• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with a whammy

nick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im looking at making a whammy for solo pvm. have been away from the game for a while and looking to get back at it. can anyone give me some adviace as far as temp/gear for a mace/wammy. just basic stuff like what caps i should be aiming for on gear and wep. also do i need chiv on a wammy never liked the idea of a necro warrior using chiv. any advice would be great thanks!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You don't HAVE to use Chivalry.

Template wise I'd suggest:
120 Mace
120 Tact
40 Necro
80 SS
120 Bush
120 Parry
120 Anat

Or adjust as you see fit.

Things to consider with the suit. Wraith Form gives 15/-5/0/0/-5. Protection if you chose to use it, if you're human is -14 physical, any other race -15 physical. You want 40 Necro for 100% success with Curse Weapon, Tactics, SS, Bush, Parry and Anat levels can vary a lot depending on how you want to play it. I'd probably go with 120 Bushido for the Whirlwind damage. You could replace Parry or Anat with Resist if needed.

I'd want minimum of max resists, 100 di, 40 lmc (preferably 55), 45 HCI (40 if gargoyle), 45 DCI (20 if refining), 25 HP. You'll need to work out your stam/SSI needs first for the weapons/specials you intend to use, there's a calculator on uoguide. You'll probably also want to pack on stam/mana increase and/or stat increase. I personally dislike playing with less than 150 Str/HP (without needing bless/pots), so usually have 25 Str on the suit too. If you plan on playing a more caster version with higher Necro you'll probably want to factor in LRC over something else.

nick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
thanks for the info! is there a huge benefit to have chiv? i feel with casting curse wep and stuff like wither that karma will be hard to keep up. also what weps do you recommend as a macer 1h or 2h? and what mods should i be putting on them? thanks again for all the help!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use potions?

If yes, you can use two handed and hit weapon swap macro to a one handed and then drink potion.

If no, then run a two handed for max Parry/Bushido. Or depending on the weapons special attack.

Chivalry:
Chivalry - Old Stratics

nick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My questions are things like eoo dr cw worth/needed for trying to keep karma up? Also what are the best 2h ace weps to use? Black staff for whirl? Quarter staff for soul bow strike? And as far as mods I'm assuming a slayer with hss do I need hll or hml on it?

nick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hrmmm had to say if it's worth it for just eoo... Does eoo stack with slayer dmg?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
thanks for the info! is there a huge benefit to have chiv? i feel with casting curse wep and stuff like wither that karma will be hard to keep up. also what weps do you recommend as a macer 1h or 2h? and what mods should i be putting on them? thanks again for all the help!
Karma is a non factor, don't think about it at all, Chiv is useful if you don't think you'll be able to reach perfection with Honor. I usually use 70 which is sufficient for EOO. I don't rely on DF.

Black Staffs, all the leeches, Hit Area, Slayers where you can. You may also want to look at Mauls, Diamond Maces and Hammer Picks.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hit Life Leech on weps is pretty useless for Whammies, considering Curse Weapon is absolutely superior to it. Don't need LRC on your suit either, if you carry/wear a piece of Arcane Clothing, and carry some Arcane Gems. I wear Arcane Thigh Boots, and with 0 Tailoring, i'm able to recharge them to 19 Charges with 1 Arcane Gem. Curse Weapon only requires Pig Iron to cast, so i usually carry 4 separate stacks of 25 for that.