• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

need info from PPl that played this shard back when it was AOL Legends

S

stonekiller2

I have been gone for a very long time, from this shard. I logged on legends and looked at what my chars have got on them. in one of my bank boxes was a wooden box with 2 streched hides in it, they can not be removed and it weighs 510 stones. I do not recall how I got it. judging the str of my char it was dumped at the bank and I picked it up. is this thing a server rare? if so I do not want to get rid of it. it belongs on this shard and it will stay. is there a value for such a thing? any info would be appreciated. thanks please leave info here or if your interested contact icq number 6755004 with offers

S

stonekiller2

but those say artifact level 2 these are 2 that are in a box that can not be removed and weigh 514 stones thats the odd thing about them, plus this was from the AOL days

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stuck in a box, yep, I think it is

happened by leaving a container over a spot where they spawned at server up.... I never did it myself, just heard the tales around the fires

don't believe I've ever seen two items stuck in a box, tho, I would think that unusual... would hang on to it for a while if I were you, and wait for a person with more knowledge of the items than myself for an answer

and welcome back :) are you stayin' a spell?

S

Sorna

Yes they spawned that way, and can never be moved out of the box. I think there is a rares forum still here, so can ask there.

S

stonekiller2

thank you for info, no matter what. if this is a rare I want it to stay on this shard. it belongs here

B

BardMal

I think there was once a trick where the box was placed then axed and the item inside would be placed as an imovable.

N

NewThunder

The first items that were created via this trick were statues trapped in crates, these were created by droping crates in certain "spawn point' areas, the artist area outside moonglow was where the statues in crates where created, the statues would be placed in the crates at random times, not at server-up as is a common mis-conception. The next phase happened with red boxes being placed on the roof of certain buildings 2 in britain and one in minoc, you would leave red boxes and items would spawn in them, some of the items could be removed such as smith hammers; the more intersting aspect was that stretched hides, lanterns and no draw tiles would remain "stuck" in the boxes. Now these boxes can be "chopped" and the item that was stuck in the box would then become stuck where the box was trapped, the items can only be moved by a GM (perhaps by customizing house, never tried it). The second phase of this trick lasted about 6 weeks before it was fixed. Boxes with multiple items were fairly common. If you want to see the results of some of these items go west from the Luna bank then head south, there is a stuck statue in front of Lohan's vendor house. There is also a house in on the south road of Luna that has a couple of no-draw tiles locked on their steps.

D

deVour of Legends

wow if u all think 1 or 2 is good you all should see my *past* house on Atlantic it is the house were if you go to vesper and you run south on that road there is a graveyard and the 2nd house spot is mine and it is a complete circle of unmovable stats around the house..... ahh i remember when we placed them good times :D but it is no longer my house as i quit uo for about 2 months came back and it was gone :sad4: but ya check it out sometime we place the statues and everything its pretty sweet