• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need ideas.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hola, muchachos.

I need some inspiration for a house I have in mind. I'm wanting to build a late medieval or pre-Renaissance manor house or mansion. Or the Castles with peaked roofing similar to what one might see in France or the Swiss Alps. This will be an 18x18 but smaller examples might help get the brain juices flowing.

The character is a rich aristocrat and a loyalist to the old monarchy of Lord British. If anyone has any decorative examples that might suit such a palace, I wouldn't mind seeing those too. Treasure vaults. Armor rooms. So on and so forth.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if your loyal to lord british then maybe get a lord british throne. It all depends on what type of budget your working with though. My suggestion for a more royal/regal looking house would definately be carpets and wall decorations such as virtue banners, decorative shields, decorative banners, colourful tapestries and curtains are always a good choice! Suits of armour gold or silver from heritage tokens are great deco and if you are loyal to Lord British then vet reward Order banners would be a great addition but they are expensive and will set you back 20 odd million each. Fireplaces can be a good edition along with statues and busts of sorts. Fancy looking furniture would be a wise choice. Also custom made furni designs such as the rope barriers like I have at one of my houses shown in the pics below but the bows coloured red could be a great addition. Here are a few pics, I hope they help.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the Europa Roleplay community used to have some really great areas and well built houses, unfortunately theres only a handful left and they are all Vesper. They still have some nice houses there around Vesper by the swaggers if you want to go have a look, Most of Cove, Yew and other places have fallen. Most of the houses from my personal collection of screenies above have fallen. I now have a player town in Malas Chaos Cove which you can see here:

Welcome to Chaos Cove!

Heres a link to my old tent builds the other year too if it helps you:

The return of the Tent!

And heres all my old Vesper RP Buildings for you to look at if you want:

Escaflowne | UO Home Decor

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
here's another design example. this is on test center just outside the south luna exit. unfortunately someone built an ugly towering box next to it blocking the full view.
customcastle.png

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Escaflowne I will have to check it out. I have always loved Europa and its roleplaying community.

@Petra Fyde Very close to what I was picturing, given I will need space inside for several rooms.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how strange, I just noticed that old picture has been flipped, the entrance is obviously not on that side. I'll take some new internal pics for you. - no it hasn't. All the images are reversed! is anyone else seeing this? All the signatures I see are backwards? Argh! The DATE!!!
ground.JPG
first.JPG
second.jpg
roof.JPG

Last edited: