• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Help With Some Pictures

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Looking for pictures of the old Sandlewood Box. Especially the interior. Exterior shots are most welcome too. Only interested in the Ryak/Andrew Bishop "L shape". Not the Noleeens swamp Tower. Thanks for any help. Very tempted to try and get some 15 year old hard drives spinning at my place :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly, there are only a handful of RPers still left from that era, so the chances of an image still existing aren't good. :(

I will poke through some of the archived stuff though and see if anything remains. The only others that might have something that old are Redlow DeSule or Ra'Dian Fl'Gith, I'll poke at them too.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Looking for pictures of the old Sandlewood Box. Especially the interior. Exterior shots are most welcome too. Only interested in the Ryak/Andrew Bishop "L shape". Not the Noleeens swamp Tower. Thanks for any help. Very tempted to try and get some 15 year old hard drives spinning at my place :)
I am personal friends with Sharon/Noleeen and several other people from that time period. They all play WoW. I can contact them if you like to see if they have old screenies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
That would be awesome. I know chances are slim. But it would be great. Where that L shape sat is available on both shards. I'd enjoy rebuilding it for several reasons. Considered naming it The Sandlewood Box (replica) lol Interior shots would be awesome. It seems the map has changed slightly over the years. But I'm 99% sure I know where it was. If anyone that is positive of where it sat has coordinates that would be awesome. Now if I can just get the Bloodrock back from where they are now that would be really great! I've just been back a few months and am involved with a lot of UO nonsense like building characters up with new skills. But I hope to bring a little RP fun back to this game :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the Box's layout as pretty basic. Lots of stools and small wooden tables in the main room, kitchen in the back room on the bottom floor. The upper floor I'm drawing a blank on, but I seem to vaguely remember bookshelves...

There are one or two Bloodrock still running around on GL, though they don't RP anymore. The current baddies are a group of pirates/slavers who are stirring up a war between Skara Brae and Jhelom and giving the High Council migranes.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
That would be awesome. I know chances are slim. But it would be great. Where that L shape sat is available on both shards. I'd enjoy rebuilding it for several reasons. Considered naming it The Sandlewood Box (replica) lol Interior shots would be awesome. It seems the map has changed slightly over the years. But I'm 99% sure I know where it was. If anyone that is positive of where it sat has coordinates that would be awesome. Now if I can just get the Bloodrock back from where they are now that would be really great! I've just been back a few months and am involved with a lot of UO nonsense like building characters up with new skills. But I hope to bring a little RP fun back to this game :)
I spoke today with the 5 people I know in rl that hung out at the Sandlewood including Noleeen. Noneo f them have old screenies. Noleeen spent over an hour this morning looking thro old images and no luck :(.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Bummer... Now I am seriously gonna look at my old hard drives :) Certainly let everyone know I deeply appreciate their efforts! The quest continues! I'll be visiting my son this weekend and he spent a lot of time there. Hopefully he will be of some help.