• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Need help with something strange. (I think!)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone please let me know if they have experienced this at all?

Go to a treasure map (alone or with others)

open the box and see the item count change in the box? (go lower)but the actual amount is the original higher amount?

See the count change outside the box (go lower) but the actual amount is the original higher amount?

We had an incident where the numbers changed on a treasure chest and someone is being accused of looting "40" items quickly.

Can you use the auto loot button for treasure chests?

If you use the auto loot button, does it make monsters pop for each item pulled even if it is quick?

The issue is, not whether they used a program, but the protocol of how the treasure chest item pulling is done.

Methodically so everyone is not overwhelmed with tons of spawn. (on the highest chest) T-mapper pulls items, things get rolled on etc.

yeah, this seems childish, but before I create a tmapper just to find out, I figured I would reply upon expirienced folks to help me enlighten me or guide me. :D

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have never seen the amount of things lower from when it is first opened but I do not go with other players other than my wife and a couple close friends. We have never had to worry about someone auto-looting the chest. I only pull out what is worth pulling out. they always leave the looting to me since I pull the chest and back in the day when we first stared doing maps, only the person who decoded the map could loot it.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is the same now, but if you are partied, it allows anyone in the party to loot it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, if partied, anyone can loot. And if somebody figured out a way to loot 40 items, you should get several spawn.

I was soloing a tmap, had a couple of lockpick fails, got the "hissing gas" message. Picked the chest, disarmed, and did a search for "legendary". Yay, got one... But when I tried to pull it from the search window, it disappeared, and I could see a couple of dust piles in the chest. I looked on the ground and in my backpack, the legendary was no where to be found.

Sent from mTalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is possible in EC to 'loot all' however, it moves items one at a time just as if you were taking them out by hand, and I'd never use it on a treasure chest because you'd be over run with spawn, plus with those 50 stone items you get in chests now you would be totally weighed down and unable to run away!