• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] need help

• Thread starter Chocolate Moose
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Orn Autumnleaf

I fished along the shores until about 65-70ish. After that, make yourself captain of your own boat and head to the server line west off the shores of Yew. Tell your tillerman slow forward and just cast out until you're around the 85-90 range, then leave the server line a bit (about 20-25 tiles out) and start casting in the deep waters until you reach grandmaster. That's what I did at least and obtained grandmaster last weekend!

Beware though, there be water elementals on the surface and post 80 fishing you'll pull up sea serpents and deep sea serpents (the tougher of the two) quite often. Good luck!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with everything except there is no need to leave the server line!
:)

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One reason to leave the server line--much less traffic if you get a bit away. Last time I was out there, it was pretty blocked.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently training fishing and I gotta say, its pretty slow. Well over an hour of working the coast around Bucs and only 1.6 in gains, averaging 20-30 valid casts between gains and my skill is only in the high 50s :(

EDIT - and less than 500 total skill points on this toon :/

O

Orn Autumnleaf

Keep at it Smaira! A good idea is to change shores for a bit of different scenery and getting away from all those stinkin' pirates would do you good.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No expert myself, but I really don't think it should matter one way or the other. You should (theoretically) get the same gains either way.

Maybe being on the server line reduces the risk of water elementals/sea serpents bothering you? Doesn't make much sense to me, either, though--I always went slow forward while fishing, and none of the kept up, they'd fall in line and eventually get left behind--assuming I'd found a line that was unblocked by other boats.

(Related note--how many boats are still out there? Used to be thick, but I can't imagine it being that crowded anymore....)

C

Connor_Graham

(Related note--how many boats are still out there? Used to be thick, but I can't imagine it being that crowded anymore....)
Not many. Maybe 3 or 4 on Pacific that I've seen.

I went for quite a long time (at least an hour) riding the server line at 90.7 skill, which is what I got after gaining 1.8 points from an Alacrity Scroll. I moved out about 15 tiles and suddenly started getting gains again.