotten to the core, and he must be removed from your civilized society before his sickness festers and spreads. Was Blackthorn himself executed for crimes any greater than the violation of virtues? I am sure this court is grateful that their monarch had the convenient excuse of an evil doppelganger, but would he not be executed again were he to take up arms against the Virtues?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I'm no huge fan of someone currently in possession of several shiny items last seen in MY backpack, I must point out the extreme prejudice in Ms Pinks comments here, and demand that she be removed from jury duty.
In her own words:
Right before the bonfire.
See what I mean?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The opposing counsel is supposed to be prejudiced.

Would you rather have me arguing that he needs to die if my mind isn't made up?

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury. The man you see before you may or may not have committed a crime, but I submit to you that it does not matter! I DEMAND BLOODY VENGEANCE REGARDLESS!"

Also, you seem prejudiced towards your assumption of my gender.

The Writer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
York, The Governor of Britian can be reached on icq if you use it as he seems to keep up on at all times. If you need to hear what he has to say on the matter regarding the upcoming trial. If you'd like me to message you with the relevant information then you would be able to get in touch with him.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... Also, you seem prejudiced towards your assumption of my gender.
Nay, I love that gender... But it's what I think when I look at your avatar... And yes, I'm blue...

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
At this time we are setting a time and date (hopefully this upcoming weekend). Once the date and time is set we can select a jury. The jury will most likely be selected the day of the event, so if you want to be apart of the jury be online a hour or so before the trial.