• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need magery

V

VazTheSpaz

I wana make a tamer. My friend says i need to take magery so i canm port my pets how important/usefull is mageryn to a tamer?
If i do need/take it how does this sound
Animal lore 100%
Animal training 100%
Herding 100%
Magery 100%
Eval Int 100%
Meditate 100%
Peacemaeking 100% ?

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Others will also point this out but, peacemaking without music is worthless. And why hearding? it is not needed as a skill just taming , Lore and vet.

I

imported_Sarphus

Herding lets you tell wild, tameable creatures where to go. It's not particularly useful on an animal tamer. It's quite useful on a stealth/ninja.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You don't need magery on a tamer template. You can go wherever you want with recall scrolls and 0 magery, and your bonded pets will go with you. What you need to do is decide what kind of tamer you want to be. Do a search over the past year or two, there have been tons of threads on different templates and their strengths and weaknesses.

K

Kurgan

I went this way with my templet..

Legendary: Veterinary 120
Legendary: Animal Lore 120
Legendary: Animal Taming 120
Elder: Musicianship 115
Elder: Peacemaking 115
Grandmaster: Magery 104.5 (Going for 110)

14 stable slots, and I can tame anything out there at this time.

V

VazTheSpaz

Thanks so i recall will take my pets and i do not need magery to get me and my pets from point A to Point B

K

Kurgan

True, once they bond, which takes a week.
I have the magery there, I can lower it down if I need Peace or Music to go up..
But this templet works for me..

G

<blockquote><hr>

You can go wherever you want with recall scrolls and 0 magery, and your bonded pets will go with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, your newly tamed, unbonded pets will either need to be walked to a stable or gated, they do not follow you via recall. This is an instance where magery is very helpful.