• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Help

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I give up. I've tried everything I can think of and for some odd reason I can get into UO just fine on my home PC the desktop but on my laptop while I'm at work it's a no go.

Here's the deal... I try to connect to UO and the first time it will let me log in but won't move past the pick a shard screen. After that it won't even get past log in.

So I went through my firewall settings in Norton and everything UO is set to Allow... so I don't think that's it. I thought perhaps it was the wifi at work so I tried connecting through my phone as a hotspot... same problem could get to the pick a shard and then NOTHING.... just sits there.

So I thought well maybe the game is broken on the laptop so I tried checking the box for performing a full file check... still not working.

So in total frustration I just spent the last 3 hours deleting all things UO and redownloading the EC... got it back up and it still will NOT go past the pick a shard screen.

So I give up... I need help. I don't know what's up but I was in just last weekend without any problem. So I'm not sure what the difference is.

I guess I need someone with more technical savvy than me... which is almost anyone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you log in at home using your laptop?
Dunno and won't find out till Monday but my guess is no ... since it didn't work on my phone being a hotspot either... so I am fairly sure it wasn't the work internet blocking me.

My phone wouldn't block it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*Sighs* well I've now tried checking the performance and everything there seems fine... tried checking the CC and it too locks me out once I chose the shard... it just freezes up and says "Connecting".

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What version of windows? Sounds like it could be a firewall, virus checker or not running in administrator mode.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What version of windows? Sounds like it could be a firewall, virus checker or not running in administrator mode.
Well after much searching it's Nortons wifi Privacy .... So annoying. Now I have to wait to make them fix it.

But this is why I love Norton... they are always willing to help me out and figure out problems for me even when it isn't them...

Now I have to find out how to let it allow UO ....

Last edited: