• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Need help with a basic question

L

Lady Vivian

My main crafter has the following skills:

Blacksmith 120
Tailor 120
Armslore 100
Carpentry 100
Tinkering 100
Mining 55.4
Music 51.0
Magery 73.6

Now my question - Using the tailoring skill, I wish to make some really nice armor pieces. I have all the different kinds of leather and 1 of each type of runic sewing kit.
When I first start, do I make the item using normal leather and a runic kit for the properties I want to put on the item and then enhance it with a specific colored leather? Is this the correct order or should it be done differently? I have read all through the FAQs here but do not seem to find where this is stated. Either that or I am extremely dense. LOL I have no problem understanding the resists and chances of obtaining them, just which way to start.
One person told me to take my leather and kits and simply try out different ways until I found a way to achieve what I want but given the price of colored leather and runic sewing kits that seems to me unreasonable.
Any advise you could give would be greatly appreciated. :please:

K

Kallie Pigeon

I think it is most sensible to make it out of the leather that has the properties you are looking for. That usually means making it out of barbed but if you are trying to make a luck suit then spined. Horned is almost as good as barbed and has better fire resist so you might use that also. The enhancing after making method has been previously shown to be less successful.

L

Lady Vivian

Thanks for the guidance but I thought a runic sewing kit could not be used on colored leather. Am I wrong?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A runic sewing kit can be used on colored leathers.
Using a barbed kit, with barbed leather, usually gives you the best armor.
But as Kallie said. It depends on what you are looking for.

Using a barbed kit with horned leather may give you better fire resists on your pieces.
Using a barbed kit with spined leather will give better luck to your pieces.

Same applies to using Horned kits or Spined kits.
Hope that answers your question.
May the gods of the RNG smile upon you.

L

Lady Vivian

Thank you for the info. The RNG has not been very nice to me but maybe I smile at it wrong. hehe To date, all my crafting has been confined to my needs only and looking at some of the pieces I see on the vendors I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong. Guess I'll just have to learn to smile at the Rng differently. lol

P

pavel.vesely

Main reason you want to craft runic items from barbed/horned/spined leather is that enhancing process has large chance to destroy items and does not do anything other then add basic material properties to item, which is same as crafting item from that material.