• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice: Is beekeeping a "thing?"

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Was recently exploring "hobbies" in UO like gardening and aquariums, and came across beekeeping. Is this a fully-fledged hobby or sub-system in the game, or just a minor thing that some people keep around for deco (the hives?)

I ask because I'm working on fleshing out the wiki content areas and wondered if beekeeping should be included, or if we should just have a page on the hives.

Thanks!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's not really any 'beekeeping' involved. the hives produce honey in the same way as rose of Trinsic produces purpe petals. I have one for my chef for when she makes cakes or cookies.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There's not really any 'beekeeping' involved. the hives produce honey in the same way as rose of Trinsic produces purpe petals. I have one for my chef for when she makes cakes or cookies.
Ok, thanks; I think I got side-tracked by a google search that brought up a whole subsystem, but it was for a freeshard that shall not be named. I wasn't sure if it was a custom implementation or something that was implemented by Broadsword.

But that would explain why I couldn't find any detail on Stratics or some of the other prominant UO-related sites. ;-)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wish there was a beekeeping system/hobby. It could really compliment both gardening and cooking.